Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

20NOV13 - PMDG 777-300ER & 200LR/F SP1 Update!

You know I hate to rub y'alls faces in the mud here...but what bugs?! I haven't come across ANY.

Sure...

Then you must be blind...Or maybe you don't have enough knowledge and/or experience to recognize them?...

Or maybe the rest of us who DO have seen them are just a bunch of moaning liars...because obviously you are the most experienced and important user, and if you haven't come across ANY, then no doubt, no bug exists at all...

Once said that, now I'll return my face into the mud, where it belongs...

Cheers.

A lot of us, including some really, really knowledgeable guys, are flying the T7 pretty much non-stop. Among those guys (and gals) are a few real life T7 pilots.

Since they're not complaining, or have at least found a way around the little bugs that do exist, why the complaints?

As far as they are concerned, there are no game-breaking bugs...

Also, why the complaints about the release date? Do you think complaining about it, will bring the date closer? Do you think it will make PMDG change their mind about their " it's ready when it's ready" type of updates?

If you really do think so... I'm afraid I have some bad news for you.

By now, you've paid 90$ for the best entertainment type sim of the 777 out there. In a few months, you'll be getting a free update, ironing out pretty much every teeny little bug you guys have found. And you're still complaining? How nice of you.

You should try complaining in the same way at the boards of the "other" 777 developer.

Hi Thomas,

I suspect that we are going to get a lot of enhancements to the B772 as well as bug fixes. I am prepared to be VERY pleasantly surprised at what PMDG will deliver us as New Year's presents.

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

Sure...

Then you must be blind...Or maybe you don't have enough knowledge and/or experience to recognize them?...

Or maybe the rest of us who DO have seen them are just a bunch of moaning liars...because obviously you are the most experienced and important user, and if you haven't come across ANY, then no doubt, no bug exists at all...

Once said that, now I'll return my face into the mud, where it belongs...

Cheers.

Mr Pienado, Just to clear a few things up....

I did not say those who find bugs should have their faces in the mud. It is a mere expression, stating that, i dont wish to upset anyone and making your life hell

I have relatively good experience and knowledge, and i can fly the plane well enough so that, well, it can fly and follow a programmed route, with good levels of fuel, the right lights on, and pretty much follow a SOP.

There is no way i am the most experienced or important user, and i did not say, "well i can't find any so dont go fixing it". I am sure you, and I, will get our service packs at the right time, and no doubt we'll equally enjoy it and feel the benifits. Just have to give it time.

Hopefully this has cleared it up, Mods: please note I do not wish to start a fish and chip shop battering here, just stating whats what with my older post

Thanks,

Andy

Hi Thomas,

I suspect that we are going to get a lot of enhancements to the B772 as well as bug fixes. I am prepared to be VERY pleasantly surprised at what PMDG will deliver us as New Year's presents.

Of course, but that's not the part I was contesting. What I was on about, is the apparent impossibility for some users to complete a flight, because there are supposedly some game-breaking bugs. Of course there are some bugs, but none of them are game breaking in my, and more importantly, the beta testers' and tech team's, book.

NOTE: I am NOT talking about high VAS-usage and OOM-errors here. The 777 is a pretty high-end add-on, and should be treated as such. There will always have to be a list of priorities on your mind while using high-end add ons.

Actually, the autotrim "bug" is rather severe, making manual flight even more of a challenge.    :unsure:

But since the FBW may be related to dozens of items to be included in the upcoming SP1, a separate FBW hotfix may not make much sense, either?

Anyhoo, to me the T7 is quite impressive for a version 1.0, and there's a lot for me to learn, systems-wise: This is my first B777 that comes with a complete FCOM, flight envelope protections are modelled and even stuff like TAC is implemented.   B)

Firstly, merry Christmas to all the folks here, although it is a little late!   As far as bugs go, never experienced any of the issues some are relating here.  I have been one of the lucky ones.   I have had absolutely ZERO issues with the aircraft since release date.

I am excited about SP1 and the 777-300.   The only real issue for me is the trimming which will be ironed out in the SP1 release.   No worries though, I have it under control in any event, a little bit of practice and I got the landings nailed LOL!   

I agree with the others here stating that it is the finest simulation of the 777 out there and indeed, the finest simulation I currently own.   I also cannot wait for the 747, my favourite airliner ever!   Anyway, to all the PMDG staff, merry Christmas and I hope you are enjoying a little time off with family and friends before storming off into the new year and pushing out more awesomeness for the rest of us eagerly awaiting it!

Kind regards.

