Sign in to follow this  
BleedAir

IXEG

I have a Virtual Hanger full of payware aircraft that look really great but lack functionality and substance.....Please keep plugging away at ironing out the kinks,The light is getting closer as we're reaching the end of the tunnel :smile:

• Upvote 2

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

To me, this is becoming more and more like vaporware.

How long has the FSL A320 been in development for FSX? I think it might even be longer than this aircraft.

NAX669.png

I think the time they are taking to release it would be worth it , giving a product almost bug free is a very good thing, As to the updates those can keep coming. 

Hmm wonder if I will fly this big girl 

• Upvote 1

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

Yesterday I was watching this really interesting presentation by an American Airlines instructor (the author of the "children of the magenta" expression)

The first 20 minutes deal with rudder hard-overs. In the 737 there's a rudder-aileron crossover speed (or better still, angle of attack) under which the rudder has more authority than the ailerons, i.e., full opposite ailerons won't stop the aircraft from rolling in the event of a rudder hard-over. This issue was important in several accidents discussed by the instructor.

The danger of this crossover speed is that it's ABOVE minimum maneuvering speed, that is, it's a speed an actual airliner pilot might be flying at. In the example shown, crossover angle of attack occurs at around 200 knots in 1-g flight.

Now, at 09:18 to 14:33 the instructor shows a recreation of a 737 Flight Test in which the pilot simulated a rudder hard-over by fully pushing the pedal in, then counteracting with aileron and depicting the effect of decreasing airspeed (or increasing angle of attack).

My question: Will this experiment be doable in the IXEG 737?

BTW: I guess it took some brass balls by that test pilot to do such a flight test. Must have been fun to be riding on board :D

Jaime Beneyto

My real life aviation and flight simulation videos [English and Spanish]

System: i9 9900k OC 5.0 GHz | RTX 2080 Super | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Asus Z390-F

My question: Will this experiment be doable in the IXEG 737?

Yes

M

• Upvote 3

Jaime,

I believe this 737 will make the positive aspects of XpX's FDM, weather and overall modelling shine, although a lot of background work / code must really be there.

I am placing huge expectations in this aircraft.

I miss the 737-300 in Air Portugal ( TAP ). Yesterday I was watching the news about the upcoming a330 NEO that were acquired, and I could only remember my landings at LPMA 05 on a 737-300 ( in the jumpseat, of course.. ) and dream about being able to re-create it in the iXEG 737.

One thing is for sure - in this model we will be able to feel, in a plausible / realistic way the effects of asymmetric thrust, something that fails completely on the most sophisticated FSX add-ons...

Alexis, one of our simmer friends here at AVSIM, an ATPL from Brazil, had the chance to do a course on a 737-300 simulator, and described uniquely the sensation of an engine failure after V1 and the force he had to apply on the rudder to keep flying ...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Lenovo TB310FU 9,5" Tablet for Navigraph and some available external FMCs or AVITABs

Main flight simulators: MSFS 2020... (😍 IT !!!), AND AeroflyFS4 - Great  FLIGHT SIMULATION !!!

Just a small comment to the video, what the instructor isn't saying is that the rudder on airliners have phase-out with airspeed.  So the higher airspeed the less rudder deflection (power) is available, so there is a "double" effect of lowering alpha and gaining airspeed.  But offcourse, if there is a rudder malfunction the phaseout wount work ....

I miss the 737-300 in Air Portugal ( TAP ). Yesterday I was watching the news about the upcoming a330 NEO that were acquired, and I could only remember my landings at LPMA 05 on a 737-300 ( in the jumpseat, of course.. ) and dream about being able to re-create it in the iXEG 737.

My 16 yo. son had been testflying and practicing the IXEG 737 at LPMA 05 for a while.  Then I took him to the big Level D sims.  He nailed the LPMA 05 circle approach in a 20 kt on-shore crosswind without any problems and a beautiful landing!  :smile: 

• Upvote 2

Wow!  You have to invest on that boy!  Prepare to pay for an ATPL :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Lenovo TB310FU 9,5" Tablet for Navigraph and some available external FMCs or AVITABs

Main flight simulators: MSFS 2020... (😍 IT !!!), AND AeroflyFS4 - Great  FLIGHT SIMULATION !!!

Just a small comment to the video, what the instructor isn't saying is that the rudder on airliners have phase-out with airspeed.  So the higher airspeed the less rudder deflection (power) is available, so there is a "double" effect of lowering alpha and gaining airspeed.  But offcourse, if there is a rudder malfunction the phaseout wount work ....

Hi Morten! Are you talking about the Rudder-Ratio function that limits rudder deflection at high airspeeds? 

I believe, correct me if I'm wrong, that the instructor was not considering rudder-ratio limitation. A hard-over is full rudder deflection at any speed. Now at high-speeds there's also aileron limitations, not sure about the 737, but bigger planes like the 777 have inboard and outboard ailerons, the outboards being locked-out at higher speeds. So could it be possible that at high speed a full rudder deflection on the 777 would not be containable with inboard ailerons (flaperons) only? Let's disregard the FBW and PFC and suppose that 777 was flying in direct law. Now sorry if this is an offtopic issue.

Also, why does the 737 Classic/Jurassic exhibit this cross-over alpha? Is it a peculiarity of its design like for instance the Deep-Stall of T-Tail aircraft? From what I've been reading, this does not happen on other Boeing models, not even the 737 NGs.

I believe this 737 will make the positive aspects of XpX's FDM, weather and overall modelling shine, although a lot of background work / code must really be there.

I am placing huge expectations in this aircraft.

I hope that as well! I think this might be the first ever aircraft I buy on release day!

Jaime Beneyto

Also full rudder deflection at higher speeds repesents a vera dangerous structural strain on airliners.

There have been some well know accidents due to it.

Main Simulation Rig:

Hi Morten! Are you talking about the Rudder-Ratio function that limits rudder deflection at high airspeeds? 

I believe, correct me if I'm wrong, that the instructor was not considering rudder-ratio limitation.

Yes, that was basically what I said. 

Recommended reading on the topic is the NTSB report on the USAir 427 accident report, page 63

http://www.ntsb.gov/investigations/AccidentReports/Reports/AAR9901.pdf

This is where we got our crossover airspeed from.  About 187 kts.  We should be close.

About other aircraft I'm not sure, but as the instructor in the video said in the beginning and documentation I have imply this

will happen to most airliners since they all have rudder phaseout.  You don't need alot of rudder at high airspeeds and as Jose

says, the whole Vstab can get ripped off.  Think thats what happened to the A300 over New York or where it was..

Recommended reading on the topic is the NTSB report on the USAir 427 accident report, page 63

http://www.ntsb.gov/...rts/AAR9901.pdf

This is where we got our crossover airspeed from. About 187 kts. We should be close.

Very interesting, thanks for that report!

Another interesting thing is that, apparently, this speed of 187kt is for a 75% rudder deflection as mentioned in page 64 midway. They did limit the deflection because of over-stressing the vertical tailplane concerns. In subsequent tests with 100% rudder deflections it was shown that the stress on the vertical fin was below the maximum admissible.

Jaime Beneyto

Wow how can you people read so much and remember , If I start reading POH of a C172 3 pages later I will forget what  was on those pages.  And this girl is very complicated. 

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus