Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

26APR14 - SP1/300ER Update "What Could Possibly Take So Long?!"

Great news! Really happy everything is working out. Quick question to the team...Is it premature to ask for a livery list for the 777-300er on release day? The AAL livery is definitely one of my favorites. Already got my new SBGR scenery ready for my inaugural flight from DFW. Looking forward to the next few days. Thanks

Great news! Really happy everything is working out. Quick question to the team...Is it premature to ask for a livery list for the 777-300er on release day? The AAL livery is definitely one of my favorites. Already got my new SBGR scenery ready for my inaugural flight from DFW. Looking forward to the next few days. Thanks

Is it premature to ask for a livery list for the 777-300er on release day?

They'll release when they release it, but it's safe to say that if a real world operator flies the plane, it'll be in the list.  That's kinda their MO...

Kyle Rodgers

This is in no way an official statement, and may be wrong:

I'm relatively sure the SP will be in download form (more specifically, a download not managed by the Ops Center).  This will update the Ops Center to the necessary version to do the update pushes in the future.

I think that's how it will work this time around.  As I said, I could be wrong.

Thanks for this. I kind of expected something like this - makes sense. Don't worry, I won't be coming after you if things don't fall out like that haha!

I am really excited. Taxi2gate just gave me another airport I can fly the 77W to by announcing TFFR Guadeloupe!! Now I can do the air france run 0)

A BIG "Thank You" to CPT Randazzo and everyone at PMDG is in order for all of your hard work and dedication regarding your fine products. I for one appreciate the fact that you will not release a product until it is ready, just reaffirms that PMDG strives for excellence as always. Keep up the good work. I love the 777, have been flying her since she came out, but my true love is the 747 400. Anyway, you guys just keep doing what you do best, a solid product is always worth the wait!

Ohh the anticipation!!!!!!

Yes, the SDK will be present with SP1.

Thanks Ryan, good news!

Iain

Nice!! love the progress. My only question however is if the -300ER has been in beta through out as well? I know SP1 and the weather radar has been the main focus/discussed more often, Just wondering if we can still expect  its release with SP1. Other than that, thanks for the update and keep up the great work. Take care!

Nice!! love the progress. My only question however is if the -300ER has been in beta through out as well? I know SP1 and the weather radar has been the main focus/discussed more often, Just wondering if we can still expect its release with SP1. Other than that, thanks for the update and keep up the great work. Take care!

The 300ER is not in beta yet. Ironing out the issues with the base 200LR before adding new things into the mix.

...and I mean this in the nicest way possible:

How many times does it need to be said that the 300ER will release with SP1???

I'm pretty sure I, alone, have said this at least ten times, and I knew the dev team has mentioned it more than once, too.

Kyle Rodgers

The 300ER is not in beta yet. Ironing out the issues with the base 200LR before adding new things into the mix.

...and I mean this in the nicest way possible:

How many times does it need to be said that the 300ER will release with SP1???

I'm pretty sure I, alone, have said this at least ten times, and I knew the dev team has mentioned it more than once, too.

Well, thanks for the quick response. Take care.  B)

The -300ER is not even in beta yet? What? RSR has said the SP1 will ship with the -300ER and his first post in this thread seemed to indicate that they were just waiting on a few things from one of the dev's, then test for about 5 days before release. Yet this post from this scandiavian13 guy says the -300ER is not even yet in beta. If they still have to fully validate the software for the -300ER, then something is not making sense with what RSR originally posted.....

Eric