Sign in to follow this  
yorgosGK

Will repair function roll me back my default textures?

Sorry if a topic already exists like this, I couldn't locate one....

What I'm looking to do is restore EVERY file to do with textures.....after GEX, FTX Global, REX, UTX tests I am not 100% sure I executed the uninstall process properly on each addon..... I think i have congested my FSX and Im loosing FPS.....I would like to restore all original texture files properly and install my selected addons based on my tests CLEAN....

Will the repair function actually do this...sometimes I hear yes sometime I hear no...I kind of scared to do it...Am i jeopardizing anything?

George Kyriazis | www.georgekonline.com

ELB729.png

Everything except FTX should uninstall clean. Since FTX Global changes some core files I have no idea about that, I would check their forums. 

You could either post a screen shot of an area to compare with others and that might give you an indication, but as far as I know if you want to be 100% sure you are running FSX defaults, you need to reinstall FSX.

I'm sure others will have ideas for you as well

Jay

Hi, Yorgos: My suggestion would be to create a second install of FSX on another drive, a laptop, or some other media (I use my wife's pc) and then copy/paste the required files into my FSX.  

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.