Sign in to follow this  
Pascal_LSGC

X-Plane 10: Experimenting with art controls (Raleigh scattering)

Sure. They created them, they are running perfectly, its looking awesome, but they didnt activate them. Its a freaking joke for me. Even P3d 2.0 with Dx11 doesnt look that good.

• Upvote 1

Am I glad I went with XPX :) . just superb. 

• Upvote 1

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

Hiya,

But I don't have HDR ON as my CCC 14.1 has broken HDR.  Will it still give the altitude stuff ?

scattering effects are only with HDR on !

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D , watercooled, GeForce RTX 4090, RAM 64GB Kingston Fury 6000Mhz , Fractal Design 7 XL, MSI X670 Carbon, all SSD

scattering effects are only with HDR on !

:(.  got to wait for the new drivers and check hope they get the HDR sorted out. 

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

I found the culprit: libudev.so.0 is originally a symlink to libudev.so.0.13.0, but is extracted as a very small normal file (17 octets).

Just erase it, and create a new link to 0.13.0 with the same name.

That was already a good hint (of course, zip doesn't preserve symlinks) ... but the problem is, FlyWithLua still doesn't laods for me. It does not even appear in the Log.txt (whereas the other plugins like DataRefEditor are mentioned at the beginning of Log.txt)

... I admit, I have not dealt with many plugins until now, so maybe I am doing something wrong (other than trying to do everything written in the short installation instructions FlyWithLua)?? Which version of FlyWithLua is working for you ??? Currently I try to run "FlyWithLua_v2.2.4_Win_Lin" from the ORG.

What is quite strange: for some reason, XP10 doesn't seems to look into my FlyWithLua sub folder at all (where the plugin resides in it "64" sub folder ... and all the other stuff) ...

UPDATE: hmm, I suspect, it has to do with this: "dlerror:ibhidapi-hidraw.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory" (whereas the ibhidapi-hidraw.so.0 is present, readable etc.)

UPDATE2: strange ... I have now instead isntalled 2.1.29 version (and fixed the symlink), and now it works. Strange.

UPDATE3: ok, it seems that the 2.4 version is somehow "strangely" linked against ibhidapi-hidraw.so.0. Aaah, I see now. Checked with "readelf -d lin.xpl" both versions, and 2.1 has an RPATH to the local plug-in folder "64", whereas the 2.4 version does not show that.

That was already a good hint (of course, zip doesn't preserve symlinks) ... but the problem is, FlyWithLua still doesn't laods for me. It does not even appear in the Log.txt (whereas the other plugins like DataRefEditor are mentioned at the beginning of Log.txt)

... I admit, I have not dealt with many plugins until now, so maybe I am doing something wrong (other than trying to do everything written in the short installation instructions FlyWithLua)?? Which version of FlyWithLua is working for you ??? Currently I try to run "FlyWithLua_v2.2.4_Win_Lin" from the ORG.

What is quite strange: for some reason, XP10 doesn't seems to look into my FlyWithLua sub folder at all (where the plugin resides in it "64" sub folder ... and all the other stuff) ...

You should set all the libs inside different folders as executable. A problem with zip format as well I suppose.

I didn't try the last one, I think I have the 2.1.29 or 2.1.27.

You should set all the libs inside different folders as executable. A problem with zip format as well I suppose.

I didn't try the last one, I think I have the 2.1.29 or 2.1.27.

Did all that already before ...but that didn't do the trick. Instead it works with 2.1 now (obviously because it was linked differently).

Got it working with FlyWithLua... unbelievable potential. Just trying and trying.... sometimes things look crazy, but some effects look stunning. Will keep you updated.

Guest Mik75

I can't get enough of the new atmospheric effect ... Some new shots from the Mont Blanc region:

https://picasaweb.google.com/101666907909842492197/XPlane10AtmosphericExperimentsWithHDMeshSceneryV2?authuser=0&feat=directlink

c4_11.jpg

c4_18.jpg

c4_6.jpg

c4_20.jpg

Excellent shots!

Same for me, I can't stop flying X-Plane, it looks so realistic and immersive with these tweaks! And the best part is, it's completely for free! ;-)

Can you share your settings Andras?

Nothing "special" ... the same ones you will find here in this thread in many posts (only the cloud shadows are a bit "harder" sometimes with 0.9 or even 1.0).

Like these:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/433908-experimenting-with-art-controls-raleigh-scattering/?p=2928072

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/433908-experimenting-with-art-controls-raleigh-scattering/?p=2927562

you all also can try some values, in the "lights", "shadow", "terrain","water","forest" section etc. and post your findings, there are so many variables and datarefs, so we can together find out the favourite; essential; "decorating"; performance adjusted, etc. settings and put them in a large file and make collection  to have a better overview!

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D , watercooled, GeForce RTX 4090, RAM 64GB Kingston Fury 6000Mhz , Fractal Design 7 XL, MSI X670 Carbon, all SSD