Sign in to follow this  
BleedAir

IXEG

Just compare the FlyJSim to FF in that regard and it is a real day and night.

The reason they didn't offer it initally afaik, is that gizmo supplies the functionality. Since this plane is so long in development, they are still developing on an older version of GIZMO that does not have this functionallity. And so close before launch, they do not want to update that as it might break more things than it does fix and requires extra testing. 

They said that they are very happy with the way it currently works, and everybody that is using it sofar has no issues. However they are monitoring the forums after release, and if it turns out to be a problem for alot of people they will add it.

Please refrain from spreading false information.

Adding scroll wheel support for the cockpit requires OBJ8 and texturing modifications.

The Gizmo functionality required to tie-in to the scroll wheel has been available for many many years.

Probably before IXEG even started their project.

Thanks.

• Upvote 2

Author of Gizmo64 for X-Plane.

This from Morten one of IXEG Team members from XPilot forums

"Heads up,

As you have noticed we are a bit on overtime from our last estimates.  Main reason was we had to port our code to the latest Gizmo version and finish the FMC. Thanks to great help from Ben R the switch went fast and was successful.  The FMC is looking good now, everyone on the team are testflying it chasing bugs and Tom is working hard on finishing the final bits and pieces, increasing stability and functionality every day.  We have set a target internal release date not too far ahead which we hope will materialize this time default_smile.png"

Getting Closer!!

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

Dont know why ... I dont believe it ...

Well, you will be a belieber, soon! :wink:

Nice screen shot from today with good progress :smile: from Morten.....

"Just a shot from todays flight. Descending on the STAR for ILS 35 at ENBR.  Everything went as planned, no bugs reported."

ENBR1.thumb.jpg.a2d602c83116df129091474b

• Upvote 3

Patrick

Cool!

• Upvote 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

The true hope and changer for XP10, IMO... Well, and an upcoming Citation too, I believe...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Why buy IXEG, the upcoming x737 should be as good. I rather donate to the x737 v5.

Cyber, I never really enjoyed that much the x737, but since I no longer use X-Plane at all, I can't say for sure because I didn't try their latest versions, but, for a start, it's also a different model ( series 800 and 900 ) that x737 models ?

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Why buy IXEG, the upcoming x737 should be as good. I rather donate to the x737 v5.

I am a bit confused by this comment, as I follow both projects and they don't seem to be even close (as far as you can judge unreleased products). 

Not to mention IXEG is working on 733 classic, while x737 is the NG version. 

• Upvote 5

Why are you confused?  It's his opinion and you have yours.

I do agree with you and am definitely going to purchase the IXEG.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

Why are you confused?  It's his opinion and you have yours.

Because "why buy A if you can have B" would imply that A and B are on comparable level. They are not and it's not even matter of an opinion. 

But then I remembered that Mike is the guy who "can't be bother to boot plebian windows for this" every 2 posts, so I kind of came to understanding  :Tounge:

No hard feelings of course!

• Upvote 3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1-rla1dge8

This is hard to beat and no I won't bother to boot Windows just for the ixed.

Wouldn't it be a bit Smarter...and more than a bit polite to make a separate thread for this?  

• Upvote 1

Patrick

They are not and it's not even matter of an opinion. 

Yes, that is still your opinion. :wink:

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.