Sign in to follow this  
WebMaximus

VC shadows in the NGX

Couldn't help myself trying this DXToolbox just to see what would happen but maybe I didn't do it right because I didn't get any shadows at all not even bad/unrealistic ones.

Oh well...will continue keeping my fingers crossed we will get v/c shadows in the NGX one day!

Richard Åsberg

Any word on this yet?

I'm on the Fence with this DX10 Fixer and getting it working in the NGX and T7 would be a huge seller for me.

Chris Camp

No sorry, IIRC (from some other thread where this was also discussed) reason this doesn't work is because of how the virtual cockpit in the NGX is designed by PMDG and chances PMDG will do the changes needed to make the DX10 shadows work in the NGX are very slim I'm afraid but who knows...lets keep our fingers crossed!

Richard Åsberg

pm sent, Richard!

pj

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

I have tried this on both the NGX and T7, with limited but ugly success, use the DX10 Tool box and navigate too the NGX panel cfg and run it.(Make sure its the base model) some shadows do show up but its apparent both aircraft are not capable of showing properly, i noticed things like gauge shadows from the overhead casting on the bulkhead, when u look at your outside VC screen shot you posted you can clearly see the overhead panel and gauges are transparent. also please note you will need to reinstall your aircraft afterwards, i had no way of reversing what i had done.

Rick

Edited by rick66

tpewpb-6.png

Axe works great with dx10 only some lightning issues which I mentioned in another topic but hope that Steve can help as usual :)

Anyway I'd recommend it but it is 100% different than Boeing and nothing is the same. I am in the middle of a very steep learning curve.

As for shadows the enhanced ones look amazing. But I don't think PMDG will do anything about it right now. Although I heard they are preparing for p3dv2 so maybe there is a chance to remodel it

Hi, Mephic.

Did you manage to have VC shadows with the AXE?

Can you help me to have such?

Thank you in advance

Regards

Follow the instruction's that come with the tool.Works well with the AXE & PMDG 777

Rob Prest

Rob,

this is quite interesting e. g. that DX ToolBar make VC shadows work in the AXE. But could you please tell us from where to download the software and instructions you mentioned? I downloaded the software but I do not know how to handle it...... sorry.

Regards,

Hanse 

Rob,

this is quite interesting e. g. that DX ToolBar make VC shadows work in the AXE. But could you please tell us from where to download the software and instructions you mentioned? I downloaded the software but I do not know how to handle it...... sorry.

Regards,

Hanse 

Hi Hanse,

If you purchased the DX10 Fixer Version 2 you will also have the manual.  An entire section is dedicated to enabling VC shadows.  

I could type out the steps to follow..  It will be much better to read direct instruction from the creator of the tool.

I still don't understand why so many don't want to read the instructions?

Regards

Rob Prest

Hi Hanse,

If you purchased the DX10 Fixer Version 2 you will also have the manual.  An entire section is dedicated to enabling VC shadows.  

I could type out the steps to follow..  It will be much better to read direct instruction from the creator of the tool.

I still don't understand why so many don't want to read the instructions?

Regards

Rob,

I am really sorry because I mixed up something. Because in this thread "DX ToolBox" was mentioned I googled it and found a software with this name...... But then I carefully read all comments on this thread again and recognized that I made big mistake. In the meantime I used Steves DX10ToolBox to enable the VC shadows in the AXE and the VC looks great. The only thing what disturbs me alittle bit is that it interfers with the aircraft lights e.g. having the lights on the "sunny" areas are "blinking".....

Regards,

Hanse 

I managed to do it on my own. And yes, is a matter of reading the manual and... find the toolbox

Thank you very much for your responses. Flying my AXE now with the brand shadows...

Regards

Hi friends,

I also used DX10 Toolbox on PMDG_737_800WL_VC.MDL file only (didn't touch "LOW" file version) and my DX10Fixer settings are:

Improved Shadows - ticked

Reduced falloff with angle - unticked

Toned Shadows - ticked

Reduce Fade - ticked

HD Jet Shadows - ticked

Enable shadow boost - 50

Force VC Walls - ticked

Surface bias small - 0,04

Surface bias large - default

Contrast - 3rd line from left

...but don't have VC shadows :( (in 777 it works fine)

What should I do?

Lucas

I think you can't get vc shadows in ngx due to model limitation, in 777 do shadows works fine?

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270

Hi friends,

I also used DX10 Toolbox on PMDG_737_800WL_VC.MDL file only (didn't touch "LOW" file version) and my DX10Fixer settings are:

Improved Shadows - ticked

Reduced falloff with angle - unticked

Toned Shadows - ticked

Reduce Fade - ticked

HD Jet Shadows - ticked

Enable shadow boost - 50

Force VC Walls - ticked

Surface bias small - 0,04

Surface bias large - default

Contrast - 3rd line from left

...but don't have VC shadows :( (in 777 it works fine)

What should I do?

Lucas

Have u enabled aircraft self shadow in FSX (setting>display>Aircraft)