Sign in to follow this  
WR269

DAL 757-200 loses section of wing

Edited to add pic

Sent from my Mobile thing

That must have been a frightening experience for the guys sitting at those windows!

I wonder if the pilot had a copy of FSX on his home pc. Inquiring minds want to know. :O

Someone in the Delta Maintenance Dept is going to take a hit. It looks like they forgot to install the camlocks and srews for this inspection panel over the flap drive/ aft landing gear trion bearings. Must have been an over night inspection item at Orlando.

Asticou

The long and short of this. Quality control. The assigned FAA PMI for Delta will be looking into this and most likely end up with enforcement action. He already have IOP#1

DJ

tea and biscuits time for the signature on that one I'm afraid

Pete Little

While I'm sure it made the flight a little more exciting for the passengers, it is certainly not the first time a panel has seperated from an airliner. In most cases it is not so visible from the cabin so no one but the maintenance crews know about it.

This sure looks like a maintenance error to me as it appears all the nutplates are present, but no tattered remains of the panel are visible. Glad I didn't sign off on that one. Somebody somewhere must have a pocket full of screws they wish they didn't have.