Sign in to follow this  
OAL809

These guys are serious...?

Point taken. However, I would like to know you "put your money where your mouth is"...book yourself on one of these flights and let me know how it turns out. I suppose the Asiana KSFO crash was an example of Korea's finest when the pilot dropped the &@($*-end of that 777 into the sea wall. Was that incompetence or did the blocks just slip off the rudder peddles? There is a reason that the top carriers in that region go looking elsewhere for pilots..As for me, I will stick with Delta.

Point taken. However, I would like to know you "put your money where your mouth is"...book yourself on one of these flights and let me know how it turns out. I suppose the Asiana KSFO crash was an example of Korea's finest when the pilot dropped the &@($*-end of that 777 into the sea wall. Was that incompetence or did the blocks just slip off the rudder peddles? There is a reason that the top carriers in that region go looking elsewhere for pilots..As for me, I will stick with Delta.

Not going there. Plenty of accidents with Us carriers where the crew has made errors of judgement as well. I agree the Asiana accident was extreme, but before you go advocating safety abroad, have a closer look at home, it will keep you just as busy.

But to reinforce my point, everyone is innocent until proven guilty.

Sent from my Mobile thing

everyone is innocent until proven guilty.

In a court of law, yes.  But in the court of public opinion, fueled by a sensationalist media, people can be crucified on someone's speculation.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

In a court of law, yes.  But in the court of public opinion, fueled by a sensationalist media, people can be crucified on someone's speculation.

Hook

I agree Hook, but I thought the days of Harlem and people being burnt alive upon being proven "guilty" on hearsay were over.

This is supposed to be the 21st century. Very sad indeed.

So we needed a 3rd topic on this?? How could you miss the other 2?

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Not going there. Plenty of accidents with Us carriers where the crew has made errors of judgement as well. I agree the Asiana accident was extreme, but before you go advocating safety abroad, have a closer look at home, it will keep you just as busy.

But to reinforce my point, everyone is innocent until proven guilty.

Sent from my Mobile thing

And luckily for US Air, all this MH370 news completely overshadowed the gear collapse in PHL last week. Luckily the media only understood that as an aborted takeoff from a wheel problem. What actually happened was much more interesting.

You guys know that with ADS-B the airplane's position is interrogated every 7 minutes right? 

Brendan R, KDXR PHNL KJFK

Type rated: SF34 / DH8 (Q400) / DC9 717 MD-88/ B767 (CFI/II/MEI/ATP)

Majestic Software Q400 Beta Team / Pilot Consultant / Twitter @violinvelocity

Reminds me of the DC9 (type?) that got completely swallowed in a Florida swamp some years ago.