Sign in to follow this  
buzzbee

2014 Practice Thread #1

Hi TJ,

Those speeds seem really, really high for anything I could find called a Socata TB20. Am I not finding the correct aircraft, or is it some really weird flight model?

Hmmmmm???  I took a look at the Duenna text file on the tracking site and there are a number of things that don't seem right.

Enroute:

Aircraft:               [P1] tb20gt_CS-DEO

ATC Type/Model:         SOCATA / TRIN

Aircraft-Reference:     Vne=550KIAS, Vcruise=350KTAS, Mmo=M0.000, Empty weight=1764.0 lbs

From Airliners.net I get: TB-20 - Max speed 310km/h (167kt), max

Also in the Duenna Text, FSX is not configured with the required realism settings:

Info: Looks like FSX

Info: Configuration-File: C:\Users\Roweena\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\FSX.CFG

Info: REALISM/CrashTolerance: '0.000000' (NOT GOOD)

Info: Previous Flight.FLT/Weather/WeatherType: '0' (NOT GOOD)

Info: REALISM/CrashTolerance: '1.000000'

Info: REALISM/CrashTolerance: '1.000000' (OK)

Info: REALISM/CrashDetection: 'True' (OK)

Info: REALISM/StressDamage: 'True' (OK)

Info: REALISM/UnlimitedFuel: 'False' (OK)

Info: Previous Flight.FLT/Weather/WeatherType: '3' (OK)

Info: Weather/DownloadWindsAloft: '0' (NOT GOOD)

TJ,  It looks like you might need some help getting your FSX settings properly setup for the race.  Based on the speeds I also think that your TB20 would be ruled ineligible for the race.

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png

I am Flight Testing my new rig YTIB - YFLI in A2A P51H.

Duenna is running with online tracking, but I have the old issue with Weather not showing correct.
I have tried saving in default flight and start Again.
Not sure what to do.

Jock

New rig: I7, 8GB 2133 DDR3 RAM, GTX770, 2x 250GB SSD

Jock Hartvig Andersen,

EKCH, EKAT

Hmmmmm???  I took a look at the Duenna text file on the tracking site and there are a number of things that don't seem right.

Enroute:

Aircraft:               [P1] tb20gt_CS-DEO

ATC Type/Model:         SOCATA / TRIN

Aircraft-Reference:     Vne=550KIAS, Vcruise=350KTAS, Mmo=M0.000, Empty weight=1764.0 lbs

From Airliners.net I get: TB-20 - Max speed 310km/h (167kt), max

Also in the Duenna Text, FSX is not configured with the required realism settings:

Info: Looks like FSX

Info: Configuration-File: C:\Users\Roweena\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\FSX.CFG

Info: REALISM/CrashTolerance: '0.000000' (NOT GOOD)

Info: Previous Flight.FLT/Weather/WeatherType: '0' (NOT GOOD)

Info: REALISM/CrashTolerance: '1.000000'

Info: REALISM/CrashTolerance: '1.000000' (OK)

Info: REALISM/CrashDetection: 'True' (OK)

Info: REALISM/StressDamage: 'True' (OK)

Info: REALISM/UnlimitedFuel: 'False' (OK)

Info: Previous Flight.FLT/Weather/WeatherType: '3' (OK)

Info: Weather/DownloadWindsAloft: '0' (NOT GOOD)

TJ,  It looks like you might need some help getting your FSX settings properly setup for the race.  Based on the speeds I also think that your TB20 would be ruled ineligible for the race.

my fsx has been glitching lately, mixing up cfgs so i assume thats whats happened, i had a skyhawk going at 320kts, a 737 going at 100 kts, a yak 52 having 8900nm of range and a 747 having 200nm of range, so i assume the speeds were mixed up with a different plane, and the duenna had been playing up as well with the realism settings, the box was flashing green and red, i'll try and re-install the duenna, and sort out the cfgs, it seems to happen every time i extract somthing into the main fsx folder, so i'll stop doing that and try on a random route, and hopefully it will work.

EDIT those speeds were from a fighter i downloaded a while back, and the stats are switched back so everything seems to be in order

Edit2: the actual speeds bit of the .cfg of the aircraft:

performance=Max speed  188 kts.\nCruise speed  148 kts\nRange  580 nm (1075 km)\nSeating   4-5\nWing span      32 ft (9.76 m)\nLength           25 ft (7.63 m)\nEngine  Lycoming I0540, 135 kw (250 hp)

TJ_zpscc357935.png

Engine sort of cut out when the fuselage tank ran dry, then overrevved when I switched the tanks, and is not really sounding the nicest it's ever done at the moment... But, it seems to continue to run, which is good considering the distance from the airport I'm passing at the moment to the next airport that's even remotely in the same direction as I'm heading  :lol:

my fsx has been glitching lately, mixing up cfgs so i assume thats whats happened, i had a skyhawk going at 320kts, a 737 going at 100 kts, a yak 52 having 8900nm of range and a 747 having 200nm of range, so i assume the speeds were mixed up with a different plane, and the duenna had been playing up as well with the realism settings, the box was flashing green and red, i'll try and re-install the duenna, and sort out the cfgs, it seems to happen every time i extract somthing into the main fsx folder, so i'll stop doing that and try on a random route, and hopefully it will work.

EDIT those speeds were from a fighter i downloaded a while back, and the stats are switched back so everything seems to be in order

Edit2: the actual speeds bit of the .cfg of the aircraft:

performance=Max speed 188 kts.\nCruise speed 148 kts\nRange 580 nm (1075 km)\nSeating 4-5\nWing span 32 ft (9.76 m)\nLength 25 ft (7.63 m)\nEngine Lycoming I0540, 135 kw (250 hp)

TJ,

For the race you must NOT switch or modify aircraft.cfg files from their default state.  There are only three approved exceptions:

1. Changing the Textures (Paint)
  2. Changing the Sound File
  3. Modifying the Gauges/Panel/Avionics (ie. GPS Autopilot, .....)

If you modify an aircraft.cfg and it changes the performance of the aircraft it is very likely that the aircraft will be ruled ineligable.  If such a modified aircraft is used by the baton carrier during the race, the leg will be invalidated and will at a minimum have to be flown again.  That could cause the team to loose the race.  Please be very careful about this.  It is important.

Keep on practicing and flying those legs with the duenna.  Team members will check out your legs and give you feedback.  It's the way we all learned to fly in the race and why we practice. It's the best way to get ready for the race. :smile:

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png

i've fixed that problem now it was a settings problem with my pc, i had messed up extracting settings

TJ_zpscc357935.png

Whew! Made it w/ a valley full of clouds. Baton is free @ NZQN.

http://fs-duenna.com/flights/ShowFlight.php?detail=flight&value=4hj7nZR24S2js9lIiD86yTuHFys

EDIT - Well there goes a semi-relaxing flight followed by slumber. It's now 30 minutes after the flight and the heart is still POUNDING and the hands are still clammy. It'll be a tough one getting to sleep. :-) 

Approaching the golf course to enter Frankten Arm, @ 3500 ft, 2400 over landing elev. This is all that was visible. Shortly after got just one little glimpse of the field and vectored towards it. During descent the field finally came into view. 

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

Nice one, Roman.  That's a bird I've never mastered...yet!

Craig Taylor

Craig.png?dl=1

Very impressive, Getting the Concorde down through the clouds and into Queenstown.  Well Done!

26aLetj.png