Sign in to follow this  
Sonar5

CTD cause found!!!!!!!!!

Hey, Mr. "Paragraph Man",I'm all for good grammar and well structured paragraphs but those who can't spell 'criticism' shouldn't criticise!Pete

Guest Charlie Hall

Edam, Seemed like you were trying to speak with as few words as possible for the whole community who may or may not necessarily agree with you. That's how it came over to me at least. Further to that, I would never post such an impersonal message but I could be in a minority? Having said all that I have nothing personal against you at this time. Maybe if you had said that the lack of paragraphs was tiring reading for you (meaning you alone) it would have a much better effect and not provoke others. Fourth paragraph, please note that I used paragraphs. Jim, Your approval, please?

Hi all,This may be a bit of a side line but it is worth considering. I too have been experiencing occasional CTDs both pre and post Lennarts teextures, but mine seem to be aircraft specific, i.e. so far only with the PMDG B-1900 and the new FSD Piaggio. I havn't had time to do a lot of testing but so far the CTDs are only happening on the east coast of Australia and in Switzerland. UK USA & Canada are all OK. Defininately only with the above two planes though.Any Comments?

Paragraphs :-boom ... paragraphs :-boom ... don't get me started on paragraphs :-boom :-lol

Hi, Santa brought me a bigger HD and now I am installing all FS9 plus addons newly, not just copying from the other HD. After installing each addon I load FS9 to check if there are any incompatibilities. I now have also these CTD's and I found that there is a incompatibility between the landclass file that comes with the scenery in the MAAM DC3 package and the American Data. No CTD's if I or disable the landclass file or the Major Roads in AD (not the whole thing).It would be interesting if those of you with this kind of CTD have also the landclass from MAAM (which covers part of Pennsylvania)plus AD or USA Roads (or even the new Roads by Raimondo Taburet).PeterIntel Mobo D875PBZ with Intel CPU P4 3.20GHz2.0 Gig 333MHz DDR SDRAMAsus / NVIDIA GeForce FX 5700 (Omega 1.6177) (Q) (256 MB)Monitor Samsung SyncMaster 19"CH Yoke and PedalsWindows XP SP2

>I am not the only one that finds such things difficult to>read. Shouldn't that be "I am not the only one who finds such things..."?

BobK

Guest allblack

Glad you fixed it. I've never seen a CTD until I installed Active Sky.Now I'm fortunate enough to see them weekly.CheersTim

Guest allblack

Hi Jim.No, it was just thrown in as part of this thread, as opposed to making a new one.You're a school teacher right? Guess you get a big break over this time? In NZ the kids get nearly two months off over xmas, which is why the teachers in this country that bleat about low pay don't get a lot of sympathy!Anyway, trust you are having a good break from the schoolkids. My own are up country for a week, so I have the house to myself.Now, if only I could find a storm with lots of turbulence in AS I would be happy....CheersTim

Hi again,now I am totally confused: What happened yesterday (see my above post) does not happen anymore today - no problems loading FS9 with all addons activated.For the time being I have no idea in which conditions these CTD occur.Peter