Sign in to follow this  
martin-w

ASN Fantastic!

There have been quite a few ASN posts, but I felt I needed to add my opinion.

I've just taken off from Edinburgh and battled through the most impressive thunderstorm I have ever experienced in flight sim. I should be thanking REX as well for the sound effects and impressive lightning bolts, not to mention RealAir for the shakes and rattles of the B60's fuselage.

This was in the B60 V2. Yes, I know, crazy to battle a thunderstorm in any aircraft, let alone in the B60. I experienced amazing turbulence, fantastic clouds, a rain splattered windscreen and lightning flashes all around me... and not a single sudden wind shift. I actually didn't believe flight sim could get this good. Constant weather all the way, no vanishing clouds, no anomalies of any kind.

The approach into Stornoway was even better, visually stunning and felt very realistic when I de-crabbed for landing. 

Well done to HIFi. This is my first HiFi product, and so glad I made the purchase.

Welcome aboard Martin and thank you for the kudos!

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

There have been quite a few ASN posts, but I felt I needed to add my opinion.

I've just taken off from Edinburgh and battled through the most impressive thunderstorm I have ever experienced in flight sim. I should be thanking REX as well for the sound effects and impressive lightning bolts, not to mention RealAir for the shakes and rattles of the B60's fuselage.

This was in the B60 V2. Yes, I know, crazy to battle a thunderstorm in any aircraft, let alone in the B60. I experienced amazing turbulence, fantastic clouds, a rain splattered windscreen and lightning flashes all around me... and not a single sudden wind shift. I actually didn't believe flight sim could get this good. Constant weather all the way, no vanishing clouds, no anomalies of any kind.

The approach into Stornoway was even better, visually stunning and felt very realistic when I de-crabbed for landing. 

Well done to HIFi. This is my first HiFi product, and so glad I made the purchase.

Martin, I'll add my 'happy dance' to the mix.  Purchased the upgrade today, and find that there is no FPS impact on my system, and ASN is giving me quite complex atmospherics, with all at default, but for one exception. I have turned on advanced overcast, as my system seems to be able to handle it.  All in all, most impressed!  Right now, I am flying around Martinsburg, West Virginia, then will head over to the bluffs off the coast of San Francisco for some soaring...and see if ASN is up to the task... :)   Everything is looking really good..and I think also, it is worth the upgrade from A.S.E. if you have that...

Post Edit:  "Ok...coming through some heavy scud at around 3,800 out of Martinsburg...and caught between a thousand foot clear air before the next visible bank of clouds, ...well, I just had my a** handed to me....talk about turbulence!  Very impressed....and a keeper for sure."

Portland Oregon. 1/4 mi visiblity this morning and setting on the ground. Fog thickness keeps changing and rolling in. Amazing.

After trying ASN for a few days, I've come to the conclusion that it's a big annoyance.

1)  Before, I could merrily fly along with wanton disregard for the conditions outside.  Now, unless I want to be tossed around like a rag doll in a clothes dryer, I actually have to PLAN my flight around the weather!  How annoying is that?

2)  It used to be that even when there was fog, rain or snow, I could fly out of a short strip in the Canadian Rockies by holding my heading and climbing fast.  Now, in inclement weather I can't see a darn thing once I get above a couple hundred feet and within thirty seconds I have no idea where I'm at and it stays that way until I smash into the canyon wall. 

3)  I had no idea FSPassengers could be such a whiny lot.  Look outside, fools, it's not my fault!  If you don't like my flying, go buy your own Q400!

4)  Why did I spend all that money on scenery when I'm going to be looking at clouds for the whole flight? 

Of course, I bought ASN before the free trial expired.  In what is perhaps the best year ever for desktop flight simulation, ASN is literally the icing on the cake.  For me it's brought the simulator to life like nothing else.

Well done, Hi-Fi.

Richard P. Kelly

Hi can ASN works in p3dv2 with migration tools   ....

No Charles - there will be a P3D2 version soon. We are beta testing it now but trying to get the FSX release taken care of.

And there will be NO addition cost for the P3D2 version!

Vic

After trying ASN for a few days, I've come to the conclusion that it's a big annoyance.

1)  Before, I could merrily fly along with wanton disregard for the conditions outside.  Now, unless I want to be tossed around like a rag doll in a clothes dryer, I actually have to PLAN my flight around the weather!  How annoying is that?

2)  It used to be that even when there was fog, rain or snow, I could fly out of a short strip in the Canadian Rockies by holding my heading and climbing fast.  Now, in inclement weather I can't see a darn thing once I get above a couple hundred feet and within thirty seconds I have no idea where I'm at and it stays that way until I smash into the canyon wall. 

3)  I had no idea FSPassengers could be such a whiny lot.  Look outside, fools, it's not my fault!  If you don't like my flying, go buy your own Q400!

4)  Why did I spend all that money on scenery when I'm going to be looking at clouds for the whole flight? 

Of course, I bought ASN before the free trial expired.  In what is perhaps the best year ever for desktop flight simulation, ASN is literally the icing on the cake.  For me it's brought the simulator to life like nothing else.

Well done, Hi-Fi.

Another user put it this way - "For the first time in FSX, weather matters!"

:)

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

I agree 100%! I have to admit I haven't bought yet as my sim budget is sorely strained at the moment, but buy I will.

I've said this elsewhere: ASN is a bush pilots dream come true! The level of immersion if you're groping your way through canyons in marginal weather is frightening!

"Fantastic" is an understatement.

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

Same problem with me... I can't wait for REX direct along with ASN!! Such an exciting time in the sim community.

2) It used to be that even when there was fog, rain or snow, I could fly out of a short strip in the Canadian Rockies by holding my heading and climbing fast. Now, in inclement weather I can't see a darn thing once I get above a couple hundred feet and within thirty seconds I have no idea where I'm at and it stays that way until I smash into the canyon wall.

LOL - great .. I too am suddenly much more interested in the actual weather as it is more meaningful now. Look theres a thunderstorm! -

under FSX - lets fly through it - no problem.

Under ASN - don't be so stupid !!

There's a 10%-on-all-downloadable-products sale at pc aviator at the moment - so I just bought my ASN license too, and will now have Real Weather whenever I fly FSX :-)

Yes I got mine at 10% last week!

Enviado desde mi iPhone 5S con Tapatalk

José Fco. Ibáñez /// i7 6700k (Delid) @ 4,6 Ghz /// Asrock Z170 OC Formula /// 16GB RAM G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200 /// GTX 1070 Founders Edition 8GB /// LG 27UD58 4K 27' // OCZ Vertex 4 SSD (X-Plane 10) & SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD (P3D V3) /// Windows 10 Pro x64

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg

don't be so stupid !!

------------------------------------------

I so totally agree...still looking for my fillings, from my climb out from Martinsburg yesterday afternoon....oh...you ask?   TURBULENCE!   Add in AccuSim, and kiddies...what a ride! :)

Toothless in Seattle..........

Wow, sounds impressive but is it really much/any different than former releases from HiFi, Opus, even REX E+ (which works quite well I find)?  Hard to believe there could be such major differences.  Can someone highlight the fundamental differences that contrast it against other weather products?

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X