Sign in to follow this  
XCLTM3

Using iPad as CDU?

Is this possible in the PMDG 777 presently?

i7 8770K @ 4.7Ghz + Corsair H100i GTX  Water Cooler - 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000Mhz - NVidia RTX 2070 XC 8Gb - ACER X34 Predator IPS GSYNC 3440x1440 Monitor - ASUS ROG STRIX Z370H - 2 x Samsung SSD Pro 512Gb  - 1 x Samsung EVO 1Tb - Win 10 Pro 64  21H2 - MSFS

"All in, all the time"

Steve Summers

Not from PMDG's end, but it is possible with certain 3rd party Appstore Applications.

Aamir Thacker

I bought the iOS app "AirTrack" (pretty cool btw.!) couple years ago but I'm not sure if it works with 777. I didn't test it in months actually..

I use Splashtop that allows to move the CDU to my IPad. Works fine in the NGX - didn´t try it yet in the 777, but I presume will work also fine. 

Edmundo Azevedo

I use Splashtop that allows to move the CDU to my IPad. Works fine in the NGX - didn´t try it yet in the 777, but I presume will work also fine. 

Before you buy any of those apps (there are several that do the same work) remember that they can only used the way you intend to when running FSX in windowed mode. The only IOS app that IMO works perfectly as an FMC in FSX is the VirtualCDU but only with the iFly 737 (in fs9 and fsx) and the PMDG 737. The developer seems open to take on new projects but I haven't received any response to my inquiries despite several mails.

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

You can use Air Display, works like an extra monitor, for control use config screen in windows.

Agree with KRISTER I have virtual CDU it's great, the developer is still around and will be doing a 777 one once he has the SDK I believe. Cheers Wayne.

http://fs2crew.com/banners/Banner_FS2Crew_MJC_Supporter.png

Wayne HART

You can use Air Display, works like an extra monitor, for control use config screen in windows.

I had a very poor experience with Air Display, there seems to be a bug in the software which doesn't allow it to be installed on certain configurations. I ended up getting a refund from the App store.

It work perfectly with XDisplay on iPad.

You can use the App as trial for 10 min.

ry56.jpg

That looks very promising, and has some very good reviews.

Tom

"I just wanna tell you both: good luck. We're all counting on you."

Hi Alex,

thx for the info.

2 things:

1. I noticed in your screenshot that it is being used with the NGX, have you got it running with the 777 as yet?

2. Is it relatively simple/easy to install & connect up? (How did you get the CDU to display rather than any other feature of the flight deck?)

i7 8770K @ 4.7Ghz + Corsair H100i GTX  Water Cooler - 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000Mhz - NVidia RTX 2070 XC 8Gb - ACER X34 Predator IPS GSYNC 3440x1440 Monitor - ASUS ROG STRIX Z370H - 2 x Samsung SSD Pro 512Gb  - 1 x Samsung EVO 1Tb - Win 10 Pro 64  21H2 - MSFS

"All in, all the time"

Steve Summers

Hi Alex,

thx for the info.

2 things:

1. I noticed in your screenshot that it is being used with the NGX, have you got it running with the 777 as yet?

Hi Steve, In relation to (1) I am seeing that's a 777?