Sign in to follow this  
dihelson

When will we have Megascenery Earth sales again ?

Hello, Folks,

Recently MSE was half of the price and I purchased some titles. They are not the best of the best, but it´s what we have untill something better appear on the market.

Unfortunatelly, I decided to purchase more scenery today, and saw that it´with "normal" prices ( Too High ) again. In my country U$ 1,00 is equivalent do 2, so what is already expensive becomes extremely expensive. I can only purchase when they are on sale. Does anybody know when they will be again ?

I was just thinking about Florida, Michigan, Georgia, South and North Carolina.

After all this, I will have to get Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Tennesse, Lousiana, Alabama, Maine, Rhode Island, New Hampshire.

The rest I just have.

All the best,

Dihelson Mendonça

Hi Dihelson,

I understand in some countries the exchange rate really hikes up the price. There is not much we can do in those cases I am afraid. For the most part, a lot of the cost of the product is consumed in its delivery and bandwidth. These are large titles that cost a good chunk of money to deliver and keep a megaserver running at neaer full speed most of the time. Obviously with the recent sale, the server was under extreme load, but it held up very well.

Re a next sale... it is likely to be some time (months) before we will consider running another sale. But keep an eye out on the PC Aviator and MSE sites as new sales or offers will be listed there when they do come around next.

Thanks for your interest in MegaSceneryEarth 2.0 scenery.

Dean
Manager - PC Aviator Australia

Retailing Sim DVD Software, Downloads, Hardware and Accessories

Hi Dihelson,

I understand in some countries the exchange rate really hikes up the price. There is not much we can do in those cases I am afraid. For the most part, a lot of the cost of the product is consumed in its delivery and bandwidth. These are large titles that cost a good chunk of money to deliver and keep a megaserver running at neaer full speed most of the time. Obviously with the recent sale, the server was under extreme load, but it held up very well.

Re a next sale... it is likely to be some time (months) before we will consider running another sale. But keep an eye out on the PC Aviator and MSE sites as new sales or offers will be listed there when they do come around next.

Thanks for your interest in MegaSceneryEarth 2.0 scenery.

Dear PC Aviator, may be only my opinion, but I think that it´s better to sell all the time, each day than sell only on sales each time a year. Sometimes, selling a product with better prices, makes your investment return comes faster. The tactics is to sell always, not on a single day. If you sell for half the prices, I think it would be fair, my friend. U$ 20,00 for a state is fair, and makes people think about purchasing other MSE titles as well. But when they are expensive, we buy one and takes a Lonnnng time to purchase another. I´m ready to purchase some more titles if you cut the prices on a half basis, as it was some days ago. Make this kindness for people from countries where exchange rate is so high, please. Don´t let me use Tileproxy for the rest of the states.

All the best,

Dihelson Mendonça

I notice that they usually hold their sales around holidays, so (hopefully) expect the next sale to come around Memorial Day, Father's Day, 4th of July or Labor Day.

That said, 50% off during Easter + 10% on Tuesdays equals amazing pricing. I picked up all the cities during the Easter sale. Now if I can just find the time to install them...   :rolleyes:

The US store of PC Aviator has 50% discount on MegaScenery Earth for this Memorial Day weekend.

Before this topic goes South with advertisements of sales on PC Aviator/MegaScenery with 50% off, remember we do not discuss that here and any notices of sales must go to the Bargain Hunters Shack. I would say though that I get frequent notices of sales in my e-mail from PC Aviator. I think they are one of the best commercial distributors offering sales. You have to buy a product from them first though to get on their mailing lists (I know. I'm probably wrong here and you can go on their site and sign up for specials, etc.). :lol:

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Jim

My post yesterday was intended as a supplement to the post of Room112 on 7 May and to be in the context of this Thread to assist the Topic Starter.

The post was not intended to be an advert for PCA or MSE. If it had been or was intended as a sale notice, I would have put it in the type of location you mention and it would not have been restricted to MSE products. Perhaps, in hindsight, it may have been less contentious to have done a PM to the Topic Starter.

I became aware of the MSE scenario only because I happened to publicly visit the PCA site looking for something else. I received no mailing list email or similar about it.

Gary

@Gartro - Not a problem. I did not direct my post at your particular post but where it appeared this topic was heading. AVSIM is trying to keep all notices of special deals in one spot (Bargain Hunters Shack) so that everyone has a place for "one-stop" shopping. Commercial distributers frequently post there too. So this was not a major crime scene here but just a reminder where we are putting the sales stuff. You might want to check there frequently as well as on the AVSIM Front Page.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10