Sign in to follow this  
RudiJG1

New Garmin GPS option?

Does somebody know how to purchase this database without owning the actual device or an aircraft? 

It seems to download you need an account with an ID key that is internal to the device.  I would like a subscription just for FS but I can't seem to find a way to download without a device.

Why not wait for the promised instructions for the unit when it is released?

David Porrett

Why not wait for the promised instructions for the unit when it is released?

Ok maybe I'm just tired or my eyesight is worse than I thought but I see nothing about it containing instructions for purchasing up to date navdata. 

I know to go to flygarmin.com to purchase so that's a no brainer.  You need a device ID which can only be obtained from an actual GPS unit then according to garmin.com you will need a special sdcard to copy the data.

Not true. It is update-able. You have to do what they do in the real world... buy it from garmin.

This is all Jim stated. 

But anyway I will wait to see these instructions.  And if Jim reads this I apologize if he did state there are instructions for updating navdata and I just missed the post. 

Shift work does funny things to you.

Sean Green

Looks decent....  I already asked over at SF - wondering if it will use the worldwide.bin file for updating the database?

The GTN and GNS trainers share a common Navdata database, so you can use one for the other..

Just rename the file.

Bert

Very good.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

This should be very good indeed!

50 bucks for both - very reasonable!

Oops I read the page wrong - 50 bucks per... Similar to RXP 530/430 pricing.

I'll probably buy one now and hope developers integrate then buy the 650 later.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Guest tymk

Now we really need to start pestering aircraft devs... Starting with Rob and Sean :wink: Jim Rhoads says they will provide the SDK and want devs to contact them for details. Hope things start moving soon...

Tym

Odd, their "Facebook" link is broken. It simply points back to their own base domain name... :blush:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

First impression.. looks nice - very similar to RXP packaging..

Now I need to figure out how the VC and 2d popup relate to one another..

Bert

Oops I read the page wrong - 50 bucks per... Similar to RXP 530/430 pricing.

Well, sorta.  Crossfill is fully supported without the need for a $100 add-on, as is support for 2 of the same gauge.  That's good.

I wrote earlier that the devil is in the details, and the details available today look very good.  The SDK for developers (with real support from the vendor), the multi-unit support, WAAS support and all the rest.  I'm now officially quite excited to see this.  They even have a switch you can flip to enable using FSX flightplans for those who want that.  About the only downside is that, as you'd expect with F1, it looks like P3D is not supported unless I missed something.

Scott

Very nice, will they be making it for P3D and X-Plane as well? I stopped using FSX awhile ago.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

On their simforums it appears so one is in the works for P3D - but expect comparable pricing for a P3D license (speculating it will cost more)

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

Well, sorta.  Crossfill is fully supported without the need for a $100 add-on, as is support for 2 of the same gauge.  That's good.

Crossfill is not fully supported at present...

Bert