Sign in to follow this  
FlyBoyMike

Flight Factor 757-200

So I ended up taking the plunge and got this.

I'm fairly confident now this bird will keep me very occupied in X-Plane for quite some time! Anyone still on the fence about this one should definitely consider getting it, actually really glad I chose this instead of the 747-8i.

Screenshot2013-12-15130215_zps177b1c93.j

Screenshot2013-12-15134841_zpsab24a843.j

Seeing that you're someone who appears to enjoy PMDG products (judging by your sig), I'm really happy to hear you've found an aircraft that pleases you in X-Plane! The future is very bright for this sim, and what Philipp has been doing with systems is no doubt very beneficial to the community as a whole.

Have fun!

Founder of X-Aviation

Seeing that you're someone who appears to enjoy PMDG products (judging by your sig), I'm really happy to hear you've found an aircraft that pleases you in X-Plane! The future is very bright for this sim, and what Philipp has been doing with systems is no doubt very beneficial to the community as a whole.

Have fun!

I haven't actually used the PMDG 777 for a while now and am finding myself less inclined to use FSX in general these days. It's not that I no longer like PMDG products, it's just that I'm finding the FSX platform in general feels quite dated (even with nice add-ons) and the allure of P3D v2.0 hasn't really had an effect on me. Over the past month or so X-Plane seems to really have had a bit of a major breakthrough in terms of quality add-ons (payware and freeware) and it's great to see it's finally starting to happen!

In terms of systems depth, the 757 really is on par with anything that PMDG has released. With the way things are heading in the X-Plane world I think PMDG might have a bit of competition on their hands.

I have to agree.  Since I started fleshing out my XPX fleet and scenery I only fired up FSX to test out ASN vs OPUS, but have also started noticing how dated the cockpits and world are looking.  

I'm a PMDG-only flyer on FSX and was very relived they are more thank halfway into testing and developing one of their products for XP10.  In the meantime, I have found FF's 777 enjoyable and well-detailed from a visual and systems perspective.  It's unfair to compare it to PMDG since Robert and co. have been around much longer in the FS2004 and FSX world, but now doubt PMDG has stands above the rest when it comes to realism.  Having said all that, I don't mind trying out the 757, especially for short and medium haul flights, and above all, before the 757 becomes a thing of the past in real world aviation..  I have invested quite a bit in FSX, but it does not feel as smooth as XP10.  XP10 takes advantage of 64-bit architecture and knows how to capitalize on the CPU and GPU.  Once PMDG debuts on XP10, I will start my transition from FSX.  If there are some improvements I could humbly suggest for FF is more realistic changes in cruise.  It seems to me that step climbs happen too fast.  I also noticed the FF 777 has no wing flex in flight.  I don't know the intricacies of visual modeling, but I hope they can make that aspect more realistic.

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

XPX has FF, LES, FlyJSIM, Carenado and each new release raises the bar  a little bit higher. Next out the bat should be IXEG to raise the bar even further, If PMDG does decide to ever cross over they have a steep hill to climb, but I'll be honest and say after flying the SAAB and FF757 I'm not missing PMDG. Xplane has some great plane developers who  are quickly perfecting their crafts, what XPX needs are all the utility 3PDs to fill in the gaps, weather, ATC.

I'm a PMDG-only flyer on FSX and was very relived they are more thank halfway into testing and developing one of their products for XP10.

I also exclusively use FSX only for PMDG and this is one of the reasons I never switched to P3D. The thing is I've finally decided to break my strange 'love affair' with all things PMDG and come to accept that there are other very talented devs out there who are also constantly pushing boundaries and coming out with really amazing products. FlightFactor have released such an amazing 757 based on what they learned while developing the 777 as that was their first release of a complex airliner, they're next release can only get better.

The IXEG 737 will also be ground-breaking as we all know, you could say that companies like PMDG are the catalyst and possibly an inspiration to other devs, Janov who is the RW pilot involved with the development and testing of IXEG 737 even said so himself in another post that PMDG are their inspiration for what they do.

I also notice that the development cycles for complex airliners in X-Plane are shorter than for ones released in FSX so products are released more frequently. Wonder if this has anything to do with X-Plane being an easier platform to work with code-wise?

I took the same plunge recently too.  I have some small niggies but overall enough to keep me flying more and more in XPX.

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

Unfortunately Ive spent all my Xmas money on FSX addons, naughty boy :P

Got ANS, FTX Global and Rex Latitude.

Great pics,When they come out with a Cargo version,I think I'll have to jump in also.

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

I guess I am on a island here, I don't think any current jet is CLOSE to PMDG accuracy.  I think we will see PMDG quality in a jet when the IXEG 737 is released.  After flying the FF 777 I am not convinced on the system accuracy, I don't think the 757 accuracy would be much different.  ( I am not talking about switches working..... I am talking about the function being true to the real system)

The system accuracy in the SAAB is excellent from the small amount of testing I did but I am not convinced on the slip indicator and rudder input seems to have very little impact on the plane, I have never flown anything near the size of a SAAB but I can slam the rudder to the stops and the slip indicator hardly goes off center.  

Mike Avallone

9900k@5.0,Corsair H115i cooler,ASUS 2080TI,GSkill 32GB pc3600 ram, 2 WD black NVME ssd drives, ASUS maximus hero MB

Slightly off topic but interested in your opinion on system accuracy especially in FF777. I am presently starting to use this aircraft. I personally am not interested in FMC accuracy (only using to get V speeds, trim settings ) but am interested in other system fidelity and failure modelling. Is the FF757 improved in these areas compared with the FF777

After flying the FF 777 I am not convinced on the system accuracy, I don't think the 757 accuracy would be much different.  ( I am not talking about switches working..... I am talking about the function being true to the real system)

I have the FF 777 as well as the PMDG 777, yes I do agree that systems accuracy between them varies a bit but the FF comes very close. Keep in mind this was their first release of a complex systems airliner and they did simplify in a few areas, for example you only really really have control over the captain's side and the displays will all show the same thing on either side, they only modeled a single FMC so it's similar to LDS 767 or Aerosoft AXE in that sense. PMDG seemed to go to great lengths to model everything exactly as in the real thing down to the creaking noises while rolling down a taxiway, another example would be the time it takes to start the APU, the self-test sequence when powering the aircraft, time taken to pressurise hydraulics etc.

I did find however that after having exposure to the FF 777 there wasn't really much else new to learn with the PMDG 777.

With the 757 they now have everything separate, so separate left/right displays and two independent FMC's. I was also able to go through the Normal Procedures in the manual which is taken from a real FCOM and all systems worked as described in the book.

i would buy it if the cockpit was better modeled and better textures.

There is a new level in modeling/texturing and the 757 is far behind.

There are new addons that have raised the bar. The Flyjsim 727 and SAAB is outstanding in both simulation AND cockpit modeling/textures.

I am intresting about the 757 due to its system depth but i wont pay high-standard price when the cockpit looks dated/off.

NO SOUP FOR ME!

Same goes for the newly released 747. 60$ for that modeling/texturing. It makes x-plane get a bad rep when people from FSX land looking at whats comparable for "PMDG" prices in x-plane world.

This post is about the FF 757 and not the  FF 777, NEO A320 and Peter's A380.

How can someone say nothing comes close to PDMG, if you don't own FF 757 or even XP10!

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo