Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

20NOV13 - PMDG 777-300ER & 200LR/F SP1 Update!

You would think so, but Ryan stated a while ago that it was fixed. However, it has remained firmly in the "under investigation" category. Other issue shave been moved to the fixed category. Hence my query.

There is considerable benefit for me and others in answering it. It's a very important issue for many of us, again see previous page. If it transpires that it's harder to fix than anticipated, and causing a delay, or perhaps it's not going to be included at all in SP1.... then that will be bad news for many of us that regard this issue as serious.

Perhaps the core issue is fixed but the FIX had unintended side effects and there a cascade effect of other fixes or tweaks? Hence the primary item remains on the list? Also it says FBW system, not specifically the trim issue. There might be many small items under that one heading. As to your second question, I highly, highly doubt PMDG would not include the fix in SP1. It might however mean that SP1 takes a couple of months longer to perfect.

The most important thing with very important issues is, to have them resolved in our installations.

If the FBW can't be updated by a hotfix, we'll just have to wait for the SP. And there will be no release date for a SP, until internal builds are complete and final tests have been evaluated. So whether the trim issue "is looking good, currently", really doesn't tell me a thing.

Sorry, I'm giving up here ...   goodluck_s.gif

The most important thing with very important issues is, to have them resolved in our installations.

If the FBW can't be updated by a hotfix, we'll just have to wait for the SP. And there will be no release date for a SP, until internal builds are complete and final tests have been evaluated. So whether the trim issue "is looking good, currently", really doesn't tell me a thing.

Well put! I do understand everyone's frustration and desire to have everything NOW!!!! But... dare I say it, good things take time.

I didn't actually realize that all Robert said was "is looking good, currently" - That's as much as saying, yeah were looking at doing a 787, its looking good currently, but next week it might not be so good!!

End of story is, they will fix it and we will get it before this time next year.

I hope.

Perhaps the core issue is fixed but the FIX had unintended side effects and there a cascade effect of other fixes or tweaks? Hence the primary item remains on the list? Also it says FBW system, not specifically the trim issue. There might be many small items under that one heading. As to your second question, I highly, highly doubt PMDG would not include the fix in SP1. It might however mean that SP1 takes a couple of months longer to perfect.

May well be, "perhaps" yes. Hence why I'm asking for clarification rather than us theorizing.

May well be, "perhaps" yes. Hence why I'm asking for clarification rather than us theorizing.

The problem they face if confirming it is fixed is the usually "why don't you release it as a separate hotfix" blah blah blah.

I don't blame them for saying nothing until it is ready.

It is PMDG. They will fix it. It will take time. They will not tell you how much time. You will learn to be patient.

-Martin - I am just joking with you don't take it the wrong way. I can't wait for any news either. :)

I didn't intend to post a literal quote of one of Robert's statements.

My line in quotes was ficticious, simply illustrating what an answer by PMDG might be like. (Or rather, what it would boil down to, no matter how Robert might ever put it. :P)

The only official statement by PMDG I'm aware of, is the well-known "under investigation" phrase.

Your post makes zero sense. I have not asked if it's "looking good" as you put it.

All I'm asking for is clarification.

If PMDG tell us that the trim fix is more problematic than previously believed, and that it will have to wait until after SP1... then I am better informed. It's called transparency, keeping your customers informed. I would, in that case, be less inclined to peruse this forum, dealing with lovely members like you, waiting for something that's no longer as relevant to me.

Your post makes zero sense. I have not asked if it's "looking good" as you put it.

All I'm asking for is clarification.

If PMDG tell us that the trim fix is more problematic than previously believed, and that it will have to wait until after SP1... then I am better informed. It's called transparency, keeping your customers informed. I would, in that case, be less inclined to peruse this forum, dealing with lovely members like you, waiting for something that's no longer as relevant to me.

Calm down guys! Its a piece of software that cost less than my dinner tonight, lets keep it in perspective.

I am sure Robert or his team will inform us when they have decent info to inform. (Is that word used correctly?)

I bet if he replied right now it would be along the lines of, "still looking good" which does not really tell us much more.

PS - Robert - Please prove me wrong! :)

The problem they face if confirming it is fixed is the usually "why don't you release it as a separate hotfix" blah blah blah.

I don't blame them for saying nothing until it is ready.

It is PMDG. They will fix it. It will take time. They will not tell you how much time. You will learn to be patient.

-Martin - I am just joking with you don't take it the wrong way. I can't wait for any news either. :)

My questions don't relate at all to "when will it be fixed" or "release it as a hot fix".

They are simple questions that can be answered in seconds. With no skin of anyone's nose.

Not relevant! Ryan did confirm it was fixed... however, contrary to that it hasn't be placed in the "fixed" category. Hence the perfectly reasonable question.

Calm down guys! Its a piece of software that cost less than my dinner tonight, lets keep it in perspective.

Not sure what you mean by calm down, I'm not irritated. Bemused maybe.

I bet if he replied right now it would be along the lines of, "still looking good" which does not really tell us much more.

Which wouldn't relate at all to my questions.

My questions don't relate at all to "when will it be fixed" or "release it as a hot fix".

They are simple questions that can be answered in seconds. With no skin of anyone's nose.

Not relevant! Ryan did confirm it was fixed... however, contrary to that it hasn't be placed in the "fixed" category. Hence the perfectly reasonable question.

Ryan said the trim issue was fixed. Yet the issue thread implies there is more to the FBW system than just the trim issue. Hence, FBW system as a whole stays on the 'under investigation' category.

My last comment on this before I opt out of a downhill situation is that I would rather they spent time finishing it all and less time responding to every single little question on forums. Please don't take it the wrong way. I meant no offence.

Ryan said the trim issue was fixed. Yet the issue thread implies there is more to the FBW system than just the trim issue. Hence, FBW system as a whole stays on the 'under investigation' category.

Which is speculation of course, you theorizing.

If my questions are answered there will be no need for theories, we will be blessed with definitive fact.

Martin,

PMDG neither exist for your curiosity, nor for you lecturing them in customer relations.

(They exist solely for my pleasure!!! :lol:)

Of course not. But like all top notch companies they take the time to  answer paying customers queries.

P.S. Who has lectured PMDG in regard to customer relations. I've juts asked two questions.

Naughty boy. :rolleyes:

But like all top notch companies take the time to  answer paying customers queries.

I really am breaking my own rule here by replying but I do believe for official customer enquiries you need to submit a ticket at support.precisionmanuals.com.

I am reasonably sure that this forum, whilst official, is still not the place for official customer enquiries or requests.

PS if you get any juicy info from your support ticket, do tell us all!

Its 1.27AM here, I am off to bed before someone makes a "someone's wrong on the internet" meme about me.

Cheers :)

can't believe this thread is still going on about the same thing,  which I forgot  what it was now B)

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

PMDG, will answer the question when they are available.

Mo45