Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Air1

Real world trip to Alaska.

Not til next summer of course, if all goes well. Who said the "Alaska Wilderness pack" was cheap?

In a nut shell.

Fly into Anchorage

Kenai Fjords National Park

Prince William Sound

Fairbanks

Denali National Park

Talkeetna

Back to Anchorage by rail with a stop at lake Hood before we departed.

All in ten days. Maybe I can talk the wife into a float plain excursion in there some where.

Steve

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Sounds like fun!

Except I always think of Alaska as frigidly cold; two many nature shows of foxes pouncing on Bunny's in the snow, or something....... :-)

Go in the summer!

What a great trip! Hope you both enjoy it and also the Lake Hood seaplane trip.

Best regards.

Luis

All in ten days. Maybe I can talk the wife into a float plain excursion in there some where.

I live in Anchorage, I would suggest Rust's Flight service for a tour.  If your into Fishing they might even do a day Salmon trip.  Can't be sure.

I don't know if you've been to Alaska before, Steve, but you're going to really enjoy that trip.

That is roughly the same trip I'll be taking next year.  We plan to fly into Anchorage, rent an RV and spend about 3 weeks exploring the area all the way to Denali.  This year we did the southeast section and now we want to see the mainland portion. Can't wait.

Summer is great up there, long days and short nights will give you plenty of time to see the sights.