Sign in to follow this  
maurice253

FSL Airbus A320-X long time...

I beg to differ. FSL staff have been very clear on their forum: they admitted that they made a huge mistake by setting a release date last year which they were unable to meet, and they now consistently communicate that they need an undisclosed additional amount of time to simulate the aircraft's complexity. We are dealing with payware, FSL is putting time and money in this development. It's up to FSL to decide how and when they should communicate, and it's up to the consumer to decide how and where he will spend his money.

FSL has communicated consistently that they are aiming for the most in-depth 320 on the market, and that the Airbus philosophy is very complex to port to FSX in a satisfactory way. Beta testers have to sign an NDA, which tells me as an outsider that these guys are serious. FSL consistently says it is developing systems that are not on the current payware 320's (Aerosoft, BBS), and giving details on these systems would be a strategic blunder.

What I have written above, is all to be found on the FSL forum. The OP is a frequent poster on the FSL forum and has voiced his opinion on that forum many times. If the OP is uncomfortable, he should either continue the debate on the FSL forum (where he will get the best answer to his uncertainty) or buy a product that is currently on the market.

I've been telling myself not to get involved in this one, but I have to agree with you there. FSL has given more than enough information to say that the project is not dead and that they intend to see it through to completion. The beta team has also been active and they also confirm that.

I do understand the pain of waiting, I've been following them since they announced it 2010 when I was apart of another beta team and I will undoubtedly be one of FSL's customers the second this thing is out regardless of the wait. But that's just how payware is let alone any software development. It just takes time, but it will be rewarding at the end. I for one will not be apart of another paid beta as I still have not gotten that bad taste out of my mouth from that other company that left the Extended Team high and dry (are we even still testers if we're not testing anything?). But there's more out there, whether it be other addons or life.

The point is this, FSL is alive and is actively working on their product and they owe us nothing as we have not invested ANYTHING into the research or development of their product. It is at their discretion to release anything to us. All the information is and will be available on their forum. So just sit back and relax  B).

I beg to differ.

Yes of course.Re reading my post I can see how you might have assumed I am defending the originator of the topic. I am not, what I badly meant to suggest is the following;

I don't see the need to be negative

I am not following the FSL posts and frankly I don't wish to. You have laid out FSL rational here for all to read in response to the original poster and presented good points, but then attack the originator.. What is pointless and unhelpful in my opinion, is to attack the Originator as a justification or a right.

It seems as if prejudices have arisen and have flowed over into the AVSIM forums. If FSL had seen the need or have the time, then allow them to respond on this forum (as other Developers sometimes do), or just let the topic dry up.