Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

Ok, I'm Sold, Completely Sold!

Prepar3dv2.2 is here to stay!

Today I finished installing, without any flaws, the rest of my FSX add-ons ( well, less the PMDGs... )

I have running without a glitch, as far as I was able to test:

- A2A's C172

- RealAir Duke V2 ( including the configurator )

- Aerosoft DR-400

- Aerosoft Twin Otter

- Carenado B1900d

- Majestic Q-400

- Active Sky Next, which, IMO, works even smoother than in FSX...

and!  last but not least, ORBS FTX Global!

The ride is smoother than ever, the graphics simply great! 

I did not activate the cloud shadows, but heck, I have a 1GB graphics board ! and an i5 2500 @ 3,2GHz ( no overclocking here )... so... what could I ask more?

As it say's in my Signature: I'm HAPPY!!!!

Before installing P3Dv2.2 I didn't have any FSX or P3D installed.

After installing P3Dv2.2 and testing it, I used the fs9/fsx registry fixer to set the FSX env vars to point to prepar3d's folder, and created a dummy FSX.exe in that folder too.

That's all!

What didn't I install? Simple: military planes, helicopters or gliders. For that I use DCS, IL2 and Condor :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Can't wait to see what you install next month!  :P Jet Fighter 3 FTW!

I have all of the addons you have installed. All working beautifully. I too am sold on 2.2. I won't go back now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So...is the Duke working with sounds?  I heard gear and flaps sounds don't work. 

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Nope, the sounds of gear and flaps are off unfortunately , and I also have that gear collapsing problem that I fixed sometime ago but no longer recall how :-/   I'll have to dig my notes...

@ohsirus:  :-)  Yeah, you know me, well, everybody knows me already ... But the truth is, I have been a lot quiter lately, and that's because of being so involved in IL2 BoS, and above all back with  Condor Soaring too....

But I was missing GAs, the scenery for Portugal, etc... so, since I had nothing more than ELITE for GAs, and ELITE is really good, but not for the sceneries ( until version 10.... which might well change this state of affiars... ) I decided to give P3Dv2 a go, and.... I'm really glad I did...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I fully agree: P3D 2.2 is by far the best sim I've ever played used for learning!  P3D+FTXGlobal+ASN is the perfect combination.

Just had three amazing flights:

1. Sudbury, ON to Toronto in Airbus X Extended.  Weather: fair, with some scattered clouds; landed in dusk.  Amazing realism with cockpit shadows as clouds passed between the sun and the plane.

2. Tour around Toronto in A2A C172.  Weather: hazy.  Extreme autogen as far as the eye could see (and visibility wasn't that bad!).

3. London to Leeds in the Cattaneo F-35.  Weather: broken thick cloud then scattered cumulus.

All with very high settings:

- Extremely dense autogen (veg+buildings).

- Cloud shadows, 80km during the second half of flight #3, 20km elsewhere.

- Cockpit/plane shadows.

- Ultra water.

- Max LOD/texture/mesh res; second-from-max tessellation; 2048 textures.

- UT2 traffic (settings turned down somewhat).

- 10% vehicle traffic.

- AA: 4xMS in app, 4xSGSS in NI (which is very hard on the GPU, but I find I can use it except in combination with shadows when weather is especially heavy - in such cases I typically switch off the shadows, as I can't stand the shimmering cockpit instruments you get without transparency AA).  No other NI settings.

- AM=85 & FFTF=0.1 tweaks (no others).

* No crashes.

* All planes worked perfectly.

* 30-60 fps most of the time, dropping to 20-25 at the end of flight 1 & the start of flight 3 (but still pretty smooth).

* Very realistic weather: I'm highly impressed with Active Sky Next (just started using it this week), both the quality of the depiction and performance (heavy weather fps hit seems lower than some other addons).

* And at the end of flight #1, in a plane that would often give me OOMs in FSX on much lower settings, I still had 950MB free VAS!  The other two flights had over 1GB free at the end.

There is no way that FSX could get anywhere close to this, in my experience.  I can't wait to see what 2.3+ gives us.