Sign in to follow this  
KenG

Approach Mode

In spite of the glitches, I sure do love this aircraft. Hopefully all will shake out in the end.

cbreeze

I am sure with a good service pack this airplane will shake out much better. Despite the small errors there are so many features that do react well and the FDE is absolutely fantastic. I like how they implemented ground fine and it seems like they got the ground pitch solenoid in as well, not that I watch the propellers on touchdown. :lol:   

"Picked up the ILS localizer, but did not have any glideslope."

What does this mean?

Did you do a screenshot?

Did you have the problem more than one time?

FSX or P3D ?

Stock scenery?

Default Carenado Garmin ?

The object would be possibly for others to duplicate the problem ... at a specific airport / approach.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

That sounds different then what I have experienced.

The NAV 1 is tuned to the correct frequency and the localizer and glideslope both are displayed correctly on the EADI. I am in heading to approach mode on the Flight Director (APP ARMED). It will then either ignore the localizer and remain in heading mode or it will capture the lateral course but ignore the glideslope. It is the same regardless if the autopilot is coupled to the Flight Director or not.

If you are not getting a glideslope I'd double check the approach to make sure it was indeed suppose to be an ILS as opposed to a LOC procedure. Even if it is that way currently, you also need to double check that is what is in the airport AFCAD file. Back when MS built the sim in 2006 the airport may have only had a LOC procedure.

In my case the raw data is correct however the AP65 is not doing what it is suppose to do. I'll try to capture a screenshot the next time, however usually a screenshot is the furthest thing from my mind as I am pickling the autopilot and transferring to flying raw data. This would be the same thing I would do in the actual airplane then I would writeup the squawk in the aircraft's log.

If you are not getting a glideslope I'd double check the approach to make sure it was indeed suppose to be an ILS as opposed to a LOC procedure.

Bingo! bonehead move on my behalf. I did take a screenshot and sure enough it was runway 22 @ kmsp  -sure enough its a LOC approach. 

Sorry about that guys!

i9 10850K, RTX3080, MSFS.

My avsim uploads      Myflightsim.to uploads

Bingo! bonehead move on my behalf. I did take a screenshot and sure enough it was runway 22 @ kmsp  -sure enough its a LOC approach. 

Sorry about that guys!

Done it myself, the UNS-1 (the real one) will create a Psudo Glide-Slope (PGS) for an overlay Localizer approach. I've had the "where is the glideslope" moment, when the other pilot has setup the avionics for me, to realize that FMS was not selected as the primary NAV source.

Chalk up another user who can neither track a LOC nor capture glide slope. Lovely aircraft to hand fly but an absolute pig for bugs, one of the worst I've purchased yet in fact. 

Chalk up another user who can neither track a LOC nor capture glide slope. Lovely aircraft to hand fly but an absolute pig for bugs, one of the worst I've purchased yet in fact. 

I am sure you will figure out what you are doing wrong.

Best Regards,

Not many pilots in this thread with ILS problem.

You are not asking for help .. correct?

Best Regards,

I was having a problem with the ILS altitude loc when I first downloaded the B1900.  After flying a couple ILS approaches I finally figures out how to use this AP with a Reality XP GNS 530.  I do not use the FMs at all for flight planning.  i finally got this system to work until the new SP came out.  I donwloaded the SP and installed it.  After that I am not again having trouble licking up to the glide slope and the ILS.  Tryed a particular ILS I have flown before and the LOC seemed to lock up but the glide slope would not link up.

Has anybody had problems after the SP has been installed?

"Tryed a particular ILS I have flown before and the LOC seemed to lock up but the glide slope would not link up."

Give details and maybe someone could test it.

Best Regards,

GPS CDI set VLOC?

Yep.

Nav 1 frequency set

Nav 2 freguency set

ALT hold

HDG hold at intercept heading

NAV arm

FMS off

VOR 1 CRS selected and set

Breezes straight through the localiser. I can see the DME counting down and the CDI deviation start tracking as the localiser is received, ditto the vertical deviation. Thus, the system is configured correctly. In fact, the plane DOES capture VORs en route without any problems.If I manually intervene and hold the localiser I still cannot get the A/P to capture the glide slope from below. I suppose it's just as well that this bird is a piece of cake to hand fly. Wouldn't want to do it near the minimums though...

Tried this at EGPH RW24, EGCC RW5L and EGNH RW28

Yep.

Nav 1 frequency set

Nav 2 freguency set

ALT hold

HDG hold at intercept heading

NAV arm

FMS off

VOR 1 CRS selected and set

Breezes straight through the localiser. I can see the DME counting down and the CDI deviation start tracking as the localiser is received, ditto the vertical deviation. Thus, the system is configured correctly. In fact, the plane DOES capture VORs en route without any problems.If I manually intervene and hold the localiser I still cannot get the A/P to capture the glide slope from below. I suppose it's just as well that this bird is a piece of cake to hand fly. Wouldn't want to do it near the minimums though...

Tried this at EGPH RW24, EGCC RW5L and EGNH RW28

Looks like only button left to activate would be the APPR (arm) button while you are on the LOC intercept Hdg.

post-140279-0-59865100-1391799395.jpg

Best Regards,