Sign in to follow this  
Elsmoko

ground textures changing near moving aircraft

While taxiing at some airports the ground textures will change near to where the aircraft is moving.

This change moves along with the aircraft, while more distant ground textures (ie. more than 300'

away) remain stable. I have Orbx sceneries installed however the airports where this happens are

nowhere near the Orbx sceneries and I haven't noticed the issue in at any airports in the Orbx areas.

I've noticed this issue at SBGR (Sao Paulo) and WIII (Jakarta).

Anyone know what causes this, and how to fix it?

Best to all,

Ken Boardman

Ken Boardman

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "MSFS Scenery Design Forum" to "MS FSX Forum". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

Do you have the "DX10 Preview" box checked, perhaps?

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

I have been researching this problem myself and never found an answer. I know that this is an old thread but can anyone answer this? Surely since 2013 someone must know?

Mike

****MIKE****

Have you checked that there are no duplicate AFCAD files installed for the airports where this happens? Duplicate AFCADS are often the cause of odd texture or elevation problems at airports.

Bill

I did think about AFCADS, but this happens at FSX stock airports and it doesn't matter what aircraft I'm using either.

Mike

****MIKE****

I'm a bit stumped now - the only other thing I can think of, if it is not an AFCAD problem and occurs at stock airports, is whether it might in some way be related to any terrain mesh addons giving rise to elevation discrepancies? Just a long shot really!

Bill

• Upvote 1

I had this problem but only with England photo scenery.  I traced it to the fact that season setting was not summer, maybe worth trying your settings in summer mode.

Echofox

I'm a bit stumped now - the only other thing I can think of, if it is not an AFCAD problem and occurs at stock airports, is whether it might in some way be related to any terrain mesh addons giving rise to elevation discrepancies? Just a long shot really!

Bill

I think Bill is on to something.  This had been discussed over at the ORBX forums and I do believe the changing textures are related to texture and or mesh resolution being too high.  You should make sure that for any 3rd party airport installed, the corresponding bgl and cvx file from ORBX is disabled (rename with a .off extension).  That seemed to work for me, as well as any flashing textures.  Also, make sure that any 3rd party airports are listed above everything else in the insertion points tool within FTX Central.

-Jim

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

You may be on to something with the mesh. I do use FS Global 2010 so that may be the cause. I recently bought FS Global's AFM program (Aerodrome Flattening Mesh) to deal with those troublesome airports that are in a trench or on a plateau, so maybe I'll try it on some of the more level airports and see what happens. A couple of feet difference in elevation may be enough to cause this issue. I will report back. Thank you all for your help.

Mike

****MIKE****

After encountering this problem myself (both within an Orbx region and in an airport not near any region) I have found the only way to resolve this problem was by going to Display Settings (Scenery tab) and changing the Texture resolution.

I initially had the Texture resolution set to 7 cm as recommended by Orbx, NickN and Word Not Allowed (to name a few); changing this setting to 15 cm solved the problem for me. If you still have a problem then reduce to 30 cm or less as required.