Sign in to follow this  
Ray Proudfoot

Perfectly reasonable thread locked - why?

Fish and Chips has to be served in yesterday's newspaper or it's not the real thing ... but didn't England institute a ban on that method of serving fish and chips?

Cheers, Rob.

Hopefully not the "Daily Fail..." I should think that not fit for even wrapping fish! :LMAO:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Fish and Chips has to be served in yesterday's newspaper or it's not the real thing ... but didn't England institute a ban on that method of serving fish and chips?

Cheers, Rob.

They did claiming that the newsprint was unhygenic (depending on which newspaper was used, The Daily Mail being the worst!) However, the ban was and has been overcome in that the same paper is used but without the print!

There's a little pub in Burbank California called Buchannan's that serves a mean fish & chips and real bangers & mash and lot's more good stuff

http://www.buchananarmspub.com/

I have no connection except as a satisfied customer.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

mean fish & chips and real bangers & mash and lot's more good stuff

Mushy peas too?

From my time in the U.S. Navy... in the submarine service doing stints out of Holy Loch near Dunoon, Scotland. Long, long ago.

I was a Canadian Submariner and spent a lot of time in the UK back in the late 70's early 80's.  I lived on Fish&Chips while I was over there!  They were still wrapped in newspaper back then.

I really miss them!

Bill

In regards to the shrubbery...

It should be a nice shrubbery, not too expensive.

Mushy peas too?

LOL!  Seem to recall yes but not positive!

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Ok, we've moved on to food discussions... and I'm getting 'diagree' and 'dislike' "votes".

LOL

People really need to read an entire thread before they reply to it in any manner.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

What a strange turnaround of topic... only on Avsim :lol: [well, maybe not]

This topic is much better now, if misplaced... and its making me hungry. I'm going to need an early lunch now ^_^

Mushy Peas FTW... but only with Fish & Chips. They would never pass my lips at any other time... oh, and a pot of Curry Sauce please :wub:

What a strange turnaround of topic...

At least it has taken a humorous turn instead of another topic herein, which became a very long thread of flaming, insults and counter-insults.

Pity the old Cypriot-run or traditional English fryers are becoming a rarity these days. Sold nothing else but fish, chips, and the odd saveloys(for those with long memories).

At least it has taken a humorous turn instead of another topic herein, which became a very long thread of flaming, insults and counter-insults.

OH??? I demand equal time for lasagna, spaghetti & meatballs and Osso Bucco.

If not, I shall report this thread as a major example of Anglophiles pressing their agenda!!

Mushy peas indeed!!

OH??? I demand equal time for lasagna, spaghetti & meatballs and Osso Bucco.

If not, I shall report this thread as a major example of Anglophiles pressing their agenda!!

Mushy peas indeed!!

I'll definitely go for that. Having just returned from Rome, I'm already missing that veritable feast you list!