Sign in to follow this  
Aviationisdabomb

PMDG 777 Landing Gear won't retract!

Why does the name matter? I'm just curious.

PMDG requires full names in our posts per their own set of rules.  Other sections of AVSIM don't have that requirement, but if you want to post here and have your posts stay, simply add your name and all will be good. 

What was the remedy to your landing gear BTW?  My only landing gear errors have been operator error (only a couple of times thankfully!)

Chris Sunseri

Why does the name matter?

Forum rules.  Some forums don't let you join up, unless you can prove you are a paying customer.

Anti piracy measures.

If you don't sign your name, PMDG cant assess whether you are a paying customer.

What was the remedy to your landing gear BTW? My only landing gear errors have been operator error (only a couple of times thankfully!)

Same here Chris, but sometimes I get a gear disagree on final and take off sometimes. Totally random. Wish I could fix that one. PMDG said to try different panel states, but that did not help.

Thank you from the heart of my bottom for sharing the remedy for your gear issue <sigh>

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Thank you from the heart of my bottom for sharing the remedy for your gear

He just simply  went into the pmdg product page clicked on the t7  link  and paid for it :P until he comes back with his name  and how he fixed it will be the interesting   part

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Why should he share how he fixed it after how he was treated by most on this topic???  Everyone that is new to the hobby is treated like a Pirate if they have probs with commercial add ons I bet some that accused him off being a Pirate are Hypocrites and  Pirates Themselves . Im against Piracy it sends developers Broke but do we always need to Crucify new members!!!

• Upvote 1

Jason Richards

Not so fast Ollie :lol: ...he's back and the problem has been solved

(...)

Thank you from the heart of my bottom for sharing the remedy for your gear issue <sigh>

He just simply  went into the pmdg product page clicked on the t7  link  and paid for it :P until he comes back with his name  and how he fixed it will be the interesting   part

:rolleyes:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/245586-you-must-sign-your-full-real-name-to-posts-to-use-this-forum-posts-without-names-will-be-deleted/

Reason for  telling how you solved your issue is to help others with the same issue.

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Same here Chris, but sometimes I get a gear disagree on final and take off sometimes. Totally random. Wish I could fix that one. PMDG said to try different panel states, but that did not help.

Sorry! Had homework so I couldn't come on here! I fixed it by opening the Standard.XML file. I saw the solution on the internet, forgot where. Here it is: After you open the Standard.XML file, look for CAPTURE_SCREENSHOT. Change that to GEAR_SET and once in the simulator, press G for the gear lever then press V and the gear retract! Unfortunately this does not work in Multiplayer as the gauges do not appear along with the gear.

"Sorry! Had homework so I couldn't come on here! I fixed it by opening the Standard.XML file. I saw the solution on the internet, forgot where. Here it is: After you open the Standard.XML file, look for CAPTURE_SCREENSHOT. Change that to GEAR_SET and once in the simulator, press G for the gear lever then press V and the gear retract! Unfortunately this does not work in Multiplayer as the gauges do not appear along with the gear."

Holy crap, that actually works perfectly!!!     How did you figure this out?     

Sorry! Had homework so I couldn't come on here! I fixed it by opening the Standard.XML file. I saw the solution on the internet, forgot where. Here it is: After you open the Standard.XML file, look for CAPTURE_SCREENSHOT. Change that to GEAR_SET and once in the simulator, press G for the gear lever then press V and the gear retract! Unfortunately this does not work in Multiplayer as the gauges do not appear along with the gear.

Thanks mate. Going to try that. Been getting gear not up on TO and gear not down on approach for months now with no solution, on the NGX as well.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

That's strange Julian how it's happening on both the 777 and NGX.  I wonder how many others are having this issue?  Guess I can count myself as lucky.

Chris Sunseri

That's strange Julian how it's happening on both the 777 and NGX.  I wonder how many others are having this issue?  Guess I can count myself as lucky.

It is a strange one Chris. On the NGX I went for months without a problem , then 2 days ago it started again. The 777 is the same now, last 3 flights.

You can always tell it is going to happen on take off, as the climb out does not feel or look right.

It is more prevalent on third party repaints. I use the Goldstar Emirates repaints for the T7. I have even tried deleting the livery ini files.

Fingers crossed, the GEAR_SET tweak works.

"Sorry! Had homework so I couldn't come on here! I fixed it by opening the Standard.XML file. I saw the solution on the internet, forgot where. Here it is: After you open the Standard.XML file, look for CAPTURE_SCREENSHOT. Change that to GEAR_SET and once in the simulator, press G for the gear lever then press V and the gear retract! Unfortunately this does not work in Multiplayer as the gauges do not appear along with the gear."

Holy crap, that actually works perfectly!!!     How did you figure this out?     

I read it on a website somewhere, but I forgot where!

Thanks mate. Going to try that. Been getting gear not up on TO and gear not down on approach for months now with no solution, on the NGX as well.

What happens when you actually press the gear handle, doesn't work either? if it  doesn't  than most likely its not the g key does it occur on the pmdg aircraft or the download repaints  versions?

Peter kelberg

What happens when you actually press the gear handle, doesn't work either? if it  doesn't  than most likely its not the g key does it occur on the pmdg aircraft or the download repaints  versions?

When I hit the g key Pete. Seems to happen mostly with repaints. Had it happen too a few times with PMDG liveries.

Have checked calibration of Yoke and Pedals, started with a fresh standard xml. Have tried reinstall of both 737 and 777. Have tried all panel states, and custom made ones as well.

It is so random, makes it hard to troubleshoot. When I think I have fixed it, it comes back. Take a few flights before I know if the Gear_set tweak works.

One thing is that in the key commands of the NGX and T7 there is the gear key command "G" and Cntrl G, so not sure if I should delet them or not.