Sign in to follow this  
sdenton

Turbulence

The last 5 or 6 flights I have in counter turbulence  I have it turn off in my FSX I check in the weather program i<am using it also is turn way down,Last nite it was so bad it crash my aircraft after I slow it down any ideas????

Aleinware Area-51 Windows 10 Pro Intel i7 CPU 960@3.20GHz 12 GB RAM GeForce 770 Graphic Card

A little more information might be helpful.

Which weather program are you using?

Do you use Accu-Feel?

Do you use the registered or free version of FSUIPC?

What were the real life weather conditions at the time?

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

In FSX 'Clear skies' isn't truly 'clear', it still adds in occasional wind gusts and turbulence. The best solution is a third party weather app with a clear sky weather theme, which forces FSX to not bother adding it's own weather.

And yeah, even with the 'clear sky' setting in FSX, those little bursts of turbulence can be enough to put your plane into a fatal dive if you're unlucky or low enough.

I'm getting plenty of turbulence with FSrealWX Lite.

IAN

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

Sorry for the long de- lay {work} I am using Active Sky 2012 I have it turn way down I just check My Accu-Feel and found that the global was up to about 10 I turn it down .I am using a registered FSUIPC  and weather was clear most of the time.To night I did even had time to pull the power back before it crash.We will see if changing the Accu-Feel helps.Thanks for all your help.

Aleinware Area-51 Windows 10 Pro Intel i7 CPU 960@3.20GHz 12 GB RAM GeForce 770 Graphic Card

Something is amiss there. I have AS2012 and have never had issues like that. I have had issues with wake turbulence which can end a flight very quickly and with the older AS version I had an issue with one particular aircraft, The Lionheart Epic Dynasty where every now and then while at 30K feet the plane would be literally thrown 3-4000 feet straight up and then up to 10K feet straight down and would oscillate like that for a while. 

Thanks for the reply I think the problem was in Accu-Feel I turn it down so far it has not happen...

I had problems with Accu-Feel's turbulence.  Accu-Feel enhances the effects created by FSX and any weather add on programs.  I think the enhancement of turbulence is way over done.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.