Sign in to follow this  
HughesMDflyer4

Looking for GA Airports

Hi all,

I'm looking for any good (payware is fine) general aviation/smaller airports for FSX that are not by Orbx or do not rely on other add-ons. Any suggestions?

Brandon Filer

OZx: Has small airfields in all states of Australia. Works best with FTX AU, but having it is not necessary. Also has airports in North America.

Norway GA fields: Very good addon, works best with Norway freeware packages as described here, although not necessary.

PNG Bush Flying: I don't have it myself (not really my cup of tea), but I've heard lots of good things about it

North American Airstrips v1: Payware scenery from a dev who now works for ORBX

Sim720: Some great stuff there

That should keep you busy for a while.

There's non class B's in SoCal like KONT by Shez and he's doing a KSNA v2. Those are really nice.

Unfortunately there's not many payware out used of Orbx. I've always wished for a payware Van Nuys . But yeah the Aerosoft KAVX (Catalina is) is good and free.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

George Keogh has some very nice high quality freeware airfields/small airports available for Ireland which are compatible with default, Orbx or VFR Gen X scenery for the country. These are of payware standard and very atmospheric, but it depends on where you want to fly! He recently has also produced a number of nice Hawaiian airfields.

Bill

There two or three in the library here that are located up the road from you. Flabob (Riverside) and Redlands by Kobbe Farwick. Flabob was just down the road from me, before I escaped the state... B)

The airport guys have a few in North America:

http://www.theairportguys.com/products.html

I actually did flight training with one of them.

I have triangle north and I do fly out of there. It resembles it pretty good.

-Ray

Ingalls Falls is another nice one here in North America...Hot Springs, VA. Cannot recall who the vendor is but I like flying in and out of it.

-Ray

Look up Ed Cox Saratgoa and Glen Falls airports here in the library. Payware quality and free.

(he is not the same Ex Cox as our legendary Capt Picasso)

Not that it makes this other Ed's work any less stunning.

Plum Island, done by Bill Womack pre-Orbx days.

The PacSim PNG pack. ~40 airfields for ~$40. (Oops... Missed that it was mentioned above). I think they were the ones who did Ingalls mentioned above and also have an Appalatian (sorry, can't spell it...) VFR package as well, although I don't have it.

Mike

Oryxsim has a handful of decent small Canadian strips; Kelowna, Castlegar, Chilliwack and Okotoks. Although they are compatible with Orbx, I don't believe it's a requirement.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.