Sign in to follow this  
signmanbob

Milviz Kingair B350i on Pre-Order for $10 Discount

Finally made up my mind between this and the other one. Pre-purchased the FSX/P3D/V2 bundle. The P3DV2 support, proline avionics(I'm kind of bored of G1000 planes) and amazing texture work were the deciding factors for me.

Fps is, at this time, all over the place. We usually do an optimization just before release. We're not quite there yet...

For upgrading, you do it when you buy first time or you pay full price. Sorry but we're not getting into small potato pricings for those who can't make up their minds.

A very fair point on pricing.  People often underestimate how much of a PITA it is from an e-commerce stand point to manage so many different types of transactions and licenses.

Still on the fence myself between the both version or the P3D V2 version. I'm using only P3D V2 now, but might go back to FSX one day if the OOM errors don't cease.  I'm having way too much fun your 732 not to buy this one through :-)

In any event, are there any out-of-the-gate differences between the FSX and P3D V2 versions, or is it simply a matter of the P3DV2 version coming with a "warranty" of sorts that you'll maintain it's future support for P3DV2 as development of the sim continues?  

Also, any clue as to how the Steam gauges version will be sold? For example, would it be one upgrade package for all products, or a separate upgrade for the FSX or the P3DV2 versions?

The v2 products are all native V2.  (unlike most products which will "work" in v2, we actually use the tools in the v2 SDK).

As time moves on, the differences will become more and more apparent.  For the moment, it's mostly backend stuff. (Simconnect and the like)

The steam version will be offered to all existing customers at a much reduced discount and only for the sim of your choosing (i.e. you chose v2 B350i, that's what you get for the B300).  If you've not bought when it's released, tough.  The price will be one for one.

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

I pre-ordered the Milviz B350 several weeks ago. I saw a post the other day about a Beta version for the pre-order folks, but I can't be certain. In any case, I do hope Milviz has a record of the pre-order folks as I never receieved any sort of acknowledgment or anything from Milviz.

Just wanna let you guys no that fps is one of the best iv experienced with glass

Cockpits runs fantastically smooth and I guess mines an average powered laptop i know it's an alpha release but iv

Parked up my jets for this one

Yes, this is quite the alpha...  It's really something... makes me kind of laugh because this alpha would be considered finished by other manufactures.

And if your saying to yourself.. WTH is he talking about..

People who pre-ordered the plane back when pre-ordering started, got a courteous copy of the "Alpha" model to show that indeed Milviz is working on the plane. It's taken allot longer to finish then anyone expected, and the alpha will show you why pretty quickly.  I'm very patient, and I want them to have all the time they need to finish. I know some people may grumble that they "paid 60 bucks for a 350i, and all I got was this lousy t-shirt" kinda thing... but just hang in there people!

After thought; I have the Flight1 KA200. Truly a grate plane.. except... they have this funky throttle that will drive you absolutely nuts without a hardware throttle quadrant. So much so it was practically un-flyable. I have not done any research on it, so there might be a fix.. I just don't have the time really. Basically, the throttle will keep you from going into beta and revers if your not on the ground... the result if you land, you try to go revers, and it will keep popping the throttle back to flight idle... at which point you run off the runway or you burn up your brakes. It is a serious PITA.

This should help you, quote from their forum,

The problem has been solved. For Saitek users, here are two solutions to the problem that seem to work:

1.  Use the normal FSX axis controller setup (instead of FSUIPC) for the throttle axis. Program the switch below the Saitek throttle axis to enter Reverse thrust with the F2 Throttle Decr command (with repeat), but do not use F1 Throttle Cut when coming out of Reverse thrust (use nothing), because the Throttle Cut command makes the power lever in the VC jump over the beta range to Idle.

2. If using FSUIPC for axis control and calibration, the trick (provided by Pete Dowson) is to edit the low end throttle axis calibration number in the FSUIPC.ini file to a value a little below the lowest the axis can achieve, eg use  -16400 if the lowest the axis can achieve is the typical -16384.  FSUIPC treats the low end of lever travel as Idle, which was why the animated power level was jumping up to the Idle mark in the VC just before reverse was entered. With the fictitious lower limit, FSUIPC never thinks Idle is reached.
Then under the FSUIPC Buttons and Switches tab 
use the switch below the Saitek throttle axis to enter Reverse thrust with the F2 Throttle Decr command (with repeat), but do not use the F1 Throttle Cut command when coming out of Reverse thrust (use nothing), because the Throttle Cut command makes the power lever in the VC jump over the beta range to Idle.

Hopes this helps someone.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Thanks for that! I'll give it a shot.

By the way, MilViz just shot us the Alpha 2. Check your mail!

I'm on the beta team I think I have a slightly newer version but not sure haha!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Ah, well that's great! Appreciate the fix (it works!), and especially the work you and the beta team is doing for the 350i!