Sign in to follow this  
ludo1426

Blurries on P3D !

I find with Prepar3d v.2 and Horizon Generation x photo scenery I get much better results with frame rate set at unlimited rather than locked at 30 fps as some recommend. I get a lot of blurries at 30 fps but is vastly improved when unlimited. This is on an i5 2500k based system which works as well as anything else I have seen.

I have a GTX690 on a i7-720 3.2@4ghz win7 64bits. The gtx card has 4gb of vram. I get blurries on vanilla p3d v2.2. I have tried various cfg tweaks described around this forum, but so far it hasnt helped any.

I had a crash error happening a while back. When the crash occourred I could choose to keep the sim running, and the scenery would become utterly blotched out. Blurries would stay blurried instead of updating to more crisp scenery tile. http://forum.avsim.net/topic/441827-runtime-error-r6025-faulting-msvcr100dll/#entry2991565

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

And this advertisement brought to you by Laminar Research.    :lol:

I understand that maybe my 5 screen is too much, even for a 780 Titan Black

There is no such video card called a "780 Titan Black"?  

The 780 and the Titan do NOT support 5 monitors.

Your "My PC" says Apple Mac.

You posted pictures of a CPU-Z showing i7 4960X but you posted pictures of Task Manager showing only 6 cores - are you aware you've disabled HyperThreading?  If so, I would re-enable it.

Maybe you are genuine, but I find it hard to believe someone that runs XPlane with 5 monitors is missing some fundamental understanding of the hardware they own and use.

For 5 monitor systems in P3D I would recommend at least 2 video cards, preferable is 3 video cards -- but in your case a better solution would be to setup networked computers sync'd together to achieve your desired goal of 5 monitors with clear pristine image quality and high fps -- P3D supports this feature all the way to 360 degrees if you like.

Best of Luck 

Rob

P.S.  I hope you are genuine, because selling another product (XP10) by artificially creating a "problem" with one product is not good for the flight simulation community as a whole.

He's disabled hyperthreading so he can overclock his system so he can run X-Plane.

1 - Apple Mac

2 - 780m (laptop video card... not even a Titan)

3 - No hyperthreading.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

disregard....

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

There is a 780... there is a Titan Black... there is not a 780 Titan Black. And his profile says he's running a 780m which is a laptop video card.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

After comparing P3D .v2 with ORBX Global and vanilla, I found out that all of my blurries were a result of using ORBX. That may not be the case with everyone, but it has certainly been the case with me.

Thanks

Try setting your Nvidia Inspector settings back to Default and then get Rid of it, I can't fly more than 15 minutes before i get the Blurries no matter what the in game

settings are, once I delete that i can fly all day with no Blurries running Track  IR ,Vector, Real weather and Traffic.  Yeah i know the Jaggies show up but until there is a Supported driver  

i would rater have the Jaggies than the Blurries.   Your Mileage may Vary but that is what works for me. 

Blurries are directly related to overloading the GPU ... you'll have to balance graphics settings to find the point where you don't have blurries.  Once the GPU gets overloaded the blurries will snowball unless you hit Pause.

Couple of key things that helped me eliminate blurries without having to change much else:

1.  Keep car/boat traffic below 10%  (more critical if you have Orbx Vector 1.15 installed)

2.  Keep AI traffic below 30%

With Orbx Vector 1.15 installed you'll need to be very careful around major cities it can kill performance and cause blurries.  There are also options in Vector 1.15 configuration panel where you can disable some of the roads ... for example if I know I'm flying around major cities I'll disable Tertiary Roads and Secondary Roads, but if I'm flying out in less populated areas I'll re-enable them.

780m which is a laptop video card

5 monitors ("5 screen" - assume that means monitors) on a 780m ... yeah ok ... so I guess he was trolling ... why why o why, I just don't get some people.

And this advertisement brought to you by Laminar Research.    :lol:

There is no such video card called a "780 Titan Black"?  

The 780 and the Titan do NOT support 5 monitors.

Your "My PC" says Apple Mac.

You posted pictures of a CPU-Z showing i7 4960X but you posted pictures of Task Manager showing only 6 cores - are you aware you've disabled HyperThreading?  If so, I would re-enable it.

Maybe you are genuine, but I find it hard to believe someone that runs XPlane with 5 monitors is missing some fundamental understanding of the hardware they own and use.

For 5 monitor systems in P3D I would recommend at least 2 video cards, preferable is 3 video cards -- but in your case a better solution would be to setup networked computers sync'd together to achieve your desired goal of 5 monitors with clear pristine image quality and high fps -- P3D supports this feature all the way to 360 degrees if you like.

Best of Luck 

Rob

P.S.  I hope you are genuine, because selling another product (XP10) by artificially creating a "problem" with one product is not good for the flight simulation community as a whole.

Hello Rob,

I'm not there for Trolling. For your information, the Titan Black is a Graphic Card made by Nvidia in the Serie of GTX780.

I use an IMac with 780m for working and a PC with Titan Black for Sim and I can tell you that there is no comparison between the 780m and the Titan Black !!!

Here is the configuration :

7tm5.jpg

For making 5 Screen with the Titan Black I use 2 Datapath x4.

So

There is a 780... there is a Titan Black... there is not a 780 Titan Black. And his profile says he's running a 780m which is a laptop video card.

As you see below, NO !!!!

Fo the hyperthgreading, as I said below, I have desctived it in the BIOS because some people told me to do this in the Forum.

This afternoon I'll send you photos with Hyperthreading activated and GPU !

So Wrap, if you have any solution, I would be really happy to heard them.

If you're here to speak about liing... Please, create your own post and let the other helping me as they do !

Kind regards

Ludovic

I use an IMac with 780m for working and a PC with Titan Black for Sim

Then for clarity, you should list the specs you sim on, not the PC you work on :smile:

That is one impressive configuration.

I have listed at the beginning of this post the spec of the PC used for Sim, So I never spoke about the Spec of my Mac. Apple don't use Titan Black no Watercooling !!!

I may be genioun Rob, but I'm réally upset with your post !!! I'm not a Laminar Search worker and I have a lot to say about X-plane, but for the moment the only sim that work great with my config is X-Plane So I tell it !!!!

Ludovic

Your setup is about as non-standard as one can get, to be honest. You've rotated all of your displays so their resolutions are no longer standard widescreen. You're trying to push too much data through and blaming the software. I assume you're using the video card's DisplayPort and not the normal HDMI or DVI?

You have installed addons that were not created for Prepar3D.

I suggest that before you start complaining about the sim's actual performance... you try using the sim without all the non-Prepar3D addons installed.

Your computer specs are found in your profile... they are the specs we all go by. Please correct them so we don't draw the wrong conclusions.

Oh... and no one really cares how X-Plane performs on your system.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

I find with Prepar3d v.2 and Horizon Generation x photo scenery I get much better results with frame rate set at unlimited rather than locked at 30 fps as some recommend. I get a lot of blurries at 30 fps but is vastly improved when unlimited. This is on an i5 2500k based system which works as well as anything else I have seen.

I have never had the sim, anything other than locked at 30.  I will try unlimited and see if the blurry terrain, is helped.

After comparing P3D .v2 with ORBX Global and vanilla, I found out that all of my blurries were a result of using ORBX. That may not be the case with everyone, but it has certainly been the case with me.

Thanks

I was wondering that myself. At Vanilla...everything worked, and worked well.  I then added Global, then Vector, then my Regions, and bought two latest custom airports and installed those. Soon after that...crisp and focused terrain would start to morph to chunk-blocky graphics, with no auto-gen...roads...etc...and that would be fatal.  No amount of time running the sim past that occurence would cause the terrain to refocus.  This sucks...

Your setup is about as non-standard as one can get, to be honest. You've rotated all of your displays so their resolutions are no longer standard widescreen. You're trying to push too much data through and blaming the software. I assume you're using the video card's DisplayPort and not the normal HDMI or DVI?

You have installed addons that were not created for Prepar3D.

I suggest that before you start complaining about the sim's actual performance... you try using the sim without all the non-Prepar3D addons installed.

Your computer specs are found in your profile... they are the specs we all go by. Please correct them so we don't draw the wrong conclusions.

Oh... and no one really cares how X-Plane performs on your system.

Warp...I have one monitor, being driven by a single GTX 680, using the latest non-beta...and I have the exact same graphics that he shows...so....there is something within P3D's coding...Tessellation perhaps?  I dunno...someone said that it also was happening with non-ORBX kit.  I guess that would place the cause for this within the sim's coding....at v2.2.  A personal, logic-flow guess....

Well...I see by this post:

http://fsxtimes.wordpress.com/2014/04/12/236-p3d-v2-2-part-1-still-no-good/

...and if you read through a couple of paragraphs in, where the poster talks about what happens with blurred textures, how they form...what they do, or not do..is EXACTLY my own experience.  I now see that it is not because of my platform...or my settings...it seems to be P3D v2.2 inherent.  That would suggest that there is simply nothing I can do to correct this, and that the ball is in LM's court.  I now will not un-install all my work to get ORBX up and running in the sim. It is nothing to do with ORBX, or anybody else...it is a fatal flaw with P3D v2.2.  They must correct this texture degradation. I'll stop using P3D..and moth-ball it. I'll go back to FSX, until v2.3 (hopefully, texture issue fixed...) is announced.  Read the article folks...and you will probably have some form of this, if you are running the sim, hot....

Post Edit: I might be onto something... Global...don't go over texture size of 1024. Set your texture size in the .cfg to 1024, and then go and fly. I am at 2,800 feet near KFNT...and have picture perfect graphics. I had my texture setting to 2048 in the sim. I wonder if this has any bearing on crapped-out textures, using Orbx Global?