Sign in to follow this  
BleedAir

IXEG

BTW, anyone know why the throttle is shaking back & forth in the Cold & Dark mode?

Good question.  It exists in many aircraft.  I have always wondered why it could not be "calmed" down.  Maybe someone here can answer if it is pulled out of all the other conversation.

Hey guys!  Does anyone know???

John

John Wingold

Good question.  It exists in many aircraft.  I have always wondered why it could not be "calmed" down.  Maybe someone here can answer if it is pulled out of all the other conversation.

Hey guys!  Does anyone know???

John

Sounds like a problem with the Null zones of the controller/throttle

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Sounds like a problem with the Null zones of the controller/throttle

cheap hardware desktop throttle modules have cheap bad potentiometers for reading the hardware lever position (no matter they are brand new) the potentiometers keep sending noise all the time making the aircraft levers jump back and forth to follow the "supposed" lever position.

Things are actually that bad, that most airliners developers (FF, ROTATE, etc.) implemented a feature on their simulation that once A/T is engaged, i.e. during TO mode, they block listening the levers at all so the FMC doesn't "think" that the "pilot" moved the levers during takeoff roll which may result in:

-Applying more thrust than configured on the takeoff page. or.

-Rejected takeoff if the potentiometers send a retarded level signal which in real life means the pilot pulled the throttle levers back to reject to.

You can install a lua throttle script (instead of assigning your lever via xplane), the script makes an algorithm of the latest X potentiometer readings to calm down those noise peaks.

The older the hardware, the jerkier the potentiometer gets. But they are problematic brand new anyway. 

• Upvote 1

Manuel Merelles

Probably true. Saitek throttle quadrants. I've tried switching assignments to no avail.

John

John Wingold

Guys, they have to be cleaned. Its a bout an hour job the first time you do it, and there is a youtube video on it.  

YES, it actually fixed the noise issue, much to my suprise

Peter Osborn

Yes, looks really nice. Just wish they would release it. To me, this is becoming more and more like vaporware.

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

I recall sometime ago Kyle noted that the guy recording the videos had a jerky throttle in his controller, so I guess that's why...

We would probably expect the developers of such a piece of software to own top hardware on their stuff, but, for instance Hardy Heinlin, the maker of the most advanced / PERFECT Boeing 744 ever developed for a PC ( Aerowinx PSX ), uses a MS Sidewinder joystick he bought many years ago ( from the times of PS1 )

• Upvote 2

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I recall sometime ago Kyle noted that the guy recording the videos had a jerky throttle in his controller, so I guess that's why...

We would probably expect the developers of such a piece of software to own top hardware on their stuff, but, for instance Hardy Heinlin, the maker of the most advanced / PERFECT Boeing 744 ever developed for a PC ( Aerowinx PSX ), uses a MS Sidewinder joystick he bought many years ago ( from the times of PS1 )

Out of topic - but I thought Hardy uses the Logitech Extreme 3D stick? Unless I missed out on a post about hardware  :blink:

Anyways back to IXEG... Video looks great!

3HSAJHT.png

TFDi Design

Yes, looks really nice. Just wish they would release it. To me, this is becoming more and more like vaporware.

This is being made by a small team of people who have day jobs. Just be thankful that this will be available to us soon. And your analogy that this is vaporware carries no weight. For a definition of vaporware please see this wiki https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vaporware.

I myself am waiting for this it will be a game changer as far as high level , highly modelled X-Plane sim aircraft go. The correctly working FMC is the key here. There is hardly one plane at the moment with a correct fully working FMC as far as I know.

• Upvote 2

This is being made by a small team of people who have day jobs. Just be thankful that this will be available to us soon. And your analogy that this is vaporware carries no weight. For a definition of vaporware please see this wiki https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vaporware.

I myself am waiting for this it will be a game changer as far as high level , highly modelled X-Plane sim aircraft go. The correctly working FMC is the key here. There is hardly one plane at the moment with a correct fully working FMC as far as I know.

Well, yeah.. That magical "soon" has been heard on numerous occasions by now. No need to be that defensive. No doubt it will be great, if and when it is released. 

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

IXEG is very sadist

• Upvote 1

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

It's iXEGist....

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

That is correct. I own a CH-Products Throttle USB Pro - but it is pretty old. It serves my purposes well, though (expect when I shoot promo vids :wink: ), so I don´t see a reason to replace it, yet. We tried to "smooth" the throttle input, but that made the thrust-levers too sluggish.

In the long term, Tom has some ideas to fix that, but right now we are concentrating hard to finish this vaporware and get it into the store, so anything non-essential is getting postponed to 1.1 :P

Jan

• Upvote 2

That is correct. I own a CH-Products Throttle USB Pro - but it is pretty old. It serves my purposes well, though (expect when I shoot promo vids :wink: ), so I don´t see a reason to replace it, yet. We tried to "smooth" the throttle input, but that made the thrust-levers too sluggish.

In the long term, Tom has some ideas to fix that, but right now we are concentrating hard to finish this vaporware and get it into the store, so anything non-essential is getting postponed to 1.1 :P

Jan

Great stuff Jan, I enjoy your videos, can't wait to purchase this aircraft when it is ready.

• Upvote 1

Jan

Just don't listen to the people who say you're taking too long. Quality comes first, and will pay off for sure.

Aber das wisst ihr bei IXEG natürlich schon :D

Nice video by the way!

• Upvote 3

Jaime Beneyto

My real life aviation and flight simulation videos [English and Spanish]

System: i9 9900k OC 5.0 GHz | RTX 2080 Super | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Asus Z390-F