Sign in to follow this  
KenG

Approach Mode

I thought I would I would try again and do some more insturment approaches.  I tried to come into Bozeman Montana and I could pick up the LOC but would not pick up the glide slope. I went around and landed.  Then flew to Dikinson, ND pickeup both glide slop and LOC b ut desended me to fast.  Had to shut off AP and pull up.  After gaining some alt were I could see good lights on VASI i turned on AP and it picked up glide slope and tock me into the end of the runway.

I am going to try a couple with just LOC freq ;oaded in manually and not load up approach in the reality XP GNS 530.  See where that gets me.

Other that the Approach mode I am getting to like this airplane a lot.  Got about 25 hours in it so far.

I thought I would I would try again and do some more insturment approaches.  I tried to come into Bozeman Montana and I could pick up the LOC but would not pick up the glide slope. I went around and landed.  Then flew to Dikinson, ND pickeup both glide slop and LOC b ut desended me to fast.  Had to shut off AP and pull up.  After gaining some alt were I could see good lights on VASI i turned on AP and it picked up glide slope and tock me into the end of the runway.

I am going to try a couple with just LOC freq ;oaded in manually and not load up approach in the reality XP GNS 530.  See where that gets me.

Other that the Approach mode I am getting to like this airplane a lot.  Got about 25 hours in it so far.

Have you done these same approaches in something like the Cessna to verify LOC, G/S and published procedures you are using are working OK?

In other words, to verify these are Carenado B1900D problems.

Were you using FSX or P3D?

KBZN ..  IMO, high altitude, mountains, tougher approaches, not the ideal airport to practice.

BTW, which APPR were you trying with RealityXP?

Could not pick up the G/S?

What happened?

Did you do a screenshot of your panel?

KDIK, which APPR did you try that descended you too fast and the A/P took you to the end of the runway?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Vonmar:

It is picking up the localizer but not glide slope. I finally did a ticket with Carenado. There indication is I must have had some add-on scenery that was causing trouble. I have not scenery at all other than stock from FSX.  All this is FSX because I P3D. I have flown DIK with the C90 and B200 and had no trouble.

I did what they indicated and took the C208 caravan around to the places I have been having trouble and It picked up both Localizer and glide slope in all places except for KMSO.  That is a bad one anyway that no matter what I have trouble picking up signal until you are almost on the r/w. I hope they will look at it and maybe put out a SP. I even uninstall the B1900 reinstalled it and now I am going to try again to see hat it does. I will try a screen shot then.

I have no problems with the Localizer and glide slope at KMSO.

Did you get screenshots (or video) of your panel during approach?

Best Regards,

I have no problems with the Localizer and glide slope at KMSO.

Same here - see post above..

Bert

Hello again.  Maybe this time I have this figured out.  I have an open ticket at Carenado I may have some solutions.  Only at one airport so far but will not try to do more. I deleted and rebuilt my FSX config file.  Not sure that had anything to do with it though. All setting for FSX are the ones recommended in package.  The only one I did not use was DX10. I have no tweaks to my config file other than adding the highmem fo graphics. I set all switches in EFIS to the on position.

First screen shot is the inflight pub for procedures. The second screen shot is cockpit with no ACCU-FEEL turned on.  Set both NAV radios to Localizer freq. I brought up the approach on the GNS530 and flew it using GPS and NAV on the AP. Just after I flew the teardrop holding pattern I switched over to LOC and watched the heading indicator pickup the Localizer at UCBUN. At that point I selected Approach on the AP.  The aircraft followed the localizer into UBOCO at 6000 where the glide sloped coupled and aircraft started to follow the glide slope to the end of the R/W. I disengaged the AP and landed.

Second screen shot was taken after I switched on ACCU-FEEL.  I followed everything exactly as the first flight and the results were the same.

Take a look and see if I didn't have anything setup right please.

ILS RWY 3 KGTF.pdf

post-288324-0-70158700-1392323393.jpg

post-288324-0-62880500-1392323417.jpg

Are you pointing out all is working ok or not?

Best Regards,

Looks OK to me, but the screenshot shows no anti-aliasing...

Do you fly without AA?  ..or is it just the picture?

Compare other screenshots further up as a comparison..

Bert

Yep, looked ok to me too .. that's why I asked.

Possibly he was showing something not mentioned.

Best Regards,

I made another ILS in KMSP and all went well.  Just an addition that might help others who may have trouble wwith this issue.  I did get a response from Carenado indicating there maybe a corruption in some add-on that was placed in FSX. I look through my system and found nothing that I had added.  I did read in other parts of the forum of how to rebuild the FSX CFG file. 

I did delete my CFG file and started FSX to allow the program to rebuild this file.  After doing that everything seems to be working better.  Carenado did make a statement there would be another SP coming out.

Rebuilding the fsx.cfg has nothing to do with your original problems with ILS/glideslope.

A future Carenado SP is not needed for ILS/Glideslope .. because you finally did the procedure correctly.

Glad to hear you have no problems now.

Best Regards,