Sign in to follow this  
FSXRookie

A2A 172C Trainer a must have!

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "Flight Simulator Tips and Tricks" to "MS FSX Forum". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

Yep, it is a good one, really looking forward to the A2A Cherokee.  Course after so long, its good to swap that Lycoming IO-360 with a Packard Merlin V-12 and hop in the Mustang for a real rush.  Ride that thoroughbred!   B)

I am still hesitating. Bought myself real air duke v2.0 and still spending 90% of time in Airbus and Boeing... Maybe jets fit me more. Still will try to rethink this. Is the learning curve that dramatic as its sometimes described?

I am still hesitating. Bought myself real air duke v2.0 and still spending 90% of time in Airbus and Boeing... Maybe jets fit me more. Still will try to rethink this. Is the learning curve that dramatic as its sometimes described?

It's the best rendition for a C172 that there's ever been for a PC flight sim, but that doesn't mean it's for everyone. Good as it is it's still just a 172 and if tubeliners is your thing then this most likely isn't.

As for the learning curve there really isn't one. It's no harder to fly than the default C172, there are just more things to do if you so desire.

Rolf Lindbom

wHDDh6t.jpg

Guest Q_flyer

It's the best rendition for a C172 that there's ever been for a PC flight sim, but that doesn't mean it's for everyone. Good as it is it's still just a 172 and if tubeliners is your thing then this most likely isn't.

As for the learning curve there really isn't one. It's no harder to fly than the default C172, there are just more things to do if you so desire.

This is so correct.

I bought the A2A C172 the day it came out.... and I literally never fly it.   Why? .... Not because there's anything wrong with it, just that it was a very poor purchase choice on my behalf.   I bought it because it's a A2A product and I love everything else they've done.     But as good as it is as a rendition - it is still a C172! .... and in my opinion, not an 'interesting' C172 like a vintage, or a brand new latest model with GFC700 ...... it's a middle of the road, very typical, late 90s style C172, just as you'd find in most flying schools.    And that is what they were aiming for, so again they got it spot on.   But it doesn't change the fact that it sends me to sleep! :lol:   .... I will definately buy their Cherokee though, as I've always preferred the Piper alternatives to trainers.  

So in summary, brilliant quality product - but it is a C172 and it is a similar model to the default FSX C172, so just bear that in mind.  The VC isn't a million miles way from the default FSX C172 VC in my opinion;  why would it be, when it's almost the same aircraft.

The A2A Cessna 172 has broken a lot of new ground, and when you hear people discussing it, they're talking about the same things in the same way as real pilots.  "Which oil should I use?  How often should I change it?  Do you use an additive?"  "I missed that on the pre-flight and almost crashed."  "Are there any advantages to using flap seals, and if so, why doesn't everyone use them?"  "My engine sounds different, should I be concerned?"  "Why does my airspeed indicator show zero? - Did you remove the pitot tube cover?"

That being said, I prefer the A2A J3 Cub.  No one would confuse that one for the FSX default. :D  It's just fun to fly, somehow.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

So... The Cherokee will also have same features like "taking care" of all mechanisms and other stuff? Wear and tear?

If yes than maybe I should wait too although this Cessna seem to be really tempting... I have time to decide until march anyway because this is a no more addons phase of current month :)

Get them both.  The Cherokee won't be out for a while.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

I bought the A2A C172 the day it came out.... and I literally never fly it. Why? .... Not because there's anything wrong with it, just that it was a very poor purchase choice on my behalf. I bought it because it's a A2A product and I love everything else they've done. But as good as it is as a rendition - it is still a C172! .... and in my opinion, not an 'interesting' C172 like a vintage, or a brand new latest model with GFC700 ...... it's a middle of the road, very typical, late 90s style C172, just as you'd find in most flying schools. And that is what they were aiming for, so again they got it spot on. But it doesn't change the fact that it sends me to sleep! .... I will definately buy their Cherokee though, as I've always preferred the Piper alternatives to trainers.

So in summary, brilliant quality product - but it is a C172 and it is a similar model to the default FSX C172, so just bear that in mind. The VC isn't a million miles way from the default FSX C172 VC in my opinion; why would it be, when it's almost the same aircraft.

Totally agree.

If you want something small but interesting the aerosoft Twin Otter fits the bill.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

The question is more related on how many of you fly VFR ?

Why?

The a2a 172 is IFR capable, especially with the rxp 430 fitted.

Make sure to change oil blew the head gasket. In Mississippi my battery died on me taxing on takeoff. Have to maintain it and it will purr like a kitten. Do like have to interact with the plane. Check, carbs, lights, tie downs, check filters. Want to see 1950s era type without modern gadgets like old steam.

I have considered getting this, but I find myself flying in P3D a lot more than FSX and unfortunately the A2A has its issues in P3D.  I really do hope A2A eventually make the changes needed to work on the new platform as I have seen so many good words written about it.

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

Guest Q_flyer

The question is more related on how many of you fly VFR ?

No, I don't think it is.

I fly VFR exclusively at the moment, and also I enjoy 'basic' airplanes (eg... I absolutely love Ant's Airplanes Tecnam P92 and the Iris Jabiru J160).  So I don't think it's to do with VFR or 'VFR style aircraft', I think it's just that late 90s style C172s are so common place and well understood (and perhaps also that the FSX default one already has decent VC visuals, albeit not systems or FDE).

It's a little like buying a racing game, and then driving a Ford Focus 1.6 in it.  :smile: