Sign in to follow this  
Montie

Megascenery Nevada

Does anybody have any experience with MegasceneryEarth V2 Nevada?

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "MS FSX Forum" to "The Photoreal Scenery Support Forum". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

Yes.

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

I think it's great.  One of their better states for color and clarity.  Mountains look great especially on a flight say from San Diego to Las Vegas.  3rd party addons like FSDT KLAS and US Cities X Las Vegas match up well.

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU

I just bought it (downloading - haven't tried it yet), though I'd rather they sampled stuff at 30cm instead of 50cm. I tried their Hawaii 2.0 since it was on sale for $5.00 due to the sat photo issue of clouds. The Hawaii one was pretty bad even forgiving the clouds on ground issue, I mean overall the detail just was not there and the cliffs were blackened due to photo angle.

Hopefully this Nevada one was worth the $23 I just spent, figured it will be nice to close in the Orbx gap between WA-OR-ID-CA-ROCKIES area, so that almost the entire NW is now covered.

So far from what I've seen TileProxy looks best for PhotoScenery but you have to fly in circles and it fails to properly perma-cache tiles even when you set it to do so (it re-downloads them anyways).

Overall Orbx probably still looks the best even though Orbx is only partially photo, with TileProxy a close second to Orbx only if TileProxy is working at its best in a specific area, and MSE 2.x a distant third.

Note that using Bing's server in TileProxy houses do not look flat until you fly lower than about 200 AGL, in MSE 2.x they look flat even from 1500 AGL. So they did something wrong in some of their samplings.

dtmicro, as per my other reply on the other thread about Nevada, PM me and I will offer you some tweaks to display your MSE scenery correctly. You are not really seeing it at full resolution, so your experience is probably far worse than most other MSE customers. I am happy to help you see MSE how it is supposed to be seen!

Dean
Manager - PC Aviator Australia

Retailing Sim DVD Software, Downloads, Hardware and Accessories

Something is wrong with the MS Las Vegas program.  While all the structures (mainly hotels) show up in the overhead view, when looking from the 2d or 3d cockpits the structures simply are not there.  I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Las Vegas program but it did not help.  I emailed Megascenery with that inquiry but, after several days have passed, they neither acknowledged the inquiry nor responded.  Does anyone have a suggestion?

I see by the number of posts you may be new to the hobby/forum?  If so welcome!  MegaScenery does not include 3D structures or vegetation.  It is only images of the ground (known as 'Photoreal').  One is given the 3D illusion when flying at higher altitudes but the immersion is lost once on approach and landing as everything becomes flat. :(   Only "library objects" will appear while on the ground (like you saw those hotels or aiport structures).

Like all add-on sceneries some are good and some not so good.  Can be very subjective.  Some like MS because they fly from airport to airport and just fly over photoreal while others want the whole 3D effect. 

If you look around you can find some PR that also contain 3D structures.  There are even add-on developers who add 3D to Megascenery.

Thanks for the reply to this newbie.  The FSX default LV scenery included hotels and other landmarks, but they are not there in the 2d or 3d cockpit view when Megascenery LV is loaded.   Is there a way to have both Megascenery and the hotels when taking off or flying low over LV??

13 hours ago, jdhawaii said:

Thanks for the reply to this newbie.  The FSX default LV scenery included hotels and other landmarks, but they are not there in the 2d or 3d cockpit view when Megascenery LV is loaded.   Is there a way to have both Megascenery and the hotels when taking off or flying low over LV??

HI,

I haven't checked, but the main objects should display,as they would be placed models rather than autogen.  photoscenery will generally override any autogen, but custom models should still be displayed.  A screenshot of what you are seeing would help to clarify if there is a problem.

If you want a higher detailed representation you could consider a freeware addon for the area which may add more buildings.  Try the avsim library or google and search for Las Vegas (FSX Las Vegas for the google search).

Another alternative would be Aerosoft's payware addon US Cities - Las Vegas.

Or if you can wait a while apparently Fly Tampa are doing McCarran International and also including a large area of addon scenery.  I would probably recommend holding out for this one, as it will be the newest and the best.

Cheers,

I have the screenshot but I can't figure out how to copy the  screenshot into the message in Windows 10 (Chrome or Internet Explorer).  Copy and paste do not work, nor does the snipping tool.  Any advice would be welcome, but I hate taking so much of your attention.

Thanks

On 23/10/2017 at 10:32 AM, jdhawaii said:

Thanks, Scotth6.

Here is a screenshot of the Bellagio fountains without the Bellagio (or any other hotel).

https://imgur.com/a/Z8iMv

I can't get the picture but I hope you can.

Hi.  the pic is pretty small.  i can't see much.  To post a screenshot do the following:

- Use v key to take the screen shot in the sim.  This will save a jpg (or bmp) in the Pictures/FSX or P3D Files folder.

- A good image hosting site is:

http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/

- Browse to your image you want to show on the forum.  Upload the image.

- Use the code under "BBCode embed".  When you copy and paste this link, the image will show in any forum page you paste the link in.

As stated above, photoscenery will suppress any autogen and only the main custom buildings will appear.  Your best bet to have more scenery objects above any photoscenery is to use another addon.

Cheers,

Yea, that is not correct.  Hotels, the strip, etc should be showing even if there is photoreal scenery applied.  When something goes wrong for me I go back to square one... turn off all add-on scenery (not un-install, just turn them off), so you just see default scenery.  If there are still no hotels then there is an issue with your installation, Las Vegas files are missing or they have been moved/renamed.

If the hotels do appear with default then try turning on your add-ons one at a time until the hotels disappear and that my be the culprit.