Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rsrandazzo

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good flight!

Captains-

I just wanted to take a moment out of the busy holiday to drop in and wish you all a happy Christmas!

All of us that make up the team here at PMDG want to thank you for your continued appreciation of our work- and we hope that your holiday gives you some time to sit back and enjoy a bit of simming at your leisure!

(It has for me!  Installed ActiveSky Next and Rex 4 and took delivered an Air France 300ER to LFPG earlier in the week...  Might be taking it to Hong Kong tomorrow... It is tradition that I fly something around the world about this time of year- and this year it is the 300ER.  FAR fewer stops than when I took the A2A B337 around the world last year... or was that the year before...  they all run together...)

All kidding aside- thank you very much for all the support of the NGX and the 777.  We thoroughly enjoy creating these products- and it is your enjoyment of them that keeps us moving on the next release.

Happy Christmas to all of you-

Also to You, may 2014 be more outstanding. Need to regroup financially, for up coming year. Thanks: Chuck Stehr KPAE home of fine Boeing airplanes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:Star: Hello Robert

I wish the whole team and your families a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year 2014.

Thanks to that whole team for all the work that you all put into the aircrafts.

Now I wish you a pleasant flight with the 777-300ER :Star: 

Sincerely,

Sebastian Schlotz

post-254128-0-87149600-1388025942.jpg

Merry Christmas and a prosperous new year to you all :drinks:

I'll try to get at lest one flight with the NGX/777 sometime in the next 2 days 

Gents-

For those interested, I took the 200LR and did LFPG-LOWI last night.

The combination of the 200LR, Flugwerk's Austria Professional, Rex 4 and Active Sky Next...  Wow was that a fun approach dodging in and out of mountain snow squalls.  The mix of late afternoon colors and the blending of snow/clouds and mountains was just amazing.  Some of the changes REX helped me to make with the runway lighting made the strip stand out from the background just like it should... 

I'm sure I scared some of the locals used to seeing smaller airplanes doing the turn at ABSAM for the visual procedure for RW08, but sure was fun.  (I'm obviously not trained by Asiana...  Can you imagine those guys trying to accomplish THIS little gem?!  If the straight in to RW28L at KSFO gave him anxiety- he'd have an anneurism over this approach....  AHAHAHAHA <snort>  AHAHAHAHAH)

LOWI.jpg

Anyway- I'm not sure where I am off to today. The runway length at LOWI limits the amount of fuel I can take, but perhaps LGAV for dinner with Dr. EV(il)...   We shall see...

Happy new 2014 to you Captain, team and your families! I am now flying from FT's CYUL to FB's KPHX on the B772L. Hope to see the B773 soon!

Happy landing at 2014!

Andreu

Which airport should not be missed is Dubai B)  
Would it be possible to see a few pictures of the flights ?

Sebastian

Merry christmas everyone (i know it is almost too late :D :D )

I hope you were able to enjoy a few days with your friends and families.

Robert-

The 777 in LOWI? I have never thought of doing this haha :D

I think RSR might have still been drunk from Christmas day lol! :lol:

Been there, done that :) fits like a glove :)

OOOh, yes, forgot!

Anyway- I'm not sure where I am off to today. The runway length at LOWI limits the amount of fuel I can take, but perhaps LGAV for dinner with Dr. EV(il)...   We shall see...

Take it to Corfu! That one is fun as well, and Lauda used to take his 777 there once in a while.

Merry Christmas And a Happy new year to the whole PMDG Team.

The flight simulation world would not be the same without you!!

Johan,

I landed it on RW08, of course!  Was in the mood for a bit of hand flying, or as one of my pilot friends calls it:  Man-Work.

Flew it last night from LOWI to LPMA.  The NDB05 with the visual turn in the dark of night can make you sit up a bit in the seat, especially as you make the turn toward the coast only to find it is shrouded in cloud cover.

I have to figure out the "local tricks" to put vertical guidance into the FMS for that runway.  I went missed on the first try when I realized I was 200' high turning final.  Second time worked out just fine, but that might have been as much luck as pilot skill.

Not sure where I'm headed tonight...

Was in the mood for a bit of hand flying,

Robert:

I might have missed it elsewhere, but could you tell us which yoke and throttles you're using in your FSX flying?  A good set, well-calibrated, makes all the difference in hand-flying FSX and I'm still struggling with my Saitek setup on the more complicated approaches. Thanks and Happy New Year to all the hard-working PMDG Team!

A happy and successful 2014 to you RSR and all at Orbx.

Johan,

I landed it on RW08, of course!  Was in the mood for a bit of hand flying, or as one of my pilot friends calls it:  Man-Work.

Flew it last night from LOWI to LPMA.  The NDB05 with the visual turn in the dark of night can make you sit up a bit in the seat, especially as you make the turn toward the coast only to find it is shrouded in cloud cover.

I have to figure out the "local tricks" to put vertical guidance into the FMS for that runway.  I went missed on the first try when I realized I was 200' high turning final.  Second time worked out just fine, but that might have been as much luck as pilot skill.

Not sure where I'm headed tonight...

Ah 08 is very nice indeed hehe i remember doing it a bunch of times with the 744 always fun and tricky how about you try to fly and land at PAJN(Juneau i believe in Alaska) that's a bit tricky as well LDA 08 approach is the one to fly especially that last turn gives you a bit of Kai Tak feeling haha.

Robert:

I might have missed it elsewhere, but could you tell us which yoke and throttles you're using in your FSX flying?  A good set, well-calibrated, makes all the difference in hand-flying FSX and I'm still struggling with my Saitek setup on the more complicated approaches. Thanks and Happy New Year to all the hard-working PMDG Team!

Jerry-

I am currently sporting a Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog and the saitek rudders.

We are still, after 18 months living in a temporary setup while we look for a house we like in a neighborhood we want to live in...  (Northern VA real estate is a fascinating show.)  This being the case I haven't really been able to set up a decent sim rig- so I sprang for the HOTAS since it takes up only a small amount of real estate on the desk, has tremendous feel quality and also a ton of interoperability through the TARGET software...

I keep promising Paul that I am going to geek out and build a proper simulator with visuals once we get a house found...

He has listened to my hairbrained ideas before- and somehow they always seem to pan out.  LOL