Sign in to follow this  
Sonar5

CTD cause found!!!!!!!!!

Guest babewatcher

Dear Fellow SimmersFor the past month I have been doing all my flying in Europe and Asia. I just recently a couple of days ago did a flight from Ottawa to Washington Dulles airport. About 20 miles from the Dulles airport suddenly the CTD hit without warning and I found myself staring at my desktop. Now since the update for FS9 I have had no problems what so ever and I run with disk 4 in the drive. I then tried to load up FS9 starting at KIAD and at about 50% load up the FS9 screen disappeared. This was found to be constant during daylight hours, however It would load during dark hours. I then set about trying to find the cause of this CTD. I removed all my afcads and booted up with default texture files only and still the CTD persisted. I then set about disabling my addon files and to my amazement found the cause to be FLIGHT ONE'S USA ROADS. when I reverted to MS default roads and loaded up with todays date and winter textures in daylight hours it loaded up perfectly at KIAD. however as soon as I activated USA roads Major roads files only and loaded up at KIAD instant CTD again at the 50% loadup location. Loading up with USA roads activated in fall conditions ie October at KIAD I experienced no problems. I can only surmise that there is some conflict with the winter textures and USA roads. If you are having CTDS in the USA and have USA Roads try reverting back to default roads. I also experienced CTDS at Vancouver and Baltimore airports in the same fashion as KIAD. I would be most interested if others with USA roads are experiencing the same CTDS as I. Don

No problems at IAD with USA Roads for me. If USA Roads was causing CTDs, there would be a lot of people having similar problems. I think a lot of people are running it (and have been for awhile now)Check any recently installed addon scenery, duplicate afcads, etc.

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

Guest TWVA395

>And use paragraphs.There's no need for that. I doubt USA roads would be the cause for a CTD problem. Like someone else said, it's probably newly installed scenery or duplicate AFCADs.http://darkstarorder.com/sigs/Batman/SigFinal.jpgKen Weik [link:maam.org|MAAM-SIM][link:library.avsim.net/search.php?CatID=root&SearchTerm=kenneth+weik&Sort=Added&ScanMode=0&Go=Change+View]My AFCADs

Theres that paragraph thing againJimC

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

Guest Charlie Hall

Forget the paragraphs for the moment, how about a nicer way of correcting someone?

It's the internet. Who gives a darn about somebody elses paragraph structure, Edam. Good Lord.:-roll

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

I don't have that happening. What sort of weather is present when these occur? Specifically, is there snow on the ground? The seasonal CTDs prior to FS9.1 had something to do with blending layers of snow in the textures. Could be something related to snow and roads...or maybe your FS 9.1 update didn't install properly. A number of folks have reported that the 9.1 update appeared to run, but examination of the DLL versions post-update revealed that some or all of the DLLs didn't get updated. And MS is telling folks that if you don't have their patched original files with the CD in the drive, some of the fixes in the patch won't work.Personally (knock on wood) I have yet to see a CTD post-patch, and I use both USA Roads and American Data with the CONUS roads turned off.RegardsBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V L-300Washington, DC

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Guest babewatcher

Thanks everyone for your replies and I apoligize for the lack of para's in my first post.First off Im glad others with USA Roads are not having the same experience Im having but strange as it may sound it seems to be the catalyst that triggers the CTD's Im having.I have check my DLL files in the Modules folder and they have been updated to 9.1. As I said in my first post if I pick todays date at KIAD and load up FS9, FS9 ctds at the 50% load up mark. When I load up everything the same except for USA roads being disabled it loads up find at KIAD and Yes there is snow on the ground. I have systematically removed and added afcads,scenery/world/textures, and addon scenery files.At this point so far only removing USA roads seems to have a positive effect.I know from seeing other posts that just recently there seems to be a sudden increase of people reporting this CTD thing again. I wonder if the fact that FS9 switches from fall textures to winter textures on the 21DEC has anything to do with it. I will continue to experiment. Interesting thou that if I use a date like 15Oct and have USA Roads installed and active and load up at KIAD there is no problem.If you any suggestions that would be much appreciated.ThanksDon

Hi Don,First of all no need to say anything for a lack of paragraphs. Those of us that can read English and have something to say can do just fine. I have USA Roads and just tried to duplicate your crash. I have winter textures and snow with today's date. I flew around with no trouble. Have you installed any road textures? At 50% it is not your weather or AI Traffic. I wish I had more to say so I could keep going without making any new paragraphs!Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Supporthttp://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004proudsupporter.jpg

Hello Don!Well! I've got to let you know that I have run into the same exact CTD you describe at other airports. Same thing, no loads during the day but OK at night. After much research, I found out that the culprits on all my CTD's was a bad landclass file.Check your landclass files!!!!!!!!!!! USA roads is causing no CTD's on my rig on the areas you describe. I'm almost certain is a landclass file.Hope this helps!Sincerely,Dennis D. Mullert

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert

System Specs: Motherboard:  Gygabyte Aorus Z390 Master.  CPU: Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900kf Eight-Core 3.6Mhz overclocked to 5Mhz.  Memory:  64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3200MHZ RGB.  GPU: 11GB GeForce RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Hybrid.  Monitor: Viotek 34" curved GNV34DBE.  Power Supply: 1000 Watt Power supply. HD 1: 1TB Samsung 9780 EVO Plus NVMe SSD.  HD 2: 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD

Flight Sim Hardware:  Joystick: Thrustmaster T16000M.  Rudder Pedals: Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Pedals.  Yoke: Honeycomb Alpha.  Throttles: Honeycomb Bravo.

Guest DZollner

Don,You wouldn't happen to have FSGenesis's American Data (minus the roads of course) would you? I went ahead and purchased it, sans roads, for the more accurate railroads, utility lines, and streams. I read that they just updated to a new version, so I downloaded the update and installed. After I updated I started getting CTDs during loadups, especially on the eastern seaboard. I did some investigating and found that I now had roads in my American Data software that was conflicting with USA Roads. I disabled the American Data roads and all was fine.