Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rossco

NavData YBCS SID Incorrect

Don't know if this has been previously reported but a search didn't show anything.

Just setting up a flight out of YBCS Cairns Australia & discovered the Rwy 15 Swift 7 STAR is wrong. Has you doing a right turn into the mountain range instead of left turn out over the sea.

First time I've found this to be incorrect. Was OK for NGX737.

Will have to do it manually which will be a bit of fun!

Ross Casey

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

If there's an issue with the latest navdata you're using, report it to your provider. Most times they'll issue a corrected copy of the data.

Don't know if this has been previously reported but a search didn't show anything.

Just setting up a flight out of YBCS Cairns Australia & discovered the Rwy 15 Swift 7 STAR is wrong. Has you doing a right turn into the mountain range instead of left turn out over the sea.

First time I've found this to be incorrect. Was OK for NGX737.

Will have to do it manually which will be a bit of fun!

Ross Casey

Hi Ross,

I'm just about ready to depart YBCS atm, and I can confirm that the SID Swift 7 (Rwy 15) is correct on my T7.

As Dave above has posted, best to dbl check what you have and where it's from.

Rgds,

Dave, the Navdata I'm using is the one that came with the T7.

That's interesting Steve, will set the aircraft at Cairns again next time I use it & see what the track looks like then. Hopefully it was only a temporary glitch.

Will let you know.

Correctly shows a left turn here. Original Nav DB.

Best regards,

Robin.

Just checked at YBCS & still shows a right turn after 400ft. Parked at International terminal Gate4. Odd!

I'm just about ready to depart YBCS atm, and I can confirm that the SID Swift 7 (Rwy 15) is correct on my T7

Could be  wrong  here  but  the op was  stating  the star swift 7  was  wrong  and  your  coming  back with   a sid swift 7  is  correct  so someone is  confused on the  star or  sid, most likely its the op since he  stated   he was planning  a flight out of ybcs  so he  would  be  using the sid swift 7 departure.  In the topic header he  got it  right but not  in his post :P

Folks

Looking at the current Navigraph Airac (1310), there are some issues with the way the SWIFT7 SID is written.

I am not sure how this code looked with the Airac supplied with the T7 as I have updated my Airac since purchasing the T7.

Nevertheless, the current code looks like this:-

SID SWIFT7 RNW 15 TRK 149 UNTIL 400 TRK 030 INTERCEPT RADIAL 080 TO FIX CS TRK 080 UNTIL 4000 TURN RIGHT DIRECT FIX SWIFT

There are 2 issues with this.

1. There is a speed restriction with this procedure up to tracking 030 of 190kts.  This is not coded here and frankly most likely has no bearing on the direction of the turn, however it should be coded as such as the kite needs to turn through 119* to attain a track of 030.

2. The part of the code 'INTERCEPT RADIAL 080 TO FIX CS' should read 'INTERCEPT RADIAL 080 FROM FIX CS'.  The radial 080 TO fix CS actually resides on the other side of the Cairns VOR (FIX CS) in the high terrain!!  This is at least one reason why the T7 turns right in an attempt to meet this condition.

OK so the quick fix is to break out the code in the sidstars folder under PMDG for YBCS and substitute TO for FROM in the SWIFT7 SID.  Save it and it should work turning left after attaining 400'.

Hope this helps

Jock McIntyre

Melbourne, Australia

You are right Peter.

Meant to type SID not STAR. 

Sorry for the confusion. 

Thanks for the suggestion for a quick fix Jock.

Made for good practice flying it manually though :-)

Ross Casey

Ross,

give what Jock suggested a try. He knows what he's talking about. He's been producing SIDS/STARS for Aus/NZ db's for a while now.

Rgds

Made change as suggested Jock & all looks fixed.

While I was at it I put the speed restriction in also.

Havn't flown it yet but it looks OK.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers,

Ross Casey

Folks

Looking at the current Navigraph Airac (1310), there are some issues with the way the SWIFT7 SID is written.

I am not sure how this code looked with the Airac supplied with the T7 as I have updated my Airac since purchasing the T7.

Nevertheless, the current code looks like this:-

SID SWIFT7 RNW 15 TRK 149 UNTIL 400 TRK 030 INTERCEPT RADIAL 080 TO FIX CS TRK 080 UNTIL 4000 TURN RIGHT DIRECT FIX SWIFT

There are 2 issues with this.

1. There is a speed restriction with this procedure up to tracking 030 of 190kts.  This is not coded here and frankly most likely has no bearing on the direction of the turn, however it should be coded as such as the kite needs to turn through 119* to attain a track of 030.

2. The part of the code 'INTERCEPT RADIAL 080 TO FIX CS' should read 'INTERCEPT RADIAL 080 FROM FIX CS'.  The radial 080 TO fix CS actually resides on the other side of the Cairns VOR (FIX CS) in the high terrain!!  This is at least one reason why the T7 turns right in an attempt to meet this condition.

OK so the quick fix is to break out the code in the sidstars folder under PMDG for YBCS and substitute TO for FROM in the SWIFT7 SID.  Save it and it should work turning left after attaining 400'.

Hope this helps

Jock McIntyre

Melbourne, Australia

This is a common problem with the Navigraph data - there's a lot of incorrect FROM/TO use with the INTERCEPT commands.