Sign in to follow this  
Der Fuchs

FMC error with a specific Airport

Are you guys trying to load flight plans that you created earlier and saved?  If you added the SID/STAR/Runway to any of those older (saved) plans, you'll get an error like this.

I've always been a big proponent of not including SID/STAR/Runway when you save your flight plans.  This is why.

Kyle Rodgers

I concur with Kyle, I always use fp's not containing sids n stars, and no  errors as posted.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

I do not see any point in abandoning 2 runways and building 5 new ones

You shouldn't be thinking of abandoning them.  Those two runways could be exported to the UK where they'd constitute a 40% increase in capacity at London's 4 airports.  The only problem would be that you'd have to store them until 2056, which is how long it will take to get planning permission.

ngxu_banner.png

No. Not loading saved flight plans. Typing in KORD, for example, in the departure or arrival airport will yield that error message.

Hi,

RWY 01 is in fact the old 02/20 since a few weeks ago (EBBR- Brussels-Belgium)

James

Not loading saved flight plans either (but I do have some saved with SID/STARS already saved). When I complete the departure airport as KORD, I immediately get KORD ERR: 04L RWY N/A. When I open up the FMC Dep/Arr page, I have no listed departure runways or any SID's. So, right now, it is impossible to use the FMC to takeoff or land at KORD (I can live without the SID/STARS. I have gone back to earlier versions of the Navigraph data and the Runways appear in the FMC but no SID's or STARS if I list it as the arrival airport. I will continue to search for a solution via Google.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Well, I'm not qualified for such observations, but I do not see any point in abandoning 2 runways and building 5 new ones. Beside that, they can use less than half runways at the same time. Why they need those parallel runways separated by less than 300m? Do you think they can operate it in the same time?

Rwy 14R/32L is being demolished to provide land for a new "western" passenger terminal, as well as a new entrance on that side of the airport. One of their points of emphasis seems to have been removing crossing runways and the very unpopular LAHSO operations. See this for more details.

Regarding the runway usage, KORD currently has 4 active east-west parallels (soon to be 5), as well as 2 other pairs of parallel runways. And yet, with 8 active runways, there have still been 1-2 hour delays the last few days. Bad weather causes flights to be delayed, leaving the airport in "catch-up mode" for hours afterward when all those runways are put to use.

I had to reload the PMDG 777 200LR and 300ER and FS Build (for FSX) to a higher end new computer. Of course FSX was also reloaded with all updates. I loaded the PMDG 777 200LR and 300ER by using the original PMDG email link (from purchase) and placing in the registration numbers from the original downloads and following the exact same loading process as done on the old computer. The PMDG Operations Center says that I have the latest uploads for both programs, which I am interpreting also means I have SP1C updates properly installed on both. I downloaded from Navigraph AIRAC 1501 (latest) for both PMDG and FS Build. I created a flight plan to be used with the PMDG 777 300ER from KJFK to CYVR. After loading in the FS Build generated flight plan/build (KJFKCYVR.rte) into the FMC via CO Route, and then attempting to load in the Departure and Arrival Airports, the KJFK departure airport runways, etc. were fine and loaded. When attempting to load the CYVR arrival airport there was no data present and had the FMC error code of ERR: 13 Rwy N/A. I had selected CYVR Rwy 08L in FSB originally. Nothing I did would resolve this, so uninstalled FSB AIRAC 1501 and went back to AIRAC 1412 which was working flawlessly on my old computer. Received the same error message in the FMC with AIRAC 1412. BTW, as part of this new computer loading I reloaded the FS Dream Team Airports (both KJFK and CYVR were two of them) using the original links and registration numbers.

I see the above original post on this apparently wasn't resolved. What is the recommended fix as I did not have this issue on my old computer and I am quite confident the new computer is not the issue. I don't know where the issue resides, PMDG, FS Build, FS Dream Team airports...? 

Forgot to mention in the previous post. I loaded this same flight plan in the PMDG 737NG and all worked fine in the FMC, so I am only having this FMC dep/arr airport issue with the PMDG 777 200LR and 777 300ER.

Using the CO Route LOAD feature should populate both ORIG and DEST fields, but you type that you have to load CYVR; this is confusing.  Select the runway from the ARR/DEP pages, not the ROUTE page (I think this is mentioned in either the Intro or Tutorial).  If you select a valid runway from the list of runways and get the ERR then that would be very odd and worth a trouble ticket at PMDG if you can list the steps taken to get to the error.  Normally, if you select a runway from the available runways on the DEPARTURE page all should work well, even if runway numbers change you are at least selecting a runway available in NAVDATA.  Do not load a flightplan with SIDs or STARs included. Always add those manually with the FMS.

Dan Downs KCRP

downscc

I always load PMDG flight plans in FS Build without SID's and STAR's. The CO Route does populate both the Departure (KJFK) and Arrival (CYVR)airports on the ROUTE page. I always select the departure and arrival airports in the FMC via the FMC Dep/Arr mode when using FMC CO Route for the flight plan in order to select the specific runway, SIDs, STARS, TRANSITIONS, etc. When using the FMC CO Route mode for this particular flight plan KJFK to CYVR (utilizing the FS Build generated KJFKCYVR.rte output), when I select the associated KJFK departure  in the FMC (FMC Dep/Arr mode) it populates just fine and I can select the airport, SID, STAR, etc. (they are all there), but when I select the CYVR arrival airport in the FMC (FMC Dep/Arr mode) it displays no airports, no SIDS, no STARS...nothing, and gives the error message indicated above. The bottom line is that as a result I cannot fly an autopilot controlled arrival into CYVR. Again, IMO this cannot be a general PMDG aircraft issue as the PMDG 737NG aircraft utilizing the same FS Build generated flight plan loads just fine in the FMC, and all airport information via the FMC Dep/Arr selections display/load just fine. It must be an issue with the PMDG 777 200LR and 777 300ER only.

I have followed every PMDG recommendation (including the recommended additions in the configuration file) when loading the programs (including running as Administrator, etc.), and I had the exact same programs on my existing computer which worked flawlessly (with the SP1C updates for both that is). Again the PMDG Operations Center says I have the latest updates loaded for both the PMDG 777 200LR and 300ER. If the PMDG 737 NG had the same issue, I would think that there may be a registry problem in my new computer. But this ONLY happens with the PMDG 777 200LR and 300ER.

There must be a fix without having to try the uninstall/reinstall PMDG 777 programs, which forces one to then have to reload many saved PMDG flights again and again.

Full names on posts here please, see forum rules.

I assure you there is not a problem with the PMDG 77X ability to load CYVR Vancouver; I just tried it on my RTE 2 while enroute YSSY-KSFO.  I also checked the navdata and sidstar files from Navigraph cycle 1501 and they look normal as well.  Try manually entering a route KJFK CYVR, if that works then the problem is probably with your .rte file.  If you are unable to do that then the problem may be in one of the navdata or sidstar file on your computer.

Dan Downs KCRP

Try deleting the ARPT_RWY.dat file in FSX/PMDG/Navdata .  It will rebuild automatically.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Just did a test at KORD.

Loaded up the 737 and without any loaded route or anything, i enterd KORD as dep airport at the RTE page.
After that i clicked the DEP/ARR button and Voila:

d09ff75aab04cb66ccfb283397574818.png

Closed down the sim and restarted the same scene in the T7 with this as a result:

8d53c2b20967ed76e920a5050fda2ba2.png

Deleting the ARPT_RWY.dat file worked:

3f8a2ee6ba4592b6ab759f253c5ec8d5.png

Is this a one time only thing or do we need to delete it before every flight from now on?