Sign in to follow this  
JohnSmith

PMDG T7 Randomly Start Going in Circles

Hello. I've been flying the 777 for a while now and I have been thoroughly enjoying it. However, on occasion, while departing an airport or while on approach, the plane will make a dramatic turn and start making circles. This issue happens while near waypoints as well as in between waypoints. The turns are so dramatic that I get a "bank angle" warning from the plane.

Another issue that may be related to this is that the plane tends to travel to the left of the heading I select in the MCP. I only notice this happening during flights that the plane circles on. I haven't experienced these issues in any other PMDG product in the past. Does anyone know what's going on here?

Thank you,

Stephen Hobson

This happens to me on occasion if I don't disable turbulence in FSUIPC (or via whatever weather generation program I'm using). All PMDG products seemed to be vexed by weather apps and turbulence.

I have the same issue. Most likely it is weather engine add-on. I am investigating it. So far this airplane is almost impossible to fly due to issues were mentioned above. And it is freezes... :mad:

I was suggested not to use cold and dark state but it did not help. 

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”

I have the same issue. Most likely it is weather engine add-on. I am investigating it. So far this airplane is almost impossible to fly due to issues were mentioned above. And it is freezes... :mad:

I was suggested not to use cold and dark state but it did not help. 

Like DAL said try disable turbulence / wind variance etc from FSUIPC and also disable turbulence effects from FSX display settings, that should fix most random stuff. 

I've had to do this with every single PMDG bird (other than the old B1900 and JS41) to stop random S turns and similar stuff from happening. I don't think it has anything to do with any particular weather engine. 

Like DAL said try disable turbulence / wind variance etc from FSUIPC and also disable turbulence effects from FSX display settings, that should fix most random stuff. 

I've had to do this with every single PMDG bird (other than the old B1900 and JS41) to stop random S turns and similar stuff from happening. I don't think it has anything to do with any particular weather engine. 

I have same settings as described above. Still same issue. 

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”

In the NGX, if you don't put in a assumed temp in the Perf page, for example -53 you will get the symptoms as described above.

How I discovered this one day was I accidentally put + instead of - before the number, and the NGX  went in circles and bank angle alerts etc etc.

Now the T7 is doing exactly that, disabling anything in fsuipc will not stop this, as most likely corrupted weather data is being read.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

In the NGX, if you don't put in a assumed temp in the Perf page, for example -53 you will get the symptoms as described above.

How I discovered this one day was I accidentally put + instead of - before the number, and the NGX  went in circles and bank angle alerts etc etc.

Now the T7 is doing exactly that, disabling anything in fsuipc will not stop this, as most likely corrupted weather data is being read.

I'll give this a shot. Thanks!

I'll give this a shot. Thanks!

Setting an assumed temp in the T7 is not the same in the NGX. Maybe it is set via the WX file ? Can someone confirm that ?

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.