Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

P3D V2 Pre Release Questions for Lockheed

Are all types of RL controlled airspace included, or are there the same classes as in FSX?

Will the professional version have any extra features that the academic version does not?

Chris

As has been said, thanks for taking the time to read and answer some questions, it's much appreciated.

I’ve got a pc that would eat FSX for breakfast and not even notice it was running but I’ve never upgraded from FS9 due to the stable platform versus millions of tweaks argument. I’m thinking it’s probably time I did take a next step however so my question is simply do you win the stable platform argument versus X Plane?

Q1: where would P3Dv2 benefit better (performance, FPS, rendering speed, autogen, etc.) from larger amount of Cores at lower GHz (e.g. Xeon 8 Core at 3GHz / all cores),

or less cores but at higher GHz (e.g. Consumer CPU 4/6 Cores at 4GHz / all cores)?

Q2: is there a break even as for amount of cores to GHz?

e.g. if GHz in general is more beneficial then larger number of Cores at lower GHz, what would be the minimum amount of cores that going below them,

it is better having more cores at the lower GHz configuration?

Example:

if I have 8 Cores at 3GHz and let's a assume that GHz is better then larger amount of cores.

going down to 6 cores at 4GHz will be better, but if I drop already to lets say 4 Cores at 4GHz, I better off staying with 6/8 Cores at 3GHz.

what is the break even on Cores/GHz?

Q3: What is the amount of cores  if I go behind it will be relative marginal benefit?

Joel Strikovsky
Banner_FS2Crew_NGX_Driver.jpg

In reference to triple monitor setups, is the so called "fish eye" effect been resolved? Or is that something we are stuck with?

Kacper Nowotynski

Is there a multiplayer function with shared cockpit mode available? Is it different to the solution in FSX?

Best regards from RelaxX

Will AI aircraft traffic separation (from other AI traffic and/or user aircraft) and AI altitude on approach (correct altitudes for approach) be addressed by LM or an updated SDK for a third party developer?

Running dual GPU's in SLI is not currently of much benefit to FSX.

Will P3D v2.0 take advantage of SLI at release and if not is this likely to be implemented at a later date?

Is waterclass address in this version 2 of P3D?

Sent from my SAMSUNG GALAXY Note ll using Tapatalk 4

Is waterclass addressed in this version 2 of P3D?

will user be able to take position of ATC and command AI traffic in V2/planned for future update?

Hi: I like having AI traffic at my airports, but the current version of Prepar3D seems to have distinct limits. Will the new version be capable of handling a fair amount of AI traffic?  Thanks for the new toy for Christmas by the way.  Mike Gutierrez, North Hollywood, California.

Michael Gutierrez. North Hollywood, California

If I purchase the Academic licence, is there a time limit on it's use?

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776