Sign in to follow this  
FSXDan

Can I Fly from LAX to Honolulu with a 737-800NGX?

So simple question, can I fly from KLAX to PHNL with the 737-800NGX on a full tank.

I ask because I tried too (im still new to flying) with active sky running, my speeds started to die doing a 4x simulation rate, half way through i notice the center fuel tank is going down but have 8620 in both left and right tanks each. so what am I doing wrong?

Daniel Maris

You should be able to make it, probably a little weight restricted but certainly doable.

Of course your center fuel tank will run empty but that's normal, you'll just be using the wing tanks

Lee

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

The fuel in the center tank is always used first before the wing tanks. Once the center fuel tank gets low (you should get a Master Caution light when there's like 200 lbs of fuel remaining), you turn the center fuel pumps off and the wing tanks are then being used.

Yes, it should easily make that distance. There are real world airlines who use the NG on West coast-->Hawaii routes routinely.

nameforavsim_zps06a82147.jpg

ok stupid question but ive never been able to figure out how to switch fuel pumps, where in the overhead panel is it located or is it down on the thrust?

Daniel Maris

Fuel pumps are overhead panel lower left side 6 switches and labeled. If you don't switch them off nothing bad will happen in the sim.

Justin whetstone

Not to be condescending, but are you aware that this information should all provided in documentation - tutorials, manuals, etc. - that came with the product?

nameforavsim_zps06a82147.jpg

Flying the 2 tutorials would do you a world of good. You'll learn alot.

Alaska B738 from Anchorage to HNL....

Anchorage to Honolulu should be doable because it's all downhill, right?