Sign in to follow this  
Pascal_LSGC

X-Plane 10: Experimenting with art controls (Raleigh scattering)

hello friends!

can you try this value:

clouds/limit_far=0.500000 (instead of 1.00000) -> should reduce cloud flicker (and the visibility (horizontal) of the clouds is also slightly reduced) !

try it out and report !

greetings !

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D , watercooled, GeForce RTX 4090, RAM 64GB Kingston Fury 6000Mhz , Fractal Design 7 XL, MSI X670 Carbon, all SSD

Hello,

Could someone please post detailed instructions on how to use Fly with Lua and how to get these new settings to appear each time you start X-plane ?
I tried understanding the Fly with Lua manual but simply didn't get it...

Hello,

Could someone please post detailed instructions on how to use Fly with Lua and how to get these new settings to appear each time you start X-plane ?

I tried understanding the Fly with Lua manual but simply didn't get it...

just create a .lua file in the flywithlua Scripts folder . and put those tweaks in that file and it should pick it up. Even I don't understand the manual.

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

Cheers. Regarding the clouds package - I can see you can rename his clouds to work in XP10 but do you know which files of his correspond to which XP10 cloud filenames? (e.g. his 'puff_cloud_cumulus2' is equivalent to which file in XP10's cloud folder)

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

Cheers. Regarding the clouds package - I can see you can rename his clouds to work in XP10 but do you know which files of his correspond to which XP10 cloud filenames? (e.g. his 'puff_cloud_cumulus2' is equivalent to which file in XP10's cloud folder)

In X-Plane 10, "cloud_puff0.png" to "cloud_puff5.png" correspond to increasing cloud distance. In other word, closest cloud puffs are rendered from "cloud_puff0", while fartest cloud puffs are rendered from "cloud_puff5".

Keep in mind that "cloud_puff0" is used only if cloud density is >129%, and "cloud_puff1" only if cloud density is >109%.

So, summing it up, you can basically rename his 3 files the way you like it, from "cloud_puff2" to "cloud_puff5" (you need to repeat one of them). The order should be irrelevant.

"They're pissing on our heads and they tell us they're pissing on our heads, but we say it's raining because we don't want to be labeled 'conspiracy theorists' ".

Many thanks Murmur.

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

I am using Cluds HD V2.  Not sure which ones you are trying to use.

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

just create a .lua file in the flywithlua Scripts folder . and put those tweaks in that file and it should pick it up. Even I don't understand the manual.

Thanks ! 

Now we need an updated SMP to get cloud shadows for 3D clouds.

Yep - that would be cool.

Can this be achieved?

Heard about a "yes" saying.

That would be awesome!

... the entire thread here is already superb - but now getting again most positively super excited! :smile:

I'm using Tomcat's first set of values.... can others share their scripts?  This stuff is over my head and reading the lua manual just makes my head hurt even more hehe.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |