Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

The finest flight simulator, I have ever seen...wow.....

Well, I have been using a very, well-tuned P3D for three days now.  I was SO, SO wrong about SO many things regarding this flight simulator...and only based truly, on ignorance.  I had no user knowledge of it all all.  My only intel, was from pictures, videos on You-Tube, etc.

None of that, can prepare you for a truly hands-on-the-yoke experience with this simulator.

It is the FINEST flight simulator software...I have ever seen to date.  Yes...to date.  I'm in a dawn flight out of Winter Haven, FL (Orbx freeware), and folks..I have never seen a simulated dawn sky...this real-to-life. It IS taking my breath away, literally.

This flight simulator TRULY has the only-to-date 'franchise' on putting you in a plane, that is flying through atmospherics so unbelievably real...that FLIGHT...is 'felt'.  You FEEL  like you are IN a real cockpit. It is rather unnerving of sorts...in that you know this is a flight simulator..but you 'FEEL'...the realness, in spite of that.

This is NOT FSX on steroids. THIS is NOT FSX at ALL!  

No...

This is: P3D!, and it stands TOTALLY alone on its own merit...and it has merit folks...by the bucket-load....

Cheers,

Post Edit: This is the FIRST flight sim that, when it is overcast...IT IS OVERCAST upon the terrain!  Absolutely mind-blowing..fantastic!  It looks real...it's what you'd expect it to look like...and so...it is.....   You can feel the rain and dampness, right down to your bones, LOLOLOL!    Also, when travelling through cloud bodies...the sun's corona wavers in intensity...to give the mind 'depth perception of the cloud base'. Then when you break out of the cloud...the corona swells so fast and bright...you actually will wince, as though to protect your vision.  I have never seen anything like this before. It mimics reality down to the toes!   LM...a most hearty congratulations...you have created Disney Magic....and thank you...this is what I wanted and could only hope to see, before I bit the big one....LM...thank you!

A P3D total convert....

So just to be clear. Are you saying you like it?

So just to be clear. Are you saying you like it?

Smile!

NOTAM:   For all those that have Carenado planes for FSX...the SkyMaster 377, the B90, and the Grand Caravan, all have dual installers for either 3PD or FSX. I merely went onto my account, downloaded the latest renditions of all the above...and they installed into 3PD without a hitch or hiccup. At the time of install, you merely 'bullet' the P3D button choice, and then point the installer to your 3PD folder.

I am in fact flying towards Miami Int. in my rave-favorite for VFR work, the Carenado SkyMaster 377.  Boy..does it handle sweet inside P3D....Life is good...life is very, good.

Smile!

NOTAM:   For all those that have Carenado planes for FSX...the SkyMaster 377, the B90, and the Grand Caravan, all have dual installers for either 3PD or FSX. I merely went onto my account, downloaded the latest renditions of all the above...and they installed into 3PD without a hitch or hiccup. At the time of install, you merely 'bullet' the P3D button choice, and then point the installer to your 3PD folder.

I am in fact flying towards Miami Int. in my rave-favorite for VFR work, the Carenado SkyMaster 377.  Boy..does it handle sweet inside P3D....Life is good...life is very, good.

Agree with you.  I have spent most of my recent time in the 377 and B200 around the Med.  At the moment, island hopping.  Great fun.  Add SweetFX to P3D for an enev more vibrant experience.

erich

Agree with you.  I have spent most of my recent time in the 377 and B200 around the Med.  At the moment, island hopping.  Great fun.  Add SweetFX to P3D for an enev more vibrant experience.

erich

Just landed at KMIA.  I have to say, it was the best flight I have ever had in ANY flight simulator.  Certainly visually------------> the most real to life!

Most satisfied with P3D, and its features.  Like everybody else, looking forward to any improvements in FPS and general use.  The future is looking great, and I will ride it out on LM's coat tails!

Yes, I think it's a good time for us flight simming peeps again

It is a bold statement ... but I have to agree. Once I bought a PC with power to spare, P3D has truly been a marvel. I often just take a quick flight in the Carenado Skymaster from Concrete Municipal to Lopez Island (all Orbx scenery) on a scattered clouds day (Active Sky Next) and just sit in awe at how real it all looks.

I know, I know ... we're used to hearing raves about this and that, but just about every time I take these flights, after taxiing in and shutting down, I say to myself, "This is just so cool." You can't get that from just any ordinary soft drink.

Well technically it is a little bit FSX... :P Hey out of curiosity, what gpu are your running? Its not listed in your specs.

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

IMO. With ORBX FTG, It's FSX DX10 with shadows that can kill performance.

Smile!

I don't think that the Carenado planes -except the newest ones- have native P3Dv2 installers. They are dual FSX/P3D 1.4 installers but not for P3Dv2, the newer Alabeo planes have triple installers -FSX, P3D 1.4 and P3Dv2- for example. P3D is not the same as P3Dv2, that's why I don't install any of my Carenado planes atm because I had some CTD issues with them in P3Dv2. And yes, I use the very latest installers for them. Still, if it's working for you that is great!

Well technically it is a little bit FSX... :P Hey out of curiosity, what gpu are your running? Its not listed in your specs.

Yes, of course (smile), Ray...but I think you and others know what I meant, more what you see, feel, experience.  Yes..the same heritage, but man-oh-man, it diverges the moment you press 'start'.

My card should be in there...I'll check again.  It is an EVGA SuperClocked Signature GTX 680 with 2 GB of GDDR 5 RAM.  I am maintaining for 85 percent of all run time, at around 27-30, but I do have some dips below that of course. Before I figured things out, man..I had tanked down to as low as 8 FPS!  That was put to rest as of yesterday morn, though, so of no more concern.

I am so impressed with P3D v2.2...that where it was 'out of the question'.....before yesterday morn, I might seriously entertain looking at the new GTX 880, or 780ti cards soon being offered with 6 GB onboard memory. I am starting to understand that there is a quantum shift away from the CPU, and more to the GPU, or at least equal duty...and to render scenery...we might just need 6 GB's of card RAM.  Reading, flying, reading, flying, and that pattern will probably decide the issue...to keep, or renew, and my son gets the benefit of it...  He is always like a shark slowly cruising by the boat..with the licking of lips....  !!!!!!   

Mitch

IMO. With ORBX FTG, It's FSX DX10 with shadows that can kill performance.

Oh man...RW...I respectively say that I think you are missing something here.  The sim is eons above my (still enjoy very much....) DX10 in atmospherics...in how when you go under a cloud bank, yes...the shadows suite come into play, and you 'feel' that you just have'.  When you go under clouds, and the wings go dull...as they do in real life....then you break out from under the clouds, and the plane lights up as the overcast recedes behind you.  When you see cloud banks and their shadows playing out upon the terrain, mountains, waters...and the sun's corona SIZZILING away down upon you....absoulutely; magic.

What I realized in short order...is that which mimics real life, is if the sim CAN mimic real life.  Cloud shadows upon the terrain, as they should be..in P3D, not in FSX.  Shadows upon the aircraft that is cast through the cabin and projected out upon the wing...in P3D, not in FSX/DX10.  You only see (in FSX/DX10) cockpit shadow play within the confines of the cockpit. I could go on and on...but will spare you all.  This is the first sim to have given me such a total 'feeling' of flying in a 3D airspace...not just merely the XPX of that. The P3D of this, the FSX of that...no...but the WHOLE experience is now wrapped up in the one flight session.  Shadows can be made to sound so 'ah...yawn...so what?'...but that one element alone, as played out in P3D, has broken the 'almost virtually real' barrier. It has shattered through it.  P3D, hand's down gives the user, a real-life flying experience, in and OUT of the aircraft.  I didn't plan on a little mini-review here...but I feel that you need to revisit all the features, spend all the time you need to max your setting specifically to your system...and then take flights in the dawn, day, dusk, and night...and I hope you see what I am seeing since three days ago.  If you do...you will see the Disney, in P3D.... :)]

Cheers!.

I don't think that the Carenado planes -except the newest ones- have native P3Dv2 installers. They are dual FSX/P3D 1.4 installers but not for P3Dv2, the newer Alabeo planes have triple installers -FSX, P3D 1.4 and P3Dv2- for example. P3D is not the same as P3Dv2, that's why I don't install any of my Carenado planes atm because I had some CTD issues with them in P3Dv2. And yes, I use the very latest installers for them. Still, if it's working for you that is great!

Yes, you are right in that...it says only P3D, but those three planes installed with no hitches, and have already flown all three of them today.  Those three install in v2.2 for sure!

Can't wait to see what they do for 2.3. Hopefully they can increase performance quite a bit. 

I LOVE Enthusiasm!!!  (it's MUCH better than euthanasia) You get the job!!!  Hooray!!!

p.s. I've got the shader finished ... sorta.  I see what I want to see with proper proportions, except I see about 40 of them in a grid about the view.  Hrrmmnn.  I'll get back to it after going to the HOA meeting.

Smile!

Take note that any Carenado aircraft older than the C208B only has an installer for FSX, so no way to install those in Prepar3D 2.2 directly.