Sign in to follow this  
Kuragiman

Lonestar One and the Bayou State

Picked up MegaSceneryEarth v2.0 Louisiana and was stunned at the awesomeness of the texture work.   Now I just 4 TB of storage space and $2000 to buy the rest of the states.  XD

PMDG 737NGX 700 Model with Lone Star One livery, SweetFX with Custom Settings, MegaSceneryEarth V2.0 Louisiana, REX Weather Engine and Textures, Shade.  Filmed in Glorious DX10 With Full Bloom On, Curtsy of Steve's DX10 Fixer

LoneStar-1.jpg

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

Magic.  Looks stunning.. 

Have got 16 States so far and still growing.. :lol:  :lol:

James (jaydor)

"Let me X-Plane where I fly in 2020"

You'd need less than 2TB for the whole of the USA :) The texture work is mother nature at work, plus a bit of human influence I guess.

Dean
Manager - PC Aviator Australia

Retailing Sim DVD Software, Downloads, Hardware and Accessories

Magic.  Looks stunning.. 

Have got 16 States so far and still growing.. :lol:  :lol:

The devil on my shoulder made me go buy Mississippi, Arkansas, Oklahoma, New Mexico, Arizona, Colorado, Utah, Nevada and all of California last night... T_T  Damn you devil... damn you...

You'd need less than 2TB for the whole of the USA :) The texture work is mother nature at work, plus a bit of human influence I guess.

Well 2 TB to store the EXE's and another for installation?   I did see one disappointing thing while crossing into Texas from Louisiana though.  THIS:

Texture-Glitch.jpg

I know the MegaScenery FAQ says TOUGH.  That's the way it is.  Can't be 100% perfect.   I just wanted to make sure this was not MY doing.    The missing textures across the middle of the lake and the shoreline next to it was a little distracting but overall a great experience.   It is the first time I was able to maintain 50 FPS while in the NGX with all sliders maxed but Water and moderate AI traffic turned on    I did have 2 hiccups on the way out and in.    I have FS DreamTeams New Orleans installed and as I turned to face it during taxi, the FPS when from 45 to 15 for a brief moment and then while landing in Dallas, coming over the top of the city, the FPS went from 50 down to about 25.    I thought these were rather extreme losses in FPS for being the ONLY 3D geometry on the screen.

I am stall just in awe at the fact that just moving the mouse cursor on the screen costs you 15 FPS.  @_@  That is ridiculous.  

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

I have FS DreamTeams New Orleans installed

Really, never saw that FSDT made any New Orleans airport. Secret project?

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Really, never saw that FSDT made any New Orleans airport. Secret project?

My bad!  XD   To many add-ons!   That's the City of New Orleans from Aerosoft.

100454.png

Brian Navy

Thanks for the screenshot of the issue. These anomalies can happen on border lines. I will pass it on to the developer to see if anything can be done.

Dean

Thanks for the screenshot of the issue. These anomalies can happen on border lines. I will pass it on to the developer to see if anything can be done.

No problem.   Hope it helps.  Nothing a little Photoshop blending with the clone brush tool can't solve, right!?  :)

100454.png

Brian Navy

Well 2 TB to store the EXE's and another for installation?

Yes, this is true :) That would be a lot of data to re-download, which you can do of course at any time in the future, but if you can avoid the hassle, a cheap 2TB USB external hard drive to store the files on is a better option.

I recently purchased a USB 3.0 HDD Docker, so you just drop in any standard internal SATA or SSD into the caddy. If you have lots of data to backup or store, you can save some $$ buying the internal hard drives instead of the external cased ones each time. Usually save the cost the HDD dock with the first internal 2TB drive in fact. Good if you have data that needs backups of backups (digital family photos etc) but equally useful if you are a MSE addict too :)

Dean

Yes, this is true :) That would be a lot of data to re-download, which you can do of course at any time in the future, but if you can avoid the hassle, a cheap 2TB USB external hard drive to store the files on is a better option.

I recently purchased a USB 3.0 HDD Docker, so you just drop in any standard internal SATA or SSD into the caddy. If you have lots of data to backup or store, you can save some $$ buying the internal hard drives instead of the external cased ones each time. Usually save the cost the HDD dock with the first internal 2TB drive in fact. Good if you have data that needs backups of backups (digital family photos etc) but equally useful if you are a MSE addict too :)

Yeah I acutally went out and got a USB 3.0 2TB WD the other day to store my 18 states on and free up the other drive for video raw data recording for music videos.

100454.png

Brian Navy