Sign in to follow this  
ohsirus

10.30 within 24 hours

"Tuning and improvements to the look of the clouds, including their behavior as you fly into and out of them."

Woo! This hopefully means no more whiteouts when flying into the most mundane looking clouds. Happy to see this is being addressed early in the 10.30 run than later down the road.

I'm really glad with the posted changes at the blog. We are finally getting there.

Alexander Colka

Good news. Every update is always welcome....altough I'm surprised I see no mention to ATC at all. 

Perhaps its coming as part of that long fix bug list. I hope so.

I think if they'd done anything to the ATC that would be front and centre of any news item, since it's what people have been desperate for since 500 bc

Seems like a great update.  I hope they fixed the cloud white out problem when flying through them and can include the updated autogen in 10.30.  It would also be nice to see some updated desert textures for the southwestern US and metropolitan cityscapes for large cities such as Las Vegas, Los Angeles, and New York, etc..to make flying into them more enjoyable.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

Questions in the blog comment:

Stephen Dutton says:

May 2, 2014 at 7:23 pm

Any fine tuning of the ATC (A.I.) in 10.30?

Ben Supnik says:

May 3, 2014 at 12:15 pm

No change to the AI, and not much for ATC. We were hoping to have ATC fixes in 1030 but we do not (except for my fix to planes starting up on top of each other).

This is one of the reasons why I don’t like to pre-announce stuff…we had a solid plan in place to get ATC fixes into 1030 – that plan then totally face-planted for unexpected reasons; all predictions about development over long time periods have huge error bars. Had I posted “we’re going to have all the worst ATC bugs fixed by 1030″ we’d be setting up users for disappointment.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

Saw that comment in devlog about ATC yesterday.I don't understand whats going on with ATC. .. I know its not easy task at all, and really I didn't excpected lot a new features by now.... but 'you are off course' bug not fixed yet... :huh: .

i get the sense that 10.3 is 'primarily' going to refine the interface pipeline for the 3rd party developers - which in itself is a very good thing.  As more and more products are brought to the table - XPlane can only continue to morph into our dreams fully-realized!

R. Scott McDonald  B738/L   Information is anecdotal only-without guarantee & user assumes all risks of use thereof.                                               

RQbrZCm.jpg

KqRTzMZ.jpg

Click here for my YouTube channel

Would be awesome if they had a pseudo fsx fsuipc or SImconnect option. Could use all the current ATC offerings.

i get the sense that 10.3 is 'primarily' going to refine the interface pipeline for the 3rd party developers - which in itself is a very good thing. As more and more products are brought to the table - XPlane can only continue to morph into our dreams fully-realized!

Hey Robert, nice to see you're still keeping abreast of XP matters!

I admit I haven't flown in XP much such P3D v2.2 came out except for the odd circuit.

Looking forward to 10.30 for the visibility, and also if LR's finest can really make the clouds look and behave more realistically.

:)

Would be awesome if they had a pseudo fsx fsuipc or SImconnect option. Could use all the current ATC offerings.

AFAIK, there is "XPUIPC" which is the psuedo-FSUIPC for XPlane you mentioned...

R. Scott McDonald  B738/L   Information is anecdotal only-without guarantee & user assumes all risks of use thereof.                                               

RQbrZCm.jpg

KqRTzMZ.jpg

Click here for my YouTube channel