Sign in to follow this  
Air1

Real world trip to Alaska.

Not til next summer of course, if all goes well. Who said the "Alaska Wilderness pack" was cheap?

In a nut shell.

Fly into Anchorage

Kenai Fjords National Park

Prince William Sound

Fairbanks

Denali National Park

Talkeetna

Back to Anchorage by rail with a stop at lake Hood before we departed.

All in ten days. Maybe I can talk the wife into a float plain excursion in there some where.

Steve

Sounds like fun!

Except I always think of Alaska as frigidly cold; two many nature shows of foxes pouncing on Bunny's in the snow, or something....... :-)

Go in the summer!

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

What a great trip! Hope you both enjoy it and also the Lake Hood seaplane trip.

Best regards.

Luis

All in ten days. Maybe I can talk the wife into a float plain excursion in there some where.

I live in Anchorage, I would suggest Rust's Flight service for a tour.  If your into Fishing they might even do a day Salmon trip.  Can't be sure.

Brian Thibodeaux | B747-400/8, C-130 Flight Engineer, CFI, Type Rated: BE190, DC-9 (MD-80), B747-400

beta.gif   

My Liveries

I don't know if you've been to Alaska before, Steve, but you're going to really enjoy that trip.

That is roughly the same trip I'll be taking next year.  We plan to fly into Anchorage, rent an RV and spend about 3 weeks exploring the area all the way to Denali.  This year we did the southeast section and now we want to see the mainland portion. Can't wait.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

Summer is great up there, long days and short nights will give you plenty of time to see the sights.