Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fjsharry

Have any suggestion for my next stick

I was consider purchase  higher level flight stick,i using saitek cyborg fly5,i consider few stick , 1.saitek x65 2. thrustmaster WARTHOG,and which one is good for commercial and GA. I used to flight 777 and A2A c172 or MJC dash8. Have any suggestion for my situation,or maybe have more good stick i don't yet?

Greetings 

Xing

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

If you insist on using a Stick, then there is only one: Thrustmaster Warthog.  It costs lots of dough, but it really is that good.  I was a skeptic myself, but the second you take it out of the box, you'll feel a lot better about your purchase.

If you are using 777, 172, or Dash-8 though, it is my opinion that it is really best to use a decent yoke, and not a stick.

Logitech Extreme twist is all you will ever need for FSX.

Yeah yoke should be better than stick, but my situation is I often moving new house so I can't take yoke cause too big

Also warthog is stable production? I was afraid she will easy to broken...

Logitech extreme I own before,but she broken now

I'm not sure: I moved from a Cyborg X (the very same Fly 5, just older packaging) to an X-52. When I moved out of the country, I had to leave it behind because of its size: it's almost as bulky as the Saitek yoke I've seen in some flight schools.

Logitech Extreme twist is all you will ever need for FSX.

That would be a downgrade from the Cyborg Fly 5.

Yeah yoke should be better than stick, but my situation is I often moving new house so I can't take yoke cause too big

Also warthog is stable production? I was afraid she will easy to broken...

Logitech extreme I own before,but she broken now

The Warthog stick and throttle weigh ~12 kg. VERY heavy-duty...made from metal, not plastic. It uses magnetic Hall-Effect sensors instead of potentiometers, so response is super-smooth, and they do not wear out and start spiking like conventional pots do.

You absolutely get what you pay for. Whether it's worth it to you is a personal decision.

Cheers

I will also jump in with the Thrustmaster T.16000M as that uses hall-effect sensors and it wont break the bank with the price.

I second the Thrustmaster T16000m. I have been using one for a couple years with great results. For ~$50 it is a great flight stick. I fly mostly helicopters, so the stick gets alot of use.

Regards,

Danny

I will also jump in with the Thrustmaster T.16000M as that uses hall-effect sensors and it wont break the bank with the price.

I also like the T.16000M for a low-end stick. It uses HE sensors for the aileron/elevator/rudder axes, but still has a potentiometer for the throttle. It's not at all in the same class as the Warthog, though.

Regards