Had the B777 crashing FS X the other day after starting up and taxing for departure at old Doha Airport. That was really frustrating. I think that there is another bug with the plane. When you put to SLEW mode to move the plane, it will continuously move at a very fast uncommanded speed after you get out of the SLEW mode. In SLEW mode it will cause the tires and brakes to overheat and nothing you can do to reset the tire temperatures other than restarting FS X. (unless there is something else I missed out) Aren`t these frequent and obvious bugs with the product which we have paid for and have not been solved after 3 months plus since release.

Regards,

Darren

Its been three months.  We are in the same boat.  The bugs are really not that bad.  The plane still works

Agreed

"One area that we are not certain will be ready at release time is the taxi cameras. We have not yet succeeded in providing the multi-camera view in a manner that is stable enough for day-to-day use. Stability is a major issue to sim users- so unless/until we get a stable camera module, we won't include it in the release.". Perhaps a video link on youtube on the PMDG B777-300ER taxi camera in operation rather than just words.

Darren

In SLEW mode it will cause the tires and brakes to overheat and nothing you can do to reset the tire temperatures other than restarting FS X. (unless there is something else I missed out) Aren`t these frequent and obvious bugs with the product which we have paid for and have not been solved after 3 months plus since release.

Really that SLEW bug isn't so serious in my opinion, I just don't find any reason to use SLEW mode on the ground..

So far after completing 4 ultra long haul flights + two 10 hour flights I'm very happy with this aircraft, it seems to be really stable. 

Regards

Joona L

So let me get this straight. You're upset because you believe you have a product that you have paid for that is not up to your expectations. And then you're demanding evidence of progress on a piece of kit that has clearly been stated (you even found the quote) as not being ready. Seriously? What are going to do? Whine about what's not working in that?

Wow.

Sometimes you use SLEW to position the aircraft to weird parking areas not covered under the default parking spaces or if you are using third party scenery to position the aircraft perfectly. I have flown many hours on the B777 but it was some of these bugs that crash FSX just after takeoff or just at around descent. Very frustrating after 15 hours of non stop flying!

Regards,
Darren

Really that SLEW bug isn't so serious in my opinion, I just don't find any reason to use SLEW mode on the ground..

So far after completing 4 ultra long haul flights + two 10 hour flights I'm very happy with this aircraft, it seems to be really stable. 

Regards

Joona L

We know that it is not ready but we are just requesting on further details on what they are doing with this. In my work place we cannot just tell our customers "the work goes on" or "it is not ready". We tell them details like "SLEW problem...Solved and in testing"....Or "Default flight loading bug...Solved and in testing".Unless that this is the work ethics of PMDG which will be very sad of such a highly regarded company in the field of flight sim according to some of the praises here on the forum.

Darren

So let me get this straight. You're upset because you believe you have a product that you have paid for that is not up to your expectations. And then you're demanding evidence of progress on a piece of kit that has clearly been stated (you even found the quote) as not being ready. Seriously? What are going to do? Whine about what's not working in that?

Wow.

Sometimes you use SLEW to position the aircraft to weird parking areas not covered under the default parking spaces or if you are using third party scenery to position the aircraft perfectly. I have flown many hours on the B777 but it was some of these bugs that crash FSX just after takeoff or just at around descent. Very frustrating after 15 hours of non stop flying!

Regards,

Darren

We know that it is not ready but we are just requesting on further details on what they are doing with this. In my work place we cannot just tell our customers "the work goes on" or "it is not ready". We tell them details like "SLEW problem...Solved and in testing"....Or "Default flight loading bug...Solved and in testing".Unless that this is the work ethics of PMDG which will be very sad of such a highly regarded company in the field of flight sim according to some of the praises here on the forum.

Darren

I slew without the bug.

I slew by disengaging any wheel chocks or brakes, then moving exactly forward or backward at under 10 knots by using the numpad 8 or 2 keys to adjust my position on the gate so that the aerobridge/jetway can meet the door correctly, or so that the nosewheel is on the stop bar marking.

To change gates I will sometimes use FSDT's GSX to select a gate and then "Warp me to this location". Forward/Backward slewing at under 10 knots may be required to perfect the positioning on the gate.

SLOW, single taps of the numpad keys.

No need to slew with the yoke/stick at 499999kts with the brakes set.

Somebody call the waaaaaaaambulance!- would be my summary of what this thread has turned into

~William Genovese~

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg         KAB200_sig3.jpg

Yeah really. Just give the developers time and latitude so they can work on and add great features and bug fixes which might be left out that people will complain about not having in the next couple pages of this thread.