Sign in to follow this  
Paul J

Farewell from pj

I just want to take a minute or two out to thank all of you folks for the use that you have made of the "DX10 "How-To" guide, and especially to those fliers who have added so much of its content through their own experimentation.  Additionally - "Thank you" for the many emails and pm's - and posts here and there - expressing your feelings regarding my 'decamping' from the venerable Avsim Website.

It has been an honour and a pleasure to have been involved - at the grass roots level - with Steve in the saga of the development of one of the most exciting addons to have hit the flight simulation hobby since FSX was released. He has single-handedly repaired almost everything that was visibly broken in the SP2 release back in 2007. Using that "DX10 Preview" is now almost as easy as using DX9!

Lastly, "Thank You" to Tom and his team here at Avsim, for having the foresight to recognize the potential of Steve's Fixer, and for giving us the opportunity to have a discussion forum where we could share experiences, stories - and advance our own knowledge of a way which will create a better FSX for all while maintaining backward compatibility - and yet adding things which were not even dreamed of when Microsoft was putting it together.

I will still be around here from time-to time, but can be found over at the Sim-Outhouse FSX Discussions - DX10 forum, having taken up an "offer which I couldn't refuse.." from Roger.

'Till we meet again, :Hug:

All the Best,  :drinks:    (a great smiley, eh?)

pj    

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

All the best PJ, and thanks for the help you have given to me over the years.  As someone who tends to visit numerous FS forums I am sure I will see you over at the outhouse.

take care,

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Thanks for everything, PJ. I'll definitely miss ya.

David Zambrano, CFII, CPL, IGI

I know there's a lot of money in aviation because I put it there. 

BetaTeamD.png

You've been a great asset around these parts PJ.  You can run, but you can't hide :lol:  Good luck!

Chris Sunseri

I would haven't moved to DX10 if it hadn't worked so well.  That was a definite combination between Steve's hard work, and YOUR contributions explaining it all Paul.  Thank you so much for putting the guide together and being their to assist.

Respectfully,

Jet

Thanks for the help you've provided me and all the DX10 users, Paul.  If it weren't for your guide, I probably wouldn't have bothered with DX10 or Steve's payware fixer.  Sorry to see you go.  Do drop in from time to time.  Good luck! 

Been Chasing the dream of flight for many decades

so

Thanks to my wife for letting me indulge in this hobby and thanks to you and Steve  and Avsim

for affording me a visually stunning joy! How rare you are!

All my best!!! :smile:

Thank you Paul and Steve for your contributions to the DX10 and to AVSIM for hosting them. Thanks to your efforts I am enjoying my "retirement" more and more each day. :Applause:  :Applause:

Bob "roadwarrior" Werab

Config: ASUS Prime Motherboard, RYZEN 5, 32 GB Ram, Radeon RX5700 XT, 2 TB SSD

Dear Paul, I have always listened when you have had something to say here on AVSIM, you will be greatly missed. Wishing you every success in your new venture.

Paul has helped me numerous times both on the forum and by his informative posts. He will be missed in this community. Too bad there wasn't a way to have come to a compromise on the forum. 

Mike Keigley

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Too bad there wasn't a way to have come to a compromise on the forum.

Well, there are always two sides to every story and with this we'll lock this topic before it goes negative.We at AVSIM wish Paul the best of luck in his new home.