Sign in to follow this  
gfd

Iris Dynamics Force Feedback Yoke

Greetings from the frozen north (Fort McMurray, Alberta, Canada)

Many in the flight sim community have been looking for an affordable Force Feedback Yoke. As you know, the prices out there are quite high. Iris Dynamics out of British Columbia, are developing a force feedback yoke that will probably sell quite a bit south of 1000 dollars. That is a lot of money. But compared to what's out there, it's a bargain.

Of equal interest, is the technology being employed in the yoke.

They have a Kickstarter campaign for this yoke. MODERATOR PLEASE NOTE: I am not advocating that anyone contribute in any way. It is just that the two sites that offer the best information regarding the yoke, also advocate for the Kickstarter.

I urge anyone interested to have a look. It appears that around May of next year, the product will be on the market.

MODERATOR: If this is out of bounds, please delete the post with my apologies.

Thank you for sharing. I looked it up and it looks really promising. I wish these guys the best. I will be making a pledged.

Thank you for the info. I just signed up for one as well.

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

This really looks like a great addition to everyones simpit!

Especially the ability to change the acutal yoke to everones liking!

Kind regards
John 

I was about to click the button and sign up for a 600 CAD yoke, when I noticed that it doesn't currently support FS9.

Unfortunately, my flying is wholly FS9 - Leonardo Maddog.

Is there any hope that this will work with FS9 as well?

Thanks

Neil

beta.gif

They also have the kit version on their website too which is great. That's the one I will be going, as my pit is VLJ specific. I can wait till I get mine, hopefully May, if all goes well for them.

I look forward to this company turning into a retail company. I really think the idea is rock solid and if enough people order them they should be able to reduce the cost and increase features at the same time. 

The only thing they're missing is the "not for use for personal entertainment" to put them over the top!