Sign in to follow this  
spilok

New FSX computer system being built NOW!

After using a Jetline Systems computer for the last several years, I decided to get a new one built (need more space for Addons, and just looking for that Holy Grail).  I've been so pleased with Jetline, that I wouldn't think of going anywhere else, and I'm not really talented enough to build my own.  I do not work for Jetline nor do I have any vested interests.  Just want to share, because in about 7 days, I should get this beauty:

• Microsoft Windows 7 Premium 64 bit  CM Storm Scout 2 Advanced Black Chasis with Side Window
  • Asus Z87 PRO LGA 1150 Intel Z87
  • Intel Core i7 4770K (4.4GHz Overclock) Quad Core
  • Antec 930 Dual Stage CPU Liquid Cooler
  • 16GB HyperX DDR3 SDRAM 2133MHz
  • 3GB NVidia GeForce GTX 780 Ti, PCI Express 3.0
  • 850 Watt Corsair HX Series (system Power)
  • Creative Sound Blaster Z Series
  • 1TB Samsung Solid State Drive (SSD)
  • 1 TB Seagate 7200 RPM HDD
  • High Speed Gigabit Ethernet
  • 802.11n WiFi and Bluetooth Ready
  • 20x CD/DVD Combo Drive
  • Internal 74-N-1 Media Card Reader
  • 4 Front Panel USBs
  • 6 Rear Panel USBs
  • 1 year parts and labor.....LIFETIME US TECH SUPPORT

Can't wait...Long Live FSX and ALL that comes with her in the future.

Stan

ps.  Jetline is built specifically for Flight Simulator customers.  They will also load FSX and Acceleration for me and test the system thoroughly before shipping it to me.  Can't beat that!

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "MS FSX Forum" to "MOBO, RAM, CPU's & Other Hardware". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

If your only issue is storage, hard drive replacement/add-on is pretty simple, tons of tutorials online. and it's cheaper than just getting a whole new system. Plus you could put in a 4TB

I can understand getting a whole new rig if you're gunning for a better CPU, upgrading that generally involves replacing the mainboard...if that uses a different DDR, new RAM, etc. Just more convenient to buy a new rig and avoid the headache.

On my system (a Wydan_Tech custom, before they switched to just making iPhone cases) I just added a 4TB drive and dedicated it to FSX (FSX + MSE 2.0 [All Of It] + All PMDG [with every available livery] + All FSDT) and I'm not even half full yet. I also doubled by RAM from 6GB to 12 noticing a modest performance increase (slightly faster load times, near instant PMDG texture loading when switching views, and no more loading 'blackouts' on FSDT airports) and all is well.

My CPU is air cooled 3.03GHz, so I expect the raping to begin when I install some traffic.

Storage is a part of it....but I'm also looking for better processor, better and faster graphics, and something new (like buying a new car) plus the possibility of getting even more fluid flight as I keep adding scenery, traffic, and who knows what.  Fortunately, my budget allows for this, and since FSX is my MAIN hobby....I felt (and so does my Wife) that I could afford to spend a little to increase my overall enjoyment and experience.  After a few years, I'll probably do it again.  It's not for everyone, but if you can do it, it's exciting and fun (plus Jetline is even giving me a liberal trade in allowance on my older system).

Stan

Nice build only problem I foresee is OOM's...

Unfortunately, unless someone releases a 64-bit version of FSX even the latest supercomputers are bound to hit that VAS wall with all the additional added add-ons, increased Autogen and higher radius LOD.

Chris Camp

Nice system, the only point I could make, is that your choice of CPU cooler could have been better.

If it's an all in one water cooler you want, there are much better.

Good move on using Windows 7.....That's one of the nice things about a custom-built box...No Windows 8 to screw things up.....Let us know how it all works out....Sounds yummy.....

Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Congratulations to the new rig,Stan.

Please let us know,how it works when you have installed your Addons.

Nike

Stan:

Am also ready to hit the button on a new system from Jetline as well and pretty much matches yours.  However, plan on having them put in two 500GB SSD's, one for OS and the other dedicated to FSX and addons.  Will use the two HDDs I have in my current system (total of 3TB), one of which contains all my installers for flight sim.  As for all the folks who will probably jump in and complain how I could have built the same rig only cheaper, after spending 42 years in software and hardware maintenance and building and troubleshooting more servers then you can shake a stick at, I have no desire to do that in retirement.  Let Jetline build my system, send it to me pre-loaded with the OS and FSX, tested and verified, let me plug it in and fly to my hearts content. And God bless my wife of 44 years who allows me this one vice to enjoy.  Let me know how things turn out for you as will put my order in after we return from Miami next week.

