Sign in to follow this  

Back to hell

Ezdok is what keeps me coming back to FSX at this point, I think I could live without every other addon except this one. 

I thought Ezdok worked in P3Dv2?  Didn't I read it?

Ezdok was one of a handful of auxilliary programs which took Flight Simulation into orbit for me and I definitely couldn't do without it.

You can still use Ezdok in Prepar3d V2. Use the new .EXE and you are fine.

This evening I tried OpusFSX once more. Which also was the last time for now. It kept on changing the weather suddenly and at one moment my plane (the A6) wouldn't fly anymore: the engine stopped working. Looked a little like the problem the RealAir Legacy has with the carb heat or something like that. So I disabled OpusFSX and loaded a P3D weather theme and I could continue flying. Probably has to do with temperature and pressure but I don't really want that crap happening now LOL so I'm done with weather engines. Right now I want the sim to do what I want to do and that's it. ^_^ (OpusFSX is becoming far too complicated anyway imho: it used to be so simple but there are way too many options now! Maybe the new Active Sky weather engine will deliver the goods soon.)

The A36 is nice! Pity the GPS doesn't have a map view but other than that it's not bad for a default plane. So I've got three default planes to keep me entertained and FTXG plus Norway freeware.

BTW This time I flew a bit higher than I did before in P3D and although the autogen does not popup you can very clearly see the cone of autogen moving along with the plane, specially with those dark FTXG trees on light green textures... This probably also was so obvious because the weather was sunny and visibility was almost unlimited. I think I like a lower visibility a lot more. That way you don't see that clearly where the autogen and the clouds stop. Another reason to not use a weather engine... ^_^

Performance was great again btw. Fps didn't drop at all! I think I will do a flight near New York or Seattle or a city like that soon to see how performance is with my new settings above huge cities. Anyone knows what's a 'heavy' city to fly above?

OPUSFSX works fine for me with P3d2, but that doesn't mean much. The default is to inject updated weather every 15 minutes, but if you fly out of the original default boundary before that, the weather could change.

Did you try turning off both the live camera option and the DAM/DHM effects?

This evening I tried OpusFSX once more. Which also was the last time for now. It kept on changing the weather suddenly and at one moment my plane (the A6) wouldn't fly anymore: the engine stopped working.

Wouldn't FSUIPC's option to "smooth weather transitions" mitigate this behavior?

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Did you try turning off both the live camera option and the DAM/DHM effects?

I turn all that off directly after installing.

Wouldn't FSUIPC's option to "smooth weather transitions" mitigate this behavior?

Maybe, but 1. OpusFSX should take care of it itself and 2. I don't own FSUIPC. ^_^

I turn all that off directly after installing.

Maybe, but 1. OpusFSX should take care of it itself and 2. I don't own FSUIPC. ^_^

Well Jeroen tried them all lol since FSMETEO ;-) as for WX engines a lot can influence

the depiction of WX as Bill stated FSUIPC is one of them.

Untill now I find non of the WX engines performed to my own standards.

in P3Dv2 OpusFSX works fine also the camera stuff no VSYNC problems lol which ECZA has or default for that matter ;-)

In FSX or P3Dv2 Opus has indeed the sudden shift of clouds during an update in P3Dv2 the event is less pronouced as in FSX but still.

Curious what AS will bring next because it was a long time my default engine for several reasons.

Notice something during testing above the Netherlands where it was snowing the ground textures where coverd with snow and when leaving the area and it was raining

I saw the non winter textures... Never seen this before in FS.

Maybe I saw this for the first time in a decade lol

Time to go for the SDK lol

In general I think P3Dv2 has to mature and bug fixes in which we will sp1 (or 2.1 / 2.05 lol)

André

Maybe, but 1. OpusFSX should take care of it itself and 2. I don't own FSUIPC.

I seem to recall reading that OPUSFSX requires all FSUIPC weather settings to be disabled (not that it matters in your case):

http://www.simforums.com/forums/fsuipc4-settings_topic43028.html

This is done from the FSUIPC user interface.

Curious what AS will bring next because it was a long time my default engine for several reasons.

Despite all the buzz about the upcoming ASN, I suspect that it will be about the same as REX, OPUSFSX, FSGRW, etc.. The Microsoft ESP weather engine just has too many limitations to overcome and you can sense that when you read responses by the various 3rd party developers to the same old questions about the weather. It's like Mark Twain said ... 

Internal cameras work. Externals don't.

External aircraft view work fine if you copy the Ezdok global camera definition section from one of your FSX aircraft .cfg files (will be at the end of the cfg file) to the end of the aircraft.cfg files in P3D. The Ezdok configurator tool that does this automatically for your FSX setup is not working, so just do it manually.

I am using these views all the time (same as I have setup in FSX), no problem.

Have not tried the external world views yet

Rob

Robin Harris