Sign in to follow this  
Petraeus

Version 2.1 OOM and possible memory leak.

Petraeus,

"I can watch the free VAS counter gradually decrement, eventually leading to an OOM. "

What program do you use to monitor VAS counter?

Could you do a screenshot pointing to the the VAS value?

I would like to check it on my system.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Park the Airbus at any aiport.......

etc. It still gobbles up all VAS. Its the only aircraft I have found that does it it but I wouldnt be surprised if there are others. LM has changed something in V2.1 thats causing this as I never saw it in 2.0. I left a message @ AS

THANKs

That is very informative 

I was using the Aerosoft Airbus Extended (dumb me ... is that what AXE in all these OOM talks stands for ?) 

So if I loaded up ... what? ..the Carenado B200 is OK?

al

Rendi,

"FSUIPC, Logging, offset to 24C and type S32. Display to: FS Window."

Ok, thanks for the feedback.

I have used that prior.

So, you log to the the screen and watch the counter, correct?

And there maybe another option that could be set .. can't recall just now .... like file logging etc?

Best Regards,

THANKs

That is very informative 

I was using the Aerosoft Airbus Extended (dumb me ... is that what AXE in all these OOM talks stands for ?) 

Yes, AXE is the airbus extended

So, you log to the the screen and watch the counter, correct?

And there maybe another option that could be set .. can't recall just now .... like file logging etc?

You can log  to screen display or the menu board if in windowed mode and it will display. FS window is one of those green ATC type windows. There are other setting but there to a notpad log file etc.

So if I loaded up ... what? ..the Carenado B200 is OK?

I havnt tested it but havnt seen any issues with other Cerando products, B1900, C208 etc. Just a guess but Im thinking its probably a gauge module in the AXE. It isnt the RAAS module or the new ASC module. I tried them.

Hi,

I have found some interesting facts about the OOM issue and have post my findings in the LM forum. If anyone has any other interesting findings can they add a message on my post? I think the more information we can provide LM will enable them to fix this sooner rather than it being hidden on an avsim thread?

My post is called "OOM this is new!" and its in the "Client Application Questions" on the Prepar3d site (won't let me paste a link here). Its currently on the first page!

Thanks

San.

Should post some more info about my findings so here they are.

People not reporting OOM are flying small aircraft. People flying larger aircraft are reporting OOM. I get OOM in the 757 freenium and the coolsky dc9 but did not in v2.0. I notice the memory used is around 2.2gb and then increases slowly as you fly until it hits 3.2gb about 15 minutes later and triggers an OOM. This is not just third party aircraft. Fly the default constellation out of heathrow and you will OOM within 20 minutes. You don't need to fly 500mph or anything. Slow and low will do.

If you fly a small aircraft the memory used is only around 1.7gb on starting out and after some time it has risen to 2.5gb but still some way to go to hit an OOM.

The OOM appears to be caused by the autogen, as you move forward the autogen ahead of you is rendered and increases the memory used. That memory never goes down (or by only a tiny amount). It's a slow upward climb to around 3.2gb and then bang!

Just to point out, I am using default settings (sliders half way) and no tweaks. Ftx global enabled only.

"The OOM appears to be caused by the autogen, as you move forward the autogen ahead of you is rendered and increases the memory used."

I flew around KSAN (LatVRF scenery) in the default Mooney Bravo and did not see any that.

Maybe I did not test properly.

Then I loaded the iFly737.

No problems.

I tested with veggies on and off.

Is this supposed to be a problem with P3D V2.1?

Should everyone be seeing it?

Best Regards,

I havnt tested it but havnt seen any issues with other Cerando products, B1900, C208 etc. Just a guess but Im thinking its probably a gauge module in the AXE. It isnt the RAAS module or the new ASC module. I tried them.

I just got an OOM using the Carenado TM

And onlu at 3.16G  !!

ouch

This sounds to me to be the problem with photoscenery we have in FSX and I see no reason why it shouldn't be happening in P3D.  For one thing, a virgin install of P3D with no addons and you see an OOM?  I don't think so!  Otherwise everyone of us would be having them right?  This is probably one of the main reasons LM is not listening and rightfully deleting inaccurate information.  I have a virgin install of P3D but have linked my MSE V2 stuff and installed most of my FSDT, FlightBeam, and BluePrint stuff and I have no issues. Hundreds of others have not had any issues either.  I use the Scenery Config Editor to load only the sceneries I will be using during a flight plan.  This is exactly what I did in FSX.  It's a well-known issue with photoscenery or scenery like Orbx/FTX PNW where all of it will load no matter whether you are flying over it or not.  It will deplete your VAS extremely fast and you will get a freeze or an OOM if not fixed.  Even PMDG wrote about this issue in the Intro Manual to the PMDG 777 (starting at Page 21).  So, let's be careful about blaming LM until the facts come out, especially when you have third-party scenery installed that may not be compatible with P3D (according to FTX/Orbx website). 

Best regards,

• Upvote 1

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Turning off all AG worked for me so far

I guess what Ill do is depart with full AG for effects, then when at altitude I would turn off all AG

To compensate I can now add 12 layers in AS2012 to make the weather scenery enhanced

I don't need AG for an arrival at a detailed airport

This is a fresh full install of P3D v2.1 under win8

KDTW no VAS (OOM) problem seen.

Are you guys sure it is a problem with P3Dv2.1?

Here I was checking the sunken wheels on QW (P3Dv2 only) problem.

post-140279-0-18822800-1392486517.jpg

Best Regards,

My OOMs are clearly related to autogen and specially Orbx autogen and even more specially FTX region autogen. With FTX Global alone it takes some time before I get an OOM but with FTX AU enabled I can get an OOM in 2.1 within a minute, depending on the location. And that's with autogen at Dense. 2.1 is better than 2.0 (in 2.0 I got an OOM around FTX AU Lilydale within a few minutes and with 2.1 it took 20 minutes) but as I said, in another location I had OOMs (repeatedly) within a minute after take off. Obviously this also has to do with the A2A C172 I was flying. In that regard you can't blame a specific addon: P3D 2 simply is very 'VAS sensitive'. Things have improved with 2.1 but it will remain a problem. (I personally deleted FTX AU and will only fly with FTX Global for now.)

And btw the size of the plane doesn't matter at all, of course... It's the complexity that matters. As I said I had OOMs with a small plane like the C172 but that was the A2A C172 which is heavier on the system than default planes.

I probably could prevent OOMs by flying default planes but I rather reload an autosaved flight every 30 minutes than having to stick with default planes (and default scenery). You simply have to make compromises. I refuse to fly with autogen lower than Dense so that means bye bye FTX AU. Simple as that.