Regards

Bob Demarest

Birmingham, Al.

You sure won't be sorry with the system from Jetline. This is my 2nd one.   They are headquartered in Tampa, Florida, and they answer the phone quickly and give you intelligent, technical advice (if needed) in clear-to-understand English.  They will help you with ANYTHING associated with the computer, its systems, or FSX.  The owner, Greg, is a pilot, and an avid FSX user.  They are familiar with all the programs and addons.  Ken, the technical Guru there, is always willing to help you get through any hassle within FSX.  Best of all...its "lifetime" support.

Stan

You sure won't be sorry with the system from Jetline. This is my 2nd one.   They are headquartered in Tampa, Florida, and they answer the phone quickly and give you intelligent, technical advice (if needed) in clear-to-understand English.  They will help you with ANYTHING associated with the computer, its systems, or FSX.  The owner, Greg, is a pilot, and an avid FSX user.  They are familiar with all the programs and addons.  Ken, the technical Guru there, is always willing to help you get through any hassle within FSX.  Best of all...its "lifetime" support.

Stan

Good morning Stan (and others),

Like you, I'm currently having Jetline build me a very similar system ... anticipating delivery next week (yea!).  Greg has been a big help ... we've spoken at length about my current system and desire to be able to port over my hardware (multiple GoFlight units, TrackIR, Yoke/Pedal/Throttles, etc) into the new system. This is a big leap for me as I was one of the FS2004 die hard users who had  much time, effort, multiple software addons (and money) invested in my smoothly running system in WinXP.  I finally decided to take the next step into a smooth running FSX system!

My current plan is to backup this new computer immediately to an external hard drive after I receive it (ensuring that Greg and Ken's finely tuned Win7 64 and FSX Gold setup is saved before I add any additional software).   I then plan to do incremental backups (probably on a monthly basis).    This backup routine was something that served me well for my FS2004 / WinXP computer.  I was using an earlier version of ACRONIS True Image software to do that

I was planning to get a new version of ACRONIS but yesterday found numerous articles citing current problems with the newest version of that software.... so I decided to look for something else.   So this is my question to Stan and others:

Do you regularly backup your flight simulation computer and if so, what have you found to be the best software to do it?  (Obviously we simmers don't want anything running in the background stealing resources while we are flying)

Thanks in advance for your help on this.

Mike

Paso Robles, CA

CDR, USN ret

(and current real world C172 driver)

I also own a Jetline system, and I second all of the positive comments here about them.  Greg and Ken went out of their way to help me with my system.  I would not think of buying an FSX PC anywhere else.

Gary M.

| PPL ASEL |

System Specs: W11 Pro, Corsair 4000X Mid Tower, Z790 Aorus Master Motherboard, i9-13900KF, 64 GB DDR5 SRAM, RTX 4090, Dell AW3821DW Monitor, Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, MFG Crosswind Pedals,TrackIR

Nice build only problem I foresee is OOM's...

Unfortunately, unless someone releases a 64-bit version of FSX even the latest supercomputers are bound to hit that VAS wall with all the additional added add-ons, increased Autogen and higher radius LOD.

As long as you tweak FSX and set the right settings OOM's aren't a problem, atleast for me they aren't. I haven't had an OOM in a long time!!

It seems this time of year is the year everyone is building their computers, including me.

Hi Mike:

I haven't really found a backup solution that will create an exact image that I like.  What I've done for many years is to reserve one of my HDD as a repository for all downloaded software. This drive is strictly for downloads, all installs are then done to another HDD.  Then once every two days I backup my download drive to an external (2TB) HDD, also at the same time backing up other important files (excel, word, quicken data) to the same HDD.  Then once each quarter I bring out a spare 3TB USB drive and do the same backup, when finished the drive goes back in the box in the closet.  Also created an excel spreadsheet with all installed programs and the license key, which is also part to the backup.  And just to be extra safe I copy my outlook mail file, which has the original mail and license keys from the supplier, to my laptop.  I would be interested also in finding a backup solution that will create a exact image.  Tried a program from Norton but didn't care for it, don't know anything about Acronis, will have to search on that, but hopefully some folks will get on here and tell me about the solution they're using.

Regards

Bob Demarest

Birmingham, Al.