Sign in to follow this  
Aviationisdabomb

PMDG 777 Landing Gear won't retract!

I quote Robert Randazzo (source link below):

"We could see that the number of users of our software was increasing, but the number of sales wasn’t,” says Robert Randazzo, chief executive officer of PMDG. “We knew that over the long term, this was not a sustainable trend. We needed something to help us capture revenue from the people who were using our product, but were not paying for a license.

In addition to effectively eliminating revenue leakage due to piracy, FlexNet Producer Suite has allowed us to improve customer satisfaction and reduce our operating costs. For a small software producer like PMDG, all of these benefits travel straight to the bottom line."

Source,  Flexnet Homepage:    http://www.flexerasoftware.com/resources/success-stories/pmdg.html

Holy crap, that actually works perfectly!!! How did you figure this out?

What was wrong with your gear that you needed the Gear_set inserted in the standard xml ?

Your post bothers me. Why did you need the gear set workaround ?

To Ollie and Pete I have sent some de bug files to Dave March, I think I have narrowed it down to PFE. Even though my hot keys are set to Cntrl 0-9 they could be corrupted as it won't let me restore to default without a runtime error'

I do have FDC live cockpit as well, but don't use it as I don't think PMDG planes are supported, so I can rule that out.

Will keep you posted.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

What was wrong with your gear that you needed the Gear_set inserted in the standard xml ?

For me personally, implementing the .xml edit as described allowed me to assign the 777 landing gear toggle to one of the axis on my Saitek throttle quadrant using the GEAR_SET variable.       I have never been able to get it to work properly before, although the 'G' key has always worked.      I could also assign the gear toggle to my CH Yoke, but never to the Saitek quadrant where I wanted it.    

And now, back to you Mr. Badfinger.     Where exactly were YOU when the Baroness De Fromberg drank her poison-laced tea and collapsed in the downstairs parlor, hmmmm?      You claim to have been playing Cricket on the east lawn with Major Ramsey and some the boys from his Ancient History class at Eaton, but you would have still had time to dash back into the rear entrance, poison the Baroness' tea, and been back in time to access the forums here and accuse me, all before anyone even began to suspect you.     

Quite convenient really, but you forgot one important detail:  No one can fool my Laser Cat, for she has the power to read minds, as do all Laser Cats.      I do believe a call to the local Constable is now in order and I must ask you to put down that butter knife...

For me personally, implementing the .xml edit as described allowed me to assign the 777 landing gear toggle to one of the axis on my Saitek throttle quadrant using the GEAR_SET variable. I have never been able to get it to work properly before, although the 'G' key has always worked. I could also assign the gear toggle to my CH Yoke, but never to the Saitek quadrant where I wanted it.

That's a relief. I thought you had the same issue as me and it worked for you.. Anyway turns out mine was an ATC addon. Glad you got it sorted.

Quite convenient really, but you forgot one important detail: No one can fool my Laser Cat, for she has the power to read minds, as do all Laser Cats. I do believe a call to the local Constable is now in order and I must ask you to put down that butter knife...

Shakespeare ? :O

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

My point isn't that everyone here is a pirate.  It's just that I can safely doubt the OP's version, since he obviously found that "fix" on some parrot-laden "Arrrr"-filled website.

sig01.png

My point isn't that everyone here is a pirate.  It's just that I can safely doubt the OP's version, since he obviously found that "fix" on some parrot-laden "Arrrr"-filled website.

Yes, quite agree. Not sure why Aaron is getting poetic about it, but I think this thread has past it's sell by date, as I think it has been well and truly covered.

To Ollie and Pete I have sent some de bug files to Dave March, I think I have narrowed it down to PFE. Even though my hot keys are set to Cntrl 0-9 they could be corrupted as it won't let me restore to default without a runtime error'

I do have FDC live cockpit as well, but don't use it as I don't think PMDG planes are supported, so I can rule that out.

Will keep you posted.

Mary Julian,

I use FDC with the T7 and have no issues there. L/G works as usual and is recognized in FDC. You may want to give it a try. Use the PSS 777 files for FDC from flightsim.com for a start (you may want to customize them later). Of course, PMDG's custom code won't be recognized by FDC, just the SDK stuff.

Can't comment on the interference of PFE, unfortunately, as I have dumped that one.

Can't comment on the interference of PFE, unfortunately, as I have dumped that one.

Cheers thanks for the FDC tip Olli, will grab that. Looks like I might be dumping PFE as well. Unless Dave has a fix.

I tried the Vox demo, but had AI in all sort of strange places, like Qantas domestic off the coast of Africa :lol:

Cheers

Mary Julian

Just try to change the key assignment. 

New member without a name ressurects a 5 month old thread that's been proven to be related to piracy.  I love people.  :mellow:

sig01.png

New member without a name ressurects a 5 month old thread that's been proven to be related to piracy.  I love people.  :mellow:

+++1

I love wanna-be forum cops who run around looking for posts where people haven't signed their names so they can jump down the offenders throats about it...Then spend the energy playing internet detective so they can (circumstantially) prove that somebody else has pirated a piece of software all so that they can pat themselves on the back and make themselves feel good...even though it really doesn't concern them at all.  If the kid pirated the 777, then that is between him, PMDG, and the local authorities.

And people wonder why Avsim is labeled as one of the most snobbiest, unfriendly forums on the internet.  Congratulations on furthering that cause.

I think you're going a little too strong on me, Matt.  I replied a couple of times in this thread, and it was ultimately clear that someone posted a "fix" that was straight out of a pirate site.  I thought this topic would thus be locked and deleted.  It wasn't.

In the case of "jushrus12", I didn't accuse him of anything.  I just pointed out the very odd fact that this member's first post is on this particular thread.

To be honest, I don't care much about having their names or not in their posts.  In fact, I'm a bit against the rule at all, I think privacy is of importance on the internet, but I still abide by it.

If you think I play "internet detective", fine, but you don't need to make accusations - that would equal exactly to what you are writing against. I stand by what I wrote and still find this post odd.

Finally, I don't think it's fair that you accuse me of being one of the reasons Avsim is considered unfriendly.  Some respected members have made way worse replies and didn't get that much backlash.  I respect that it's your opinion, but it did make me feel bad as a person.

sig01.png

I think you're going a little too strong on me, Matt.  I replied a couple of times in this thread, and it was ultimately clear that someone posted a "fix" that was straight out of a pirate site.  I thought this topic would thus be locked and deleted.  It wasn't.

In the case of "jushrus12", I didn't accuse him of anything.  I just pointed out the very odd fact that this member's first post is on this particular thread.

To be honest, I don't care much about having their names or not in their posts.  In fact, I'm a bit against the rule at all, I think privacy is of importance on the internet, but I still abide by it.

If you think I play "internet detective", fine, but you don't need to make accusations - that would equal exactly to what you are writing against. I stand by what I wrote and still find this post odd.

Finally, I don't think it's fair that you accuse me of being one of the reasons Avsim is considered unfriendly.  Some respected members have made way worse replies and didn't get that much backlash.  I respect that it's your opinion, but it did make me feel bad as a person.

It wasn't just you...and I apologize that it came off like that.  This thread is filled to the brim with people that chastised and berated the op.  Guilty until proven innocent. Bullying.  Whatever you want to call it.  You're right that this kid most likely pirated the software, but for people to burn him at the stake for an assumption is a bit much.  What should have happened is that kid should've gotten the banhammer, and this thread deleted...but I'm not a moderator...just a lurker.

Again...apologies if it seemed aimed directly